YSU Football HC Replacing Pelini

Dantonio happened to step down from MSU today..... I didn’t read into the details just saw the headline.
We can dream, right???

Looks like a very good list football scoop has up. I like all of them. Coach Tressel will get the right man.

If YSU hires a HS football coach, they are a true dumpster fire. Tyrrell is about as qualified to be a YSU head coach as Freddie Kitchens was to be a Browns NFL head coach. Give me a break. Go with Treadwell or James Madison Coordinator for gods sake or be the laughing stalk of college football.

What else does he need to be qualified? Played at YSU, coached at YSU as a positions coach for 10 years, head coach of arguably one of the top 20 HS programs in the country right now. Born and bred in Youngstown. Ursuline HS grad. His HS program is run like a college program right now. Better than a lot of FCS programs around the country. And he is a Tressel guy. What more do you want?

What else does he need to be qualified? Played at YSU, coached at YSU as a positions coach for 10 years, head coach of arguably one of the top 20 HS programs in the country right now. Born and bred in Youngstown. Ursuline HS grad. His HS program is run like a college program right now. Better than a lot of FCS programs around the country. And he is a Tressel guy. What more do you want?

FWIW, he only coached at YSU for a handful of years, not 10. The bio that the news outlets are posting have him coaching there from 1991-2001. He was in high school in 1991. He lettered from 95-97 at YSU and coached there right after before entering the high school ranks in 2002.

Apparently they can’t wait till Sat. Team will be told today. Press conference ?

Anyone got word of any new signees today on NLOID ? Seems awful quiet.

He's had Tressel in his corner for some time. I get the disappointment of some but at the end of the day I'll trust Jim Tressel's opinion, thanks.

he didn't coach at YSU for 10 years. If he was such a dynamite coach why didn't Tressel bring him to OSU?? He must've been such a good college coach that he went to coach HS.

also you gotta give me the name of your doctor so I can get whatever you're smoking if you think Hoban is a top 20 program nationally! you guys gotta get out of northeast ohio every once in a while its a big world out there!

also you gotta give me the name of your doctor so I can get whatever you're smoking if you think Hoban is a top 20 program nationally! you guys gotta get out of northeast ohio every once in a while its a big world out there!

Opinions will certainly vary, but the folks that actually rank the "Top 20" teams nationally thought the program was pretty good after their most recent state title (2018). Again, not saying you are wrong, but Cougar isn't out of bounds with his thoughts either, IMO:

Regardless of who the next coach is, I hope the fans are supportive as the program moves forward.

Opinions will certainly vary, but the folks that actually rank the "Top 20" teams nationally thought the program was pretty good after their most recent state title (2018). Again, not saying you are wrong, but Cougar isn't out of bounds with his thoughts either, IMO:

Regardless of who the next coach is, I hope the fans are supportive as the program moves forward.

that was for one year, saying they are a top 20 program nationally, year over year is a wild exaggeration. they also have some great advantages within the region. going to be a whole different ballgame to recruit on a nationwide scale. its tough to say he was the best coach for the job, Tress wanted one of his guys he could have some rule over after dealing with Bo.