What came first, the chicken or the egg?

This is actually a very easy question. The egg came first. Sometime way back when a creature with a different name layed an egg. A another creature became from that egg and also had offsprings that became until the point that a creature known as a chicken came from the egg.

This is actually a very easy question. The egg came first. Sometime way back when a creature with a different name layed an egg. A another creature became from that egg and also had offsprings that became until the point that a creature known as a chicken came from the egg.
Haha I see what you did there! That's pretty good using evolution to try to explain it. ?

1. Why did the chicken cross the road?

2. I don't know.

1. To get the Plain Dealer.
Get it?

2. No.

1. Me neither, I get the Dispatch!

Aaaaannnnnnddddddddd Rimshot!

I want to say egg, based on a technicality. The creature that eventually evolved into a chicken started as an amoeba, then eventually grew legs and wings, evolving into some type of bird creature. And birds spawn by laying eggs, therefore, this first actual chicken had to come from an egg.

You might assume it’s wrong but I believe it is accurate. The Creator of the universe > “just happened by itself”. :cool:
Or maybe the creator caused evolution? Did you ever think that evolution could be true and that doesn’t disprove god’s existence?

Or maybe the creator caused evolution? Did you ever think that evolution could be true and that doesn’t disprove god’s existence?
I considered the possibility. However, I believe Bible has sufficient explanation throughout to cause the "God created evolution" hypothesis to lose validity.

You also believe an elderly man built an arc and housed 2 of every animal?
Assuming you are are referring to the account in Genesis of Noah, the ark, and the flood? If so:

Not sure how you define "elderly". Based on his reported ages in the Bible and doing a proportionate comparison to a 75-year average lifespan of today, that would make him a father around 40 - certainly elderly from a whippersnapper's perspective, lol. But he's only 47 by the time he's finished building, loading, and locking the ark. Not a Florida shuffleboard candidate just yet - he's got a lot more work to do after the flood.

Do I believe he put two of every animal "after its kind" in there? Yes, at least that many. But he actually put in more - 7 pairs of clean animals, 2 pairs of unclean animals, and 7 pairs of birds.

Last edited:
Assuming you are are referring to the account in Genesis of Noah, the ark, and the flood? If so:

Not sure how you define "elderly". Based on his reported ages in the Bible and doing a proportionate comparison to a 75-year average lifespan of today, that would make him a father around 40 - certainly elderly from a whippersnapper's perspective, lol. But he's only 47 by the time he's finished building, loading, and locking the ark. Not a Florida shuffleboard candidate just yet - he's got a lot more work to do after the flood.

Do I believe he put two of every animal "after its kind" in there? Yes, at least that many. But he actually put in more - 7 pairs of clean animals, 2 pairs of unclean animals, and 7 pairs of birds.
47 was elderly in those times. I do believe in a god, but I also believe in science and logic. The biggest issue for me, is the selective application of both.

47 was elderly in those times. I do believe in a god, but I also believe in science and logic. The biggest issue for me, is the selective application of both.
Not going to waid in very deep on a subject that requires faith over logic many times. As a literal 7 day creationist believer I have wrestled with evolution, adaptation, carbon dating etc.

For me, the more deeply I examine evolution, the more I am convinced there was a creator. Was that creation exactly as Moses described in Genesis? I don't know , but I do know 6,000 years does not work for even the history of recorded man as some civilizations in Asia date writing samples back further than that along with records of civilizations going back further. So I became a gapists. Believing their is s gap of unknown time between the creation and the fall in the garden. This gap allows for the explanation of where the wives came from for Adam's sons. Not a real popular view but I believe it is helpful in attempting to blend what seems obvious from both sides.

Oh , it was the chicken that came first.

Bacon, is what gave man the incentive to keep going with this life experiment.
Then the egg.
Then they said, hey you know that crap we dug out the dirt and ate for the last 3000 years? That might go good with this stuff.
Then the chicken and they invented chicken and waffles. God's plan.

Bacon, is what gave man the incentive to keep going with this life experiment.
Then the egg.
Then they said, hey you know that crap we dug out the dirt and ate for the last 3000 years? That might go good with this stuff.
Then the chicken and they invented chicken and waffles. God's plan.
I went to Roscoe's in 2005 and again in 2018, and I still think it's an abomination.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll give it a shot....here it goes...

I believe that the universe was created with an intelligent designer. This designer set forth the motion which created the galaxies, worlds, and anonmalies we know of today. The conditions of these worlds to support life were intelligently designed.

As the worlds became individual planets, they were subjected to selection. Throughout the selection process, some planets adapted to support life, while others did not, therefore life did not exist on these planets. The planet that most survived the selection process and adapted to support life was Earth.

Once Earth was created, the intelligent designer created a process for life to succeed on this planet. When life succeeded on this planet, life had to adapt to the many changes the infant planet would go through. As life adapted, some life did not survive, while others thrived. The life that did thrive had to go through a process of evolution in order to survive living on this planet.

Once the planet allowed for both its land and sea to support life, then life needed to make sure it could maintain its exisistence. As life progressed, many different forms of life used different methods for sustaining its exisistence. One species used an egg to maintain the life of the species. From this egg, another egg was created through this specific species method for creating the egg.

As species began to thrive in life, one species adapted closer to the intelligent designer. This species became known as an intelligent thinker. As an intelligent thinker, this species was more knowledgeable about the world around them, and sought out to learn from their intelligent designer as much as possible. Their quest to learn about this intelligent designer and the life created is unending. It is a unique characteristic this species has used to adapt in their own life.

As the life on the planet progresses, the intelligent designer gave this one species, whom had adapted the most knowledge from, a responsibility of their own. Just as the intelligent designer's responsibility is to maintain and support the universe, the intelligent thinkers of the planet have a responsibility of their own. This responsibility is to maintain the planet and the life that exists upon it.

At times, these intelligent thinkers are overwhelmed by this responsibility and seek advice from the intelligent designer. Because these intelligent thinkers exist throughout the entire world, then there will be differing opinions on how to seek this advice and what advice may be given. As a result, these intelligent thinkers are in a constant state of quarrel of how to sustain life for the chicken who laid the egg.

Is THAT how we got BIGFOOT?