What's going on in the world

How do you qualify to collect?
By working and failing to successfully save for your own retirement
You'll be glad it is a thing later
No, because I have a robust stock portfolio
LOL

My SS is looking more like my "age 67 COLA" every day the Demarxists hold power.

"Comfortably" retired and 8 years away.
I was about to continue my anti-SS rant, but your reply made me reconsider my grasp of the English language. Please clarify what you mean by this...

This is only interesting to those collecting social security. Those who choose to still use checks should accept the inherent security risks that come forthwith. Get a venmo and get with the times...
See that's not fair, venmo may be good for small amounts of money, but if I have to move $2000 I'm going to write a check.

By working and failing to successfully save for your own retirement

No, because I have a robust stock portfolio

I was about to continue my anti-SS rant, but your reply made me reconsider my grasp of the English language. Please clarify what you mean by this...
My portfolio became less aggressive as I aged, I thought if SS failed I wouldn't care, shifted to bonds, index funds, helped my kids, enjoyed life, my body started breaking down, I retired.

Now I'm wondering about "consulting". Or "down-sizing". LOL These idiots are going to break the machine. Then what ?

Palm Springs to put $200,000 toward transgender income pilot but council reservations remain

Palm Springs Desert Sun

The Palm Springs City Council voted unanimously Thursday to provide $200,000 to two local organizations that are aiming to launch a pilot basic income program that would provide money to transgender and non-binary residents. However, they stopped short of agreeing to provide the much larger sum of as much as $900,000 that leaders of the organizations behind the project say would likely be required for the project to ultimately go forward, and expressed reservations about doing so in the future. Guaranteed income programs are social welfare programs that provide regular “no strings attached” payments. Proponents argue that such programs affectively address poverty and perhaps do so better than other efforts that come with more limits and requirements. The funds were requested by DAP Health and Queer Works, a Coachella Valley-based organization dedicated to eliminating disparities faced by transgender and non-binary people. Non-binary people are people who identify as neither male or female.
what in the actual he77? I'll bet the City Council will crow about how their shrewd fiscal responsibility saved the city $700k!

If I'm moving $2000, I will be using some form of crypto, which cannot be tracked by the government and cannot be stolen from beneath me with proper security precautions.
You should use my new crypto, send me that $2000 and I will send you my crypto coin which is definitely worth $2000

The good people of California have enjoyed a victory over the Democrat Party's black racists and women who believe that just showing up at work with a vagina underneath of them means that they are entitled to equal station and compensation. Go, Judicial Watch!!

So, I guess Biden just kicked the student loan payback moratorium down the road, again. I wonder if the OP of this thread would have served in the military had he known Dementia Joe was going to try this ?

Here is terrific take on "Bernie's bribe" being adopted by the desperate Demarxists -

1.7 trillion would be what the Crazy Covid Bill was, right ? That is half of what caused this inflation. Today's Democrats are insane.

So, I guess Biden just kicked the student loan payback moratorium down the road, again. I wonder if the OP of this thread would have served in the military had he known Dementia Joe was going to try this ?

Here is terrific take on "Bernie's bribe" being adopted by the desperate Demarxists -

1.7 trillion would be what the Crazy Covid Bill was, right ? That is half of what caused this inflation. Today's Democrats are insane.
There are two points that I think the Republicans lose in the political game. One is claiming that 47% of people pay no taxes. Of course, they mean 47% of people pay no "Federal Income" taxes but they always shorten it to "pay no taxes." It's not true and it becomes offensive when a rich person says it over and over.

The second issue is student loans. People in our country get out of their debts all the time. Many are poor. Many are middle class. And many are rich. Simply declare bankruptcy and debts for most people disappear. Businesses and regular people take advantage of these laws all the time. But there are a couple types of debts that are mostly unforgivable. Student loans are one of those types of debts.

I get why they made this rule in the first place. Students rack up enormous debt getting through school with no job and no assets. What is to stop them from graduating at 22 years old and declaring bankruptcy the very next day. They could essentially go to school for free. So making student loans difficult to discharge makes sense, at least early after graduation. But after a time, that debt should be treated like any other personal debt.

Again, these are two points that Republicans fight for but I think they are on the wrong side. Recognize that most people pay taxes even if they do not pay one specific kind (Federal Income). And treat all debt equally. Racking up $10,000 of debt at McDonald's shouldn't be treated better than $10,000 of debt to go to college.

Sorry for the rant. Just finishing up my taxes tonight and remembering Mitt Romney's stupid comment that cost him the election.

There are two points that I think the Republicans lose in the political game. One is claiming that 47% of people pay no taxes. Of course, they mean 47% of people pay no "Federal Income" taxes but they always shorten it to "pay no taxes." It's not true and it becomes offensive when a rich person says it over and over.

The second issue is student loans. People in our country get out of their debts all the time. Many are poor. Many are middle class. And many are rich. Simply declare bankruptcy and debts for most people disappear. Businesses and regular people take advantage of these laws all the time. But there are a couple types of debts that are mostly unforgivable. Student loans are one of those types of debts.

I get why they made this rule in the first place. Students rack up enormous debt getting through school with no job and no assets. What is to stop them from graduating at 22 years old and declaring bankruptcy the very next day. They could essentially go to school for free. So making student loans difficult to discharge makes sense, at least early after graduation. But after a time, that debt should be treated like any other personal debt.

Again, these are two points that Republicans fight for but I think they are on the wrong side. Recognize that most people pay taxes even if they do not pay one specific kind (Federal Income). And treat all debt equally. Racking up $10,000 of debt at McDonald's shouldn't be treated better than $10,000 of debt to go to college.

Sorry for the rant. Just finishing up my taxes tonight and remembering Mitt Romney's stupid comment that cost him the election.
Agree with your point on the taxes. I have a family member who pays zero in federal income tax but when you combine self employment tax and property /school income tax his percentage of tax paid to income is very high like in the 40% range of gross income.

The student loan thing is very frustrating. Have one son who went back to graduate school this Winter. He had enough equity in his home to borrow against it @ 3.5% home equity line fixed for 5 years. His counselor at the university advised him to take the government backed loans instead as the government may forgive the debt or at least pay the interest going forward. He reluctantly accepted that as the best path forward. We have reached a point where potential 7% government backed loan is prefered to a 3.5% private loan because of political promises.

The student debt issue is, in large part, a Democrat caused problem. Obama blathered on about everybody going to college, pushed hard for it in terms of "equal" access for all, and yet his Administration was responsible for the bankruptcy bill that made it impossible to discharge student loan in bankruptcy. At the very least, he signed it without reservations. If not for that OBAMA era rule, many of these loans may not have been granted at all. How many loans that are now privatized would not have been consolidated without that guarantee ?

Don't pay off the welchers' loans out federal funds. AT LEAST make these people declare bankruptcy if they truly are unable to pay. How many people stall and go blow money on consumer goods because the Demarxists have been pushing this generational bribe for 6 years now ? Seriously. No one twisted their arms to go to college.

It smells like all the Democrats' backward-looking of judgement of 18th-century slave-holders, or the lies they tell now about the Democrat energy policy from Jan 20,2021 until the Russian invasion began.

Last edited:
That’s one reason. As far as salaried positions, which are seldom fatal, they blather about the 18% average wage gap by gender, the two real ones, but they ignore the fact that women do not put in as many hours as men do. Men are getting more raises from their entry level salaries than women do because they, on the average, put in more time and do more work. It’s a fact that this should be a non-issue if we weren’t doing anything other than virtue-signaling or trying to take advantage of political climate. If you wanna make money, get more busy.