World Series: Astros v/s Dodgers

Who wins

• Total voters

Sig Hansen

Yankees/Dodgers WS would have been awesome but I guess we'll have to settle for this. I'll take Dodgers in 5, they have far superior pitching and have hit well throughout the playoffs.

Rooting for the Astros. Not sure why, but this is the most interested I've been in MLB in a number of years when the Indians were not part of the game(s).

LA in 7. They remind me of the Royals from a few yrs ago, their bullpen is dominating and their bats are warming up.

Rooting for the Dodgers is like rooting for the Yankees, except they are from Hollywood. Go Astros! (In 6 games).

Seriously, if the Yankees had been playing the Dodgers, it would have been the first time since the mid 80's where the Yankees were playing a team in the playoffs with a higher team salary. I hate it when teams buy titles. The Astros built it the right way...

Rooting for the Dodgers is like rooting for the Yankees, except they are from Hollywood. Go Astros! (In 6 games).

Seriously, if the Yankees had been playing the Dodgers, it would have been the first time since the mid 80's where the Yankees were playing a team in the playoffs with a higher team salary. I hate it when teams buy titles. The Astros built it the right way...

It would be cool to see the SI prophecy from a few years ago come true. I am rooting for Houston, but I just think LA is slightly better

Rooting for the Astros. Not sure why, but this is the most interested I've been in MLB in a number of years when the Indians were not part of the game(s).

+1 (except for the Indians part ;) )

A great matchup. Astros offense vs. Dodgers pitching. The last time two 100-win teams met in the World Series was almost half-a-century ago (1970 Reds/Orioles).

I really haven't watched many Astros games until the playoffs, but I love the way they play...especially Altuve...he's amazing. Count me in rooting for the Astros.

100-degree heat for Game 1. :eek:

Only way I see the Astros winning is if Kershaw has an off night in Game 1. The game 2 matchup is a little more even (Hill vs Verlander). Other than that, Dodgers have a clear advantage in SP every game imo. They also have the better bullpen.

Kershaw vs Keuchel
Hill vs Verlander
Morton vs Darvish
McCullers vs Wood

Kershaw having an off night isn't out of the question. He's been spectacularly pedestrian in the playoffs throughout his career. 4.40 career postseason ERA. Had one really good game this year, one bad game this year. It'll be interesting to see which Kershaw comes out.

Kershaw having an off night isn't out of the question. He's been spectacularly pedestrian in the playoffs throughout his career. 4.40 career postseason ERA. Had one really good game this year, one bad game this year. It'll be interesting to see which Kershaw comes out.

So you're saying you'd rather have Bumgarner in a must win situation? ;)

Dodgers in six!

This one of the more deeper and complete teams in recent history. Roberts can go with several combination lineups and not lose a thing. Not to mention starting pitching,bullpen, and were a top defense in all of baseball this year. I give Houston maybe 2 games at home games 3 and 5. Those will be must win situations as game 4 they will probably face Kershaw again.

Bummy is the GOAT postseason pitcher

Overall postseason, maybe. But Jack Billingham was untouchable in his three World Series ('72, '75 and '76). His importance to the Reds in the 1975 and 1976 World Series is often forgot.

In his 7 games: 25.1 innings pitched, 1 earned run, 0.36 ERA

For Kershaw that's gotta be a gorilla off his back. Dodgers are so damn good

And a 2:28 minute game. Bravo MLB, the mid-inning commercials suck though

For Kershaw that's gotta be a gorilla off his back. Dodgers are so damn good

And a 2:28 minute game. Bravo MLB, the mid-inning commercials suck though

Yeah, that's big mentally for Kershaw. 11 strikeouts, only 3 hits. Kind of surprised they took him out, honestly but it worked out.

Also, fantastic it didn't even last 2.5 hours. It helps there wasn't much offense but still.

Agree with both Kershaw posts above. It is a sign of the modern game that they took him out after 7. I'd call it dumb. Best pitcher of this decade, on a roll, 83 pitches after 7. Let the man finish.

I'm sure the Astros dugout was like "Yes! Let us try against anybody but Kershaw." While the Dodger bullpen was great, it was still the wrong move.

Verlander goes 9 tonight for the W.

The Dodgers haven't won a title since 1988! :dang:

Agree with both Kershaw posts above. It is a sign of the modern game that they took him out after 7. I'd call it dumb. Best pitcher of this decade, on a roll, 83 pitches after 7. Let the man finish.

I'm sure the Astros dugout was like "Yes! Let us try against anybody but Kershaw." While the Dodger bullpen was great, it was still the wrong move.

Verlander goes 9 tonight for the W.

When you have a bullpen as good as the Dodgers do it makes sense. This way Kershaw is less worn out and will be totally fresh for Game 4 or 5. Morrow and Jansen have been virtually unhittable all season long

What are the odds that both teams would score two in the 10th? Houston just let a golden opportunity get away.