What happens if counties go "Purple"?

Hey look at my paisley print mask that my gf made me!!! Yeah I know the virus is super contagious and is most likely created in a lab by guys wearing biological warfare suits....but this mask will protect me.
You’re very bad at trolling. You have to be less obvious about it.

Where we at on the death rate? How many asymptotic people? How many mask wearers are getting sick....since it’s all the rave and cases are rising.

The combined effect is that epidemiologists forecast 0.6-0.7% to die, after getting Covid-19– that correlates to an overall 99.3-99.4% survival rate— that death rate is 6X-7X higher than the 0.1% death rate typically experienced with the seasonal flu— and is high enough to overwhelm our health care system, if allowed ”to let it rip” (as some posters here and elsewhere have advocated) through our country’s population (as we clearly saw, in the early days of the epidemic, in NYC).

It is all very glib to say something like “99% of all people who get Covid-19 will survive”—not realizing that THAT is NOT GOOD ENOUGH— the devil is in the details— a 99% survival rate STILL would mean nearly 3.5 Million Americans would die from this in a couple of years time— that is ~50% more Americans dying than die from ALL OTHER CAUSES in a normal year— in other words, it would be like adding an extra year and a half of additional NORMAL deaths to our normal death toll in this country.

So you have cited faulty, incorrect data (your correct data point should be: 99.3% of all people will likely survive this virus— but with what lingering health effects, we as yet do not know)—which SEEMS (to an ignorant observer) to suggest that this virus is “no big deal”—when, in fact, it is a VERY BIG DEAL. You say that you are “a math guy”— then at least get your math correct.

The math is correct. The question was about the rate of deaths drastically going down. The question was not how many people will make it through COVID-19 without any lingering effects....

That stat will be a relief to the 225,000 that have died since April. You should let their families know. I’m sure they’ll be appreciative.

Most of those people would of likely died the next thing they caught regardless but that is something for the debate forum. I responded about the death rate of the virus and that is all I did. I did not make one comment about it so I am not sure why you are attacking me I just stated the death rate of the virus in comparison with an age group.

People die from plane crashes all the time and yet we hear over and over that it is the safest way to travel..... I don't and will not fly.......

Most of those people would of likely died the next thing they caught regardless but that is something for the debate forum. I responded about the death rate of the virus and that is all I did. I did not make one comment about it so I am not sure why you are attacking me I just stated the death rate of the virus in comparison with an age group.

People die from plane crashes all the time and yet we hear over and over that it is the safest way to travel..... I don't and will not fly.......
Where did I attack you mr sensitive?

You don’t fly because you are crazy....based on your weird da Vinci code style post from the other day.

The math is correct. The question was about the rate of deaths drastically going down. The question was not how many people will make it through COVID-19 without any lingering effects....
Nope— not correct— at least not the full story— it tends to mislead, by segregating the data by age group. I gave the correct data, for the ENTIRE population.

Where did I attack you mr sensitive?

You don’t fly because you are crazy....based on your weird da Vinci code style post from the other day.

Your statement that I should tell the families of those who had lost somebody to Covid about the survival rate.....

I see your attack is based off of a previous post. I do not know which post you are talking about from the other day.....

Not a troll. This is me, it’s who I am. Ask anyone on here. I don’t recognize your name though, so maybe you’re not familiar with how I roll.
Ted is a . True story.

Still waiting on my invite.

He is probably still mad about the upper-decker you left in his guest bathroom when you did his patio and outdoor kitchen. You will only get a call for warranty work, and you won't get in the door again after that move.

Nice to see you are still alive.

Attachments

• 09F5614D-5F24-46E5-B247-D0B667B72B99.jpeg
    09F5614D-5F24-46E5-B247-D0B667B72B99.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 19