Why so quiet.

This years has been very quiet, no bragging or crazy predictions on tournament runs. Pick it up crazy softball parents. ?

This years has been very quiet, no bragging or crazy predictions on tournament runs. Pick it up crazy softball parents. ?
I remember when free speech was one of our rights in this country and Yappi was the place to be! All kidding aside, couldn't agree more.

Been raining here in SW Ohio most of this week. Not much to talk about. I hear Williamsburg is pretty tough this yr but not sure what Division they play in.

I think people are still in a “Covid lull”, and the quality of softball across the board in the nearby 3-4 counties is subpar compared to what it usually is. Many schools can’t even field JV teams. Not many outstanding teams to talk about. Big rivalry games? There are far to many low quality teams out there. Just take a look at these mega sectional/district brackets and check out the records of these teams. The April weather was pretty good for the most part. May could be better. Most teams are not even coming close to playing their maximum of 27 games. Summer ball seems to be doing just fine. Not sure what is going on with high school softball in NE Ohio?

I think people are still in a “Covid lull”, and the quality of softball across the board in the nearby 3-4 counties is subpar compared to what it usually is. Many schools can’t even field JV teams. Not many outstanding teams to talk about. Big rivalry games? There are far to many low quality teams out there. Just take a look at these mega sectional/district brackets and check out the records of these teams. The April weather was pretty good for the most part. May could be better. Most teams are not even coming close to playing their maximum of 27 games. Summer ball seems to be doing just fine. Not sure what is going on with high school softball in NE Ohio?
Similar situation in SW Ohio. Seems many of the traditional powers (Mason, Lakota East, Lebanon, Clinton Massie, etc...) are way down and the quality of ball is just not where it's been in the past. Really there is just not a lot to talk about outside of a few teams.

Lakota West has been really good this year. They only lost to a team from Indiana and a pitcher that is committed to Florida. Honestly, I think West's success has been somewhat surprising. The general play in the area is not what I am used to seeing.

Lakota West has been really good this year. They only lost to a team from Indiana and a pitcher that is committed to Florida. Honestly, I think West's success has been somewhat surprising. The general play in the area is not what I am used to seeing.
Based on record, Lakota West and Miamisburg appear to be the only two really solid teams in this area in the big school division.

Lakota West has three solid pitchers and Mathis has turned into an exceptional all around player. Coach Castner does a great job of getting the most out of his resources. I see him at Tourneys all over the summer. Hopefully they keep there momentum going into the tourney.

Ran into a friend of mine who as a top seed and caught some of their practice today.

Told him afterwards that it reminded me of my ole HS coaches as the whole practice was situations.
Have to stay sharp come tourny time....

Cool story....I know

Ran into a friend of mine who as a top seed and caught some of their practice today.

Told him afterwards that it reminded me of my ole HS coaches as the whole practice was situations.
Have to stay sharp come tourny time....

Cool story....I know
Situational practice play Is a must. You start out with fundamentals/drills, with batting and pitching/catching mixed in, but eventually you need to put these kids into the situations they will encounter in their games. It is each and every players responsibility to know the situation of the game, and what they should do with the ball if it gets hit to them. Good games come down to situational play on both offense and defense, and limiting the amount of mental, as well as physical, mistakes. This is why your friend’s team is a top seed.

Situational practice play Is a must. You start out with fundamentals/drills, with batting and pitching/catching mixed in, but eventually you need to put these kids into the situations they will encounter in their games. It is each and every players responsibility to know the situation of the game, and what they should do with the ball if it gets hit to them. Good games come down to situational play on both offense and defense, and limiting the amount of mental, as well as physical, mistakes. This is why your friend’s team is a top seed.
Absolutely.
Reminded me of my good ole days. Well, at the time we probably didnt like it but it pays off at the end of the day!
PFP is huge and if you dont work on it enough, you will get burnt!