What are you watching?

So I found Barry, wow what was I missing it’s a fantastic show. Moves quickly and other than a couple times where it veers off into total silliness just about everything is spot on, acting really stands out though and Bill Hader nails the lead. To me what makes a great episodic show is the memorable 2nd and 3rd tier characters, there are tons here too with my personal fave being the girl from season 2 that gives me a Laura vibe from the film Logan.

So I found Barry, wow what was I missing it’s a fantastic show. Moves quickly and other than a couple times where it veers off into total silliness just about everything is spot on, acting really stands out though and Bill Hader nails the lead. To me what makes a great episodic show is the memorable 2nd and 3rd tier characters, there are tons here too with my personal fave being the girl from season 2 that gives me a Laura vibe from the film Logan.

I’m about to finish season 2. I’ve been trying not to burn through it all too quickly.

Are you talking Taekwando girl? I just finished the supermarket episode.

Great show with great characters and actors.

I was a little disappointed with season 2 of Barry. It was just a little too out there for me.

I have started 1883 on Paramount Plus. I have not watched Yellowstone so it will be a lead in for me. So far it has been very good.

I also continue my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm. Currently in season 6.

I was a little disappointed with season 2 of Barry. It was just a little too out there for me.

I have started 1883 on Paramount Plus. I have not watched Yellowstone so it will be a lead in for me. So far it has been very good.

I also continue my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm. Currently in season 6.

I can't decide if watching Yellowstone first would help your enjoyment of 1883 (it's certainly not required) or it doesn't really matter. I lean not. Someone else probably has a better thought on that than me.

I can't decide if watching Yellowstone first would help your enjoyment of 1883 (it's certainly not required) or it doesn't really matter. I lean not. Someone else probably has a better thought on that than me.

Yellowstone. So the watcher can understand why they're trying so hard to create a Beth in 1883.

Watched Bikes of Wrath and Colidle Hotel (sic) on Prime (I think). Bikes was about 5 Australian lads who retraced the route from Grapes of Wrath (pretty good) and the Hotel show was about 2 Finnish girls who were backpacking through Australia, lost their credit cards and worked at a bar in the middle of podunk Australia to make some cash. It was a documentary and actually pretty interesting.

Finished The Offer and loved it. If you are a Godfather fan you'll like this miniseries. I don't know how much of the story is true but it sure is entertaining.

They get an A+ for nailing Coppola, Pacino, Puzo, Bob Evans and Marlon Brando. Not so good with Sinatra & Jimmy Caan.

The guy that steals the show is Burn Gorman the actor that plays Charlie the Gulf & Western CEO (parent company of Paramount). He's a hoot. Also Colin Hanks does a great job in the role as corporate bean counter.

I have very much enjoyed 1883 so far. I think it is one of the better shows I have watched recently.

Partridge Family episode where Keith wants to make an artistic film out of home movies, "helped" by Danny. After seeing Laurie Partridge in a scene walking like an Egyptian, their agent says, "There goes our GP rating!"

I gave an evil Boomer chuckle after hearing that.

Finished up 1883. I seemed to enjoy it less as it went on. It was good and I enjoyed it overall but it was occasionally over the top and felt like they were trying too hard to make a Western epic rather than let a believable story develop. Sam Elliott is very good and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were better than expected. Isabel May who plays plays Elsa, the protagonist in the story from whose perspective the story is told, also does a nice job. With her looks and talent, we're likely to see more of her.

Finished up Stranger Things. It was exciting but they kind of jumped the shark IMO with the homicidal government agents and Hawkins "earthquake". I definitely think the series has run it's course.

CMA Fest last night.

Good show, as always. Many sang their hits, some with their new songs that were a bit newer when it was recorded.
All in all, some good ole fashioned family entertainment. No hacks lip syncing to their wet a---p.

Please, stop pushing breland onto us. Beeers on me song.....great first two verses and then he comes on.....buzz kill. Forget what song he was added into last night but man, it just is a flop. Go into a diff lane, pop or rb but man, you aint country!

CMA Fest last night.

Good show, as always. Many sang their hits, some with their new songs that were a bit newer when it was recorded.
All in all, some good ole fashioned family entertainment. No hacks lip syncing to their wet a---p.

Please, stop pushing breland onto us. Beeers on me song.....great first two verses and then he comes on.....buzz kill. Forget what song he was added into last night but man, it just is a flop. Go into a diff lane, pop or rb but man, you aint country!
I watched a little of this, it was ok but wish the extended sets were available to view somewhere and not just a hit or two per act. Zac Brown Band played a hot version of Stubborn Pride w/ Marcus King, they should have shown that instead of the Chicken Fried duet with Darius Rucker.

Not to be stereotyping but man some of those chubby Country Gals should find different clothing to wear, mixing in a salad at dinner wouldn't hurt either. Elle King looked like a blimp in that skin tight electric blue outfit, she introduced ZBB while she was holding a a bucket of fried chicken and looking like she was going to eat the entire thing on her own. Also a neck tat never looks good.

Last edited:
I watched a little of this, it was ok but wish the extended sets were available to view somewhere and not just a hit or two per act. Zac Brown Band played a hot version of Stubborn Pride w/ Marcus King, they should have shown that instead of the Chicken Fried duet with Darius Rucker.

Not to be stereotyping but man some of those chubby Country Gals should find different clothing to wear, mixing in a salad at dinner wouldn't hurt either. Elle King looked like a blimp in that skin tight electric blue outfit, she introduced ZBB while she was holding a a bucket of fried chicken and looking like she was going to eat the entire thing on her own. Also a neck tat never looks good.
Yeah, ya would think in the era of online they would offer more online. Chicken Fried is their biggie, that is what is gonna get the bill on TV as thats what the majority want to hear!
Elle....yeah, she is a big girl. I always laugh her video with Miranda on Drunk and dont wanna go home song. If ya hadnt seen it, they dress alike at times in the video and I joke one is Filtered (Miranda) and Unfiltered (Elle)!

I didnt see alot of big gals in the crowd. If the performer wasnt hot I was more listening than watching, but when I did watch I thought they showed alot of hot country girls!