Who are the Yappi Football Top Posters?

Sykotyk gives us content that we should really pay for. I remember asking a question about his time in Philly during the Euclid football safety crisis earlier this year. I really just wanted a simple one sentence answer, but he put so much effort into a post that has driven me down the rabbit hole of Philly high school football. He is an encyclopedia.

Bkmk1 had a nice post earlier and is one of the better posters around here. I can tell he loves the game itself and is always very rational with his analysis.

I do love the Massillon posters in general just because they seem to keep this board going. Oil Filter especially. JLP is another good one. True fans of their team/school/community. They aren't afraid of an argument, I really respect that, though I think they lose more than they like to think ;).

I miss CatAlum. I knew him very well. He was a mentor to me when I was in law school and working during the day. He always asked me how I was doing, asking if there was anything he could do to help, even though I was an Eds kid and he was a diehard Ignatius guy. He was really witty in his posts (being an excellent lawyer helped with that), especially Eds/Ignatius posts. He was great at writing subtle digs on St. Eds.

Clarkgriswold is great on the Browns thread. I think he understands that Browns fandom is more comedic relief than anything. WJ-OSU-STEELERS also does come into those Browns threads and gives rational analysis, but is rightfully run out. Only we can make fun of the Browns.

I'm missing a LOT, but those I mentioned are the usernames I always seem to see first.

The Massillon posters are a great example, but I like the posters here who will defend their school and team. Can some of those sort of posters at times be a tad toxic, maybe. If someone is a bit more sensitive, might I be tempted to try to trigger them, for and giggles? Perhaps, but I respect the hell out of those posters who are only determined to support their team and community. Those sorts of posters are the ones that keep this forums going.

In light of this, I think some of the posters that best exemplify that are @Cougarfan22 and @Maxie You two, just keep on defending your school and community.

I also have enjoyed the posts of guys like @my2sense and @Mackinbiner . They just enjoy trolling and starting drama, just for the sake of starting drama. IDK, those two posters just had a way of getting under peoples skin that was always good for a laugh.

@Pope Francis 1 quote on one of them summed it all up: "A silent Mackinwhiner is a gift from the lord".

One last word from me:

Everyone who took on Bishop Sycamore on this thread:

I dont care what else you have ever said or did on these forums. What kind of trouble you managed to start. You are a hero.

To some of the newer posters on this forum; you may wanna check this out.

Last edited:
Sykotyk gives us content that we should really pay for. I remember asking a question about his time in Philly during the Euclid football safety crisis earlier this year. I really just wanted a simple one sentence answer, but he put so much effort into a post that has driven me down the rabbit hole of Philly high school football. He is an encyclopedia.

Bkmk1 had a nice post earlier and is one of the better posters around here. I can tell he loves the game itself and is always very rational with his analysis.

I do love the Massillon posters in general just because they seem to keep this board going. Oil Filter especially. JLP is another good one. True fans of their team/school/community. They aren't afraid of an argument, I really respect that, though I think they lose more than they like to think ;).

I miss CatAlum. I knew him very well. He was a mentor to me when I was in law school and working during the day. He always asked me how I was doing, asking if there was anything he could do to help, even though I was an Eds kid and he was a diehard Ignatius guy. He was really witty in his posts (being an excellent lawyer helped with that), especially Eds/Ignatius posts. He was great at writing subtle digs on St. Eds.

Clarkgriswold is great on the Browns thread. I think he understands that Browns fandom is more comedic relief than anything. WJ-OSU-STEELERS also does come into those Browns threads and gives rational analysis, but is rightfully run out. Only we can make fun of the Browns.

I'm missing a LOT, but those I mentioned are the usernames I always seem to see first.
Thanks for that. I tend not to know when to shut up. So.... I'll go on a long journey if you give me an open-ended question.

Sykotyk is my favorite poster, knows the game, been all over this country seeing games, his opinions never feel biased in any way and I don’t remember him ever bashing any school or getting personal. After Sykotyk there are several Massillon posters that I really enjoy their postings. JLP, Egret, Massillon#82, Maxie, oilfilter and a couple others. We’ve had our battles but I really appreciate and respect how they fiercely defend their school, community and each other. Personally, I feel like I understand them and a little bit of brotherhood is in play…. at least from my side.

