What are you watching?

World Wars (History). Caught the tail end of WWI and now watching WWII. Hope to circle back around to WWI. Vestige of the old History channel.

Too much Ancient Aliens, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, The Curse of Oak Island, Ice Road Truckers, etc. and not nearly enough history. Pretty soon they'll be showing Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Family Feud.

Too much Ancient Aliens, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, The Curse of Oak Island, Ice Road Truckers, etc. and not nearly enough history. Pretty soon they'll be showing Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Family Feud.
Channel surfing some days ago I caught the tail-end of the story of Kellogg and Post (both men and cereal companies) on the HC. Hope I can catch the whole, fascinating story. Ruthless yet innovative times.

Ohio State vs Miami 2003 national championship game. Krenzel just scored to tie the game just before the half.

Just finished watching The Night Manager on Prime. 6 episode British series from 2016 starring Hugh Lawrie, Tom Hiddleston and Olivia Coleman. Outstanding.

My college aged kids are trying to get me to watch the Masked Singer and do their drinking game. I'm down w/ TV Show drinking games but not mid-week while working during the day to keep a Company afloat.

My college aged kids are trying to get me to watch the Masked Singer and do their drinking game. I'm down w/ TV Show drinking games but not mid-week while working during the day to keep a Company afloat.
Is the jist of it that you take a drink whenever you want to kill yourself for watching something so awful?

Channel surfing some days ago I caught the tail-end of the story of Kellogg and Post (both men and cereal companies) on the HC. Hope I can catch the whole, fascinating story. Ruthless yet innovative times.
Saw that very interesting. Even learned a few things.

That must have been a part of the companies that made America series on History Channel. I also saw parts of it about Birdseye, Ford and Hershey. really good stuff. Post's daughter was way ahead of her time too and built an impressive empire.

That must have been a part of the companies that made America series on History Channel. I also saw parts of it about Birdseye, Ford and Hershey. really good stuff. Post's daughter was way ahead of her time too and built an impressive empire.
I'll have to watch for that now that I understand how to use the tv menu. Amazing what one can do when one makes the effort! :p

Not too many months ago, I saw the one about the steel magnates (Carnegie, etc.). Ambitious and competitive guys. Seem to recall a similar one about the advent of electricity. (Edison, etc.) Good stuff.

Post is my grandmother's maiden name and my grandfather's (and my) last name is that of another very well known company. Where's mine ($)? ?

Seinfeld.... S6E8 George buys "Jon" Voight's car.... ????
I have that block of Seinfeld on in the background every morning while I work. Then I immediately change channels when Friends comes on. I don’t get the popularity of that show, it’s so cringey how hard they try to be funny.

I have that block of Seinfeld on in the background every morning while I work. Then I immediately change channels when Friends comes on. I don’t get the popularity of that show, it’s so cringey how hard they try to be funny.

Larry David is the funniest man alive.

Recommended viewing...

How to Murder Your Wife (1965) Jack Lemmon ~ Virna Lisi

Wiki...
Stanley Ford (Jack Lemmon) is a newspaper cartoonist enjoying the comforts of a well-to-do and happy bachelorhood in his urban New York City town house, including his loyal and attentive valet, Charles Firbank (Terry-Thomas). Stanley's comic strip, Bash Brannigan, is a secret-agent thriller characterized by a high level of realism; no matter how outrageous the plot, Stanley will not allow Brannigan to do anything physically impossible or use gadgets that don't exist. He hires actors and sets up elaborate enactments of storylines, playing Brannigan himself, while Charles takes photographs that Stanley will use as visual references when drawing each strip. ...

Maybe the best bachelor pad ever ....

The caper...

The set up...Alphadexabenzatherapodaxalamine

The trial...

NETFLIX...

:>---

SALT

Recommended viewing...

How to Murder Your Wife (1965) Jack Lemmon ~ Virna Lisi

Wiki...

Maybe the best bachelor pad ever ....

The caper...

The set up...Alphadexabenzatherapodaxalamine

The trial...

NETFLIX...

:>---

SALT
So, an educational show?

I am sort of proud of myself....with working from home the last couple of weeks I havent turned the TV on before 5pm each day.
Radio...all day long, but no tv, nothing on anyways.

Watching the Monkees episode on MeTV where they sing "Sleepy Jean". Pretty cool.

Before that, it was Gilligan's Island where Gilligan rescues Mrs. Howell, she and her husband adopt him, and he has the bad dream where he says "I don't want to be King! I don't want to be King!" before waking up. Man, I remember watching the initial broadcast of that episode when I was in first grade, and I was so sad for Gilligan. :)

The country music thing on CBS is pretty good. Imagine many music genres wouldn't be able to pull this off like this. Garth Brooks.live show from 10-11 as well

Finished up Unorthodox on Netflix last night. 4 part mini-series about a young Jewish woman who escapes her Hasidic Jewish in Brooklyn to flee to Berlin, Germany. Very well done. Wish it was more than 4 episodes.