What are you watching?

Anyone watching Ghosts? We started a couple weeks ago and it is hilarious. Very well written and a great concept. Like many of the best network shows, it is an American version of a British show. My two favorite characters are Captain Isaac Higgintoot, the gay Revolutionary War officer, who does not seem to understand his situation as being Gay hadn't really been invented yet and Thorfinn, the oldest ghost for whom everything can be resolved with a good pounding, except of course, his anguish over his favorite TV show which is a naked version of The Bachelor.
Hilarious. Right from the get go. I enjoy Thorfinn as well. I like how they are unfolding everybody's story one per episode. I had not even thought about 30 minute shows in years, but it is a perfect way to settle in for the night. Sad it will go on hiatus soon.

Anyone watching Ghosts? We started a couple weeks ago and it is hilarious. Very well written and a great concept. Like many of the best network shows, it is an American version of a British show. My two favorite characters are Captain Isaac Higgintoot, the gay Revolutionary War officer, who does not seem to understand his situation as being Gay hadn't really been invented yet and Thorfinn, the oldest ghost for whom everything can be resolved with a good pounding, except of course, his anguish over his favorite TV show which is a naked version of The Bachelor.

I've started it now. Two episodes, I'm sold. Took me a bit to recognize the lead is from another series I enjoyed IZombie.

I've started it now. Two episodes, I'm sold. Took me a bit to recognize the lead is from another series I enjoyed IZombie.

she’s carving out a nice tv career. She was also in Once Upon a Time and I just read today she’s a former Power Ranger.

I think I only made it to early season 3 of IZombie.

Narcos: Mexico on Netflix. I'm towards the end of season two. It's been quite a fun ride, although I'm a bit disappointed the tunnels across the border (so far) have only been in a couple episodes.

Something I won’t be watching, this hunk of s**t. Maybe this is a way for Rogen & Silverman to make Christmas so unappealing ppl would consider converting to Judaism? IDK, but holy Christ, this is terrible.

YouTube got rid of the dislike button right after this and also disabled the comments. Not surprised. It just sucks bc Rogen used to be in funny movies, now he’s a woke loser. As far as Silverman, “who’s funnier than her? Nobody… except dudes.”

Hawkeye on Disney+

More traditional Marvel fare up to this point of the series and not as existential like recent shows with all the time and universe type travel. Not bad and waiting for the introduction of an internal struggle with Black Widow's sister showing up to get it on with Kirk Barton.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles 3.5 stars AMC My favorite holiday flick.

Last night for the first time (!) NP Christmas Vacation 2.5 stars. About right, imvho.

Hawkeye on Disney+

More traditional Marvel fare up to this point of the series and not as existential like recent shows with all the time and universe type travel. Not bad and waiting for the introduction of an internal struggle with Black Widow's sister showing up to get it on with Kirk Barton.

I like it. Really didn't think I would. Light hearted when light hearted is really welcome. I figured the young arrow would be a bore. I was wrong. Really good chemistry with Barton. It's been fun.

I like it. Really didn't think I would. Light hearted when light hearted is really welcome. I figured the young arrow would be a bore. I was wrong. Really good chemistry with Barton. It's been fun.

It’s Marvel’s version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

IMO.

Last edited:
Dan Patrick radio show on Peacock TV...I also listen when I'm in the office...fun show with a nice mix of sports and pop culture.

On TCM - 8 Tarzan films

Tarzan film series with Johnny Weissmuller / Maureen O'Sullivan / Cheeta the chimp
the series is from the 1930s

Weissmuller won 5 gold medals in swimming across 2 Olympic games
(1924 Paris & 1928 Amsterdam)

:>---

SALT

On TCM - 8 Tarzan films

Tarzan film series with Johnny Weissmuller / Maureen O'Sullivan / Cheeta the chimp
the series is from the 1930s

Weissmuller won 5 gold medals in swimming across 2 Olympic games
(1924 Paris & 1928 Amsterdam)

:>---

SALT
Yes, but is he a Marine from Canton? :)

I think one of these Tarzan films was the first movie I saw with friends. No, it was not in the 30's!

Finished Travelers and very much liked it.
Latest episodes of
Ghosts (Thank you board!)
Yellowstone (just kind of keeping my investment, not particularly enjoying it).

Still need to catch up on Hawkeye, which I've been enjoying.