Would anyone step up to D1

Just so it’s clear to you, the topic would have died if a known troll didn’t think someone was trying to disrespect Massillon only to be embarrassed by the answer and try to change the topic again (to emojis).

So of Massillon's 1163 total enrollment, 100% of them are economically disadvantaged? Lol. Wait, check that, the claim was 100% poverty. Now I understand you'd like to believe that is accurate, but do you believe that is accurate? Or maybe I should be asking, how stupid are you?

So of Massillon's 1163 total enrollment, 100% of them are economically disadvantaged? Lol. Wait, check that, the claim was 100% poverty. Now I understand you'd like to believe that is accurate, but do you believe that is accurate? Or maybe I should be asking, how stupid are you?
I don’t think it’s accurate but it’s there for all to see. According to the ODE, Massillon Washington High School students are 100% economically disadvantaged.

Say for example the actual percentage is 25% or 35%, who would benefit from the state thinking it was 100%?

I don’t think it’s accurate but it’s there for all to see. According to the ODE, Massillon Washington High School students are 100% economically disadvantaged.

Say for example the actual percentage is 25% or 35%, who would benefit from the state thinking it was 100%?

So now you agree with Maxie? Nice self-own idiot. Nuff said. I won't even dignify your other dumb*** conspiracy. Gawd what an idiot.

So now you agree with Maxie? Nice self-own idiot. Nuff said. I won't even dignify your other dumb*** conspiracy. Gawd what an idiot.

Him when he hears the name Massillon.

Dog Flex GIF by chescaleigh

One of my buddies went to Hoban Boardman game last night and said he called to Tyrrell and he said Hoban will be moving up to Div I

One of my buddies went to Hoban Boardman game last night and said he called to Tyrrell and he said Hoban will be moving up to Div I
I dont believe that but I do think that would tighten the chokehold they already have on Summit County and potentially make them stronger as a program. If they do ill be the first to eat crow and salute Coach T

I dont believe that but I do think that would tighten the chokehold they already have on Summit County and potentially make them stronger as a program. If they do ill be the first to eat crow and salute Coach T
They would certainly be in the hunt in R1 every year but can you elaborate on how that would increase their “chokehold” on the area?

I agree with this 100%.
Re: St. Ignatius, I don’t think they’ll ever get to the level they were at previously for a few reasons. The rise of Hoban and St. Edward to elite status and kids more willing to stay at their local public. Back in the day kids from Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties wouldn’t think twice about going to St. Ignatius. Avon, Medina, Highland, Aurora, Chardon, Avon Lake, etc. are benefitting from kids staying “home”. Re: us showing off our talent in at least D3, I’m not sure how much I care about that. We intentionally schedule the toughest non-conference in the state, 2024 were playing D1 champs, a D1 regional finalist, D2 runner up, D2 state semi-finalist and we’ve attempted to get the D2 champs on the schedule in ‘23 and ‘24 unfortunately schedules didn’t align for that one. Our weakest non-conf opponent is D1 Liberty that lost to D1 regional finalist Coffman. All that to say it would be cool to be back in D1 and hopefully win it but our priority is sending kids to school and thank God neither the Senate nor dropping divisions have stopped the colleges from recruiting out kids. I’ll be honest, I was worried about that when we were deciding on his high school.
I agree with that. I think a five year look back coupled with enrollment would make some sense. If you start tinkering around with poverty ect, that may have some unintended consequences.
What effect should poverty, demographics and past success play when assigning divisions. Seems like a very tricky and difficult means to an end. Would higher poverty levels move you down?

What effect should poverty, demographics and past success play when assigning divisions. Seems like a very tricky and difficult means to an end. Would higher poverty levels move you down?
Not necessarily. What would you do with Springfield, Wayne and Colerain in that case? They are the only big school public’s that came out of SW ohio in recent memory.

So what then? Poor schools who are good stay where you are but poor schools that don’t win move down? Rich schools who suck move down too or do they stay where they are? Lol

Why only the option to move up to D1? We all know ML doesn't belong in D1 but they don't belong in D7 either, I mean there's a whole thread here talking about their 2023 D7 opponents coach stepping down because the admin were incompetent