Why are so many protesters wearing Covid masks?

Early 2021 very few Trump voters were wearing mask probably less than 2% at that time, probably 65% of Biden voters were wearing mask. All people who didn't want to be identified Jan 6th were wearing mask. This would include most ANTIFA, most Feds and yes some Trump supporters.
Why didn’t they want to be identified? I thought they were proud American patriots?

Some people simply gravitated towards the lockdown measures. This was a new norm in America and they liked them for reasons having to do or not having to do with the disease. The list is endless: genuine protection of themselves and others, hypochondria, emotional disturbances, etc... I sorta suspect with the protestors specifically we're probably talking emotional disturbances. We're so far past the pandemic now that virtue signaling is out.

We are talking about medical masks, why do you keep bringing up gators?
You want to limit it to medical masks. The question did not limit it to that. You inserted medical. It was masks made popular due to Covid. Did you forget already?

You want to limit it to medical masks. The question did not limit it to that. You inserted medical. It was masks made popular due to Covid. Did you forget already?
Read the title again, and report back to me. I even provided a video of a clueless protestor wearing one.

Read the title again, and report back to me. I even provided a video of a clueless protestor wearing one.
I was answering the question he posed. Also, the title says nothing about medical masks. You keep inserting that.

That said, I imagine the people wearing masks on J6 and during the current protests are wearing them for different reasons

I was answering the question he posed. Also, the title says nothing about medical masks. You keep inserting that.

That said, I imagine the people wearing masks on J6 and during the current protests are wearing them for different reasons
Covid masks, we think of medical masks when stated like that.

How many were there? Then even more trumped up charges.
Oh. So now the definition of charges changes? Kinda like masks made popular during covid changed to medical?

2,000 entered the building. Not sure how many more were there but let’s just say 1,200 is not a few. LOL.

You see people from time to time wearing masks at hotels . Airports , on trains and subways , office buildings , at the store.
Yes but this was about the protestors? Pretty sure the reason people still wear them today in these settings is vastly different than why the protestors wear them. That said....I do get a good belly laugh from those that still wear them today..
And at these protests apparently .
Yes. This is the point of this thread. Any insight why they wear them?
I couldn’t care less and I’m not bothered whether someone wears one or not.
So you don't care about these protests? What if it involved your kids at college? Or even just prevented them from attending their classes? Do you care then?

What about your garbage routes?
I wore one only when required and not for a long time now .
Nobody cares.
It shouldn’t be an issue at all . It’s not as if people wearing them affects anyone adversely whatsoever.
The protests aren't impacting anyone whatsoever? You sure sparky?
Who cares .
You seem to.
Unless you are trying to make a political point that denigrates some folks assuming their politics don’t align with yours then I guess .
These are protests ya know?

This. Covid gives them some plausible deniability about why they are wearing them, but Occam's razor tells us that they don't want to be identified.
Why. Thought they were proud Patriots? Sounds like they were nothing but common street thugs.

When I see people wearing masks in public nowadays I give them the benefit of the doubt that there is a medical condition involved . However before 2020 it was very rare to see a masked person in public so.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So they thought they would be charged? How smart did they end up being? LOL.
lol, given the leftist that are in charge, why wouldn’t they? I mean they weren’t working for the FBI like Ray was. And given the nonsense charges they were correct to be wary. lol pretty funny that you can’t see that. If they had been Dems nothing would have happened to them. You need to pay closer attention.

lol, given the leftist that are in charge, why wouldn’t they? I mean they weren’t working for the FBI like Ray was. And given the nonsense charges they were correct to be wary. lol pretty funny that you can’t see that. If they had been Dems nothing would have happened to them. You need to pay closer attention.
Juries and judges found them guilty.

BTW … your Ray BS has been thoroughly debunked. You can escape the bubble if you try.

Juries and judges found them guilty.

BTW … your Ray BS has been thoroughly debunked. You can escape the bubble if you try.

lol, sure it has. Did they ever figure out who planted those bombs? I mean the same people who cleared Ray, who by the way did way more than 99% of those there, so he absolutely should have been charged, still can’t solve the bombs placed at the Dem and R headquarters. lol. You are the perfect dupe.

When I see people wearing masks in public nowadays I give them the benefit of the doubt that there is a medical condition involved . However before 2020 it was very rare to see a masked person in public so.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
A single person or a small group of people out in public....ok maybe. Hundreds of people who are behaving poorly? They aren't wearing it because of a medical condition.

A single person or a small group of people out in public....ok maybe. Hundreds of people who are behaving poorly? They aren't wearing it because of a medical condition.
I wasn’t applying my mask rule to these idiots. Just saying that if you go to Walmart you’ll usually see a few masked people where 3 years ago it was not common. I agree with some of the comments on here…facial identity being the primary reason.

Shopping with the wife at a mall this past weekend and saw several poseurs near the Dior/Chanel cosmetic counters wearing the standard cloth surgical masks. Keeping the top of the mask down below the nose is a nice touch. :rolleyes:

Laughable.
I'm seeing similar things. The few people wearing these masks are almost always wearing them incorrectly. What the hell are they trying to accomplish?