Sykotyk is my favorite poster, knows the game, been all over this country seeing games, his opinions never feel biased in any way and I don’t remember him ever bashing any school or getting personal. After Sykotyk there are several Massillon posters that I really enjoy their postings. JLP, Egret, Massillon#82, Maxie, oilfilter and a couple others. We’ve had our battles but I really appreciate and respect how they fiercely defend their school, community and each other. Personally, I feel like I understand them and a little bit of brotherhood is in play…. at least from my side.
Dear Jesus, Joseph, and Mary! ABOUT DAYUM TIME!! Eleven freaking pages before I'm mentioned? LOL. Seriously, we have some great ones on here and for the most part I enjoy them all. A few of them pizz me off but not to the point of saying anything stupid. Carry on, mates!!

Dear Jesus, Joseph, and Mary! ABOUT DAYUM TIME!! Eleven freaking pages before I'm mentioned? LOL. Seriously, we have some great ones on here and for the most part I enjoy them all. A few of them pizz me off but not to the point of saying anything stupid. Carry on, mates!!
We decided to wait a while to torture you. We not only waited 11 pages, the thread is over 6 years old!

Do all you Massillon posters know each other personally for the most part, or at least able to put a face to a screen name?

FWK was the GOAT.

Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

From what perspective is the only question:
Outrageous
Comical
Football guru
Out in left field
More of a social justice poster
Pure entertainment
Perspective is the operative word. RIP FW 🙏🏻
Did anybody ever take him up on the offer to have Turkey dinner at I think Bob Evans in Steubenville? He brought this Turkey dinner up countless times. LOL!! Guy was a legend.

For a stroll down memory lane, the Yappi archives don't disappoint.

I think we need to come up with a 16 "best poster" tournament. (bracket style- random seed, just for match-up purposes only. maybe even by regions- LOL!). Then do a 2 day poll for each matchup.
Example: Monday and Tuesday = 1 vs 16, Wednesday and Thursday = 2 vs 15, Friday and Saturday = 3 vs. 14, etc...
Then the next round of 8, then 4 , Championship match could be a week long poll.
It could get started by everyone posting their top 5 posters (in random order) from now until Sunday at 7:00 PM.
Then set up the bracket based on the 16 names of posters with the most votes.

And it doesn't have to start this weekend or the bracket play this Monday. Was just showing how it would work.
Interested???

If so, I started a thread called "Best Yappi Poster Tournament.

Last edited:
The Massillon posters are a great example, but I like the posters here who will defend their school and team. Can some of those sort of posters at times be a tad toxic, maybe. If someone is a bit more sensitive, might I be tempted to try to trigger them, for and giggles? Perhaps, but I respect the hell out of those posters who are only determined to support their team and community. Those sorts of posters are the ones that keep this forums going.

In light of this, I think some of the posters that best exemplify that are @Cougarfan22 and @Maxie You two, just keep on defending your school and community.
Even tho @Maxie doesn’t like me, I respect his attention to detail and sense of History.

Did anybody ever take him up on the offer to have Turkey dinner at I think Bob Evans in Steubenville? He brought this Turkey dinner up countless times. LOL!! Guy was a legend.
A typical FWK post could include:

1. Post on the game (typically Steubenville) at hand.
2. Post on a Steubenville game from the 1960s.
3. Post on the sport of figure skating.
4. Detailed recipe instructions on how to properly prepare Beef Bourguignon.

You always forget the best in your first thoughts: @ESPN 990 deserved recognition I failed to give.

I started to listen to 990 online for his coaches interviews. He falls under the encyclopedia level poster. I'm hard pressed to find a poster that knows more about local high school football than he does. He's clarified things about St. Eds football that I couldn't remember. And he's from Massillon!

That coaches corner you do live is great 990. Please keep it going.

A typical FWK post could include:

1. Post on the game (typically Steubenville) at hand.
2. Post on a Steubenville game from the 1960s.
3. Post on the sport of figure skating.
4. Detailed recipe instructions on how to properly prepare Beef Bourguignon.
Spot on.

You always forget the best in your first thoughts: @ESPN 990 deserved recognition I failed to give.

I started to listen to 990 online for his coaches interviews. He falls under the encyclopedia level poster. I'm hard pressed to find a poster that knows more about local high school football than he does. He's clarified things about St. Eds football that I couldn't remember. And he's from Massillon!

That coaches corner you do live is great 990. Please keep it going.
He is a St. Edward grad. That being said, he does a good job with the coaches’ interviews.