What happens after we die?

Perception of time slows to infinity and we have what probably amounts to an extremely long DMT trip as our brain chemistry goes haywire

Or everything goes black and nothingness

Not sure which is worse

My body is being donated to a local university and I'll get a free cremation. After a year or two the cremains will be sent to the family. My mother did this, and I think it's a good way to go. The paperwork only takes about half an hour. It is, however, the family's responsibility to get the corpse to the university. I don't think they'll be allowed to throw me in the back of my pickup and haul me down there.

I don't think they'll be allowed to throw me in the back of my pickup and haul me down there.
Why not? The hospital/medical classroom building has a loading dock, don't they? :cool:

Seriously, that's messed up. You're providing an invaluable donation their students, but they're saying the family has to arrange for a private ambulance, or something that costs them $$$ ? Even Goodwill comes by to pick up your old car for donation, they don't expect you to pay for a tow.

Why not? The hospital/medical classroom building has a loading dock, don't they? :cool:

Seriously, that's messed up. You're providing an invaluable donation their students, but they're saying the family has to arrange for a private ambulance, or something that costs them $$$ ? Even Goodwill comes by to pick up your old car for donation, they don't expect you to pay for a tow.
They'll throw in a free burial and a little plaque in Spring Grove if I want to be in a mass grave. According to mortuary.com there are myriad laws governing transporting corpses across even county lines that put too much of a burden on the family. I realize that a website of the morticians, by the morticians is probably for the morticians. I'm ok with their terms. It still saves a heap.

He could weekend at Bernie his way to the Uni. Totally free.

My body is being donated to a local university and I'll get a free cremation. After a year or two the cremains will be sent to the family. My mother did this, and I think it's a good way to go. The paperwork only takes about half an hour. It is, however, the family's responsibility to get the corpse to the university. I don't think they'll be allowed to throw me in the back of my pickup and haul me down there.
True story. I knew a guy who put his mother-in-law, casket and all, in the bed of his pickup. Drove her from northern Ohio to West Virginia to have her buried. I would guess they had a ready made table if they wanted to stop and have a picnic on the way down?