Why so many lefties in Softball šŸ„Ž WS?

Amigo

What is the theory behind the plethora of left-handed hitters on Oklahoma and Florida State. Many of the lefties throw right-handed which is another quirk to the so-called "norm" of righties/righties. Any suggestions out there?

What is the theory behind the plethora of left-handed hitters on Oklahoma and Florida State. Many of the lefties throw right-handed which is another quirk to the so-called "norm" of righties/righties. Any suggestions out there?
Is this really a question? The step and a half to first base. It's huge in a game like softball where so many games are low scoring and getting on first base is the key to the game. From the time these kids are 8 years old, if they are pretty good, the likely become slap lefty hitters.

I think a significant number of serious softball parents push their kids to the left side early on. I know one girl that is a DI talent that started out right-handed but is now a left-handed only hitter now. Very good slapper but has good power too. If her parents did not know much about softball, she probably would be a very good right-handed hitter right now but maybe not quite as high of a recruit.

In the game of fastpitch coaches look for advantages, If a lady has speed but struggles at the plate or, is an average hitter its a no brainer to turn them around. you generally see better numbers.
Coaches next look to reduce strike outs by slapping and bunting. Not only does this make the D play with pressure it helps generate offence especially at the HS level and lower as additional bases happen with aggressive play.
I turned my DD around at 8 and she hit about 50% of the time on both sides of the plate up to 13U. After that she hit mostly on the right side especially in HS/College because the coaches liked the HR and she did not have speed.
With that said as a lefty while her power numbers SLG % were lower, her average and OBP was better as a lefty.