What came first, the chicken or the egg?

vamp2syd

This is actually a very easy question. The egg came first. Sometime way back when a creature with a different name layed an egg. A another creature became from that egg and also had offsprings that became until the point that a creature known as a chicken came from the egg.

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
This is actually a very easy question. The egg came first. Sometime way back when a creature with a different name layed an egg. A another creature became from that egg and also had offsprings that became until the point that a creature known as a chicken came from the egg.
Haha I see what you did there! That's pretty good using evolution to try to explain it. 👍

SLS

Heard this solution several years ago.

The chicken and the egg are laying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on its face while the egg is frowning and looking slightly annoyed. The egg mutters "Well I guess that answers that riddle".

Gardens35

1. Why did the chicken cross the road?

2. I don't know.

1. To get the Plain Dealer.
Get it?

2. No.

1. Me neither, I get the Dispatch!

Aaaaannnnnnddddddddd Rimshot!

Omar

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
I want to say egg, based on a technicality. The creature that eventually evolved into a chicken started as an amoeba, then eventually grew legs and wings, evolving into some type of bird creature. And birds spawn by laying eggs, therefore, this first actual chicken had to come from an egg.

Omar

You might assume it’s wrong but I believe it is accurate. The Creator of the universe > “just happened by itself”. :cool:
Or maybe the creator caused evolution? Did you ever think that evolution could be true and that doesn’t disprove god’s existence?

Zunardo

Or maybe the creator caused evolution? Did you ever think that evolution could be true and that doesn’t disprove god’s existence?
I considered the possibility. However, I believe Bible has sufficient explanation throughout to cause the "God created evolution" hypothesis to lose validity.

Zunardo

You also believe an elderly man built an arc and housed 2 of every animal?
Assuming you are are referring to the account in Genesis of Noah, the ark, and the flood? If so:

Not sure how you define "elderly". Based on his reported ages in the Bible and doing a proportionate comparison to a 75-year average lifespan of today, that would make him a father around 40 - certainly elderly from a whippersnapper's perspective, lol. But he's only 47 by the time he's finished building, loading, and locking the ark. Not a Florida shuffleboard candidate just yet - he's got a lot more work to do after the flood.

Do I believe he put two of every animal "after its kind" in there? Yes, at least that many. But he actually put in more - 7 pairs of clean animals, 2 pairs of unclean animals, and 7 pairs of birds.

Last edited:

Omar

Assuming you are are referring to the account in Genesis of Noah, the ark, and the flood? If so:

Not sure how you define "elderly". Based on his reported ages in the Bible and doing a proportionate comparison to a 75-year average lifespan of today, that would make him a father around 40 - certainly elderly from a whippersnapper's perspective, lol. But he's only 47 by the time he's finished building, loading, and locking the ark. Not a Florida shuffleboard candidate just yet - he's got a lot more work to do after the flood.

Do I believe he put two of every animal "after its kind" in there? Yes, at least that many. But he actually put in more - 7 pairs of clean animals, 2 pairs of unclean animals, and 7 pairs of birds.
47 was elderly in those times. I do believe in a god, but I also believe in science and logic. The biggest issue for me, is the selective application of both.