What are you watching?

Insanity. Anyway, for those who forget, The Wire had the same intro every season covered by difft artists. All except S2 are good, but I really think S4 is head & shoulders better than all others. It captures the mood of the season the best.

The Wire's opening was better than the show. That's the one they just got some kids to do isn't it? I agree, very listenable.

I agree that the season 4 intro to the Wire is probably the best of the 5. Interesting that season 2 was called out as the weakest, that was the original version done by Tom Waits>

Opening better than the show? I don't know about that, many consider it one of the best TV show ever.

The Wire's opening was better than the show. That's the one they just got some kids to do isn't it? I agree, very listenable.
Blasphemy. And I believe that’s correct, the group was actually some random Baltimore teens.

I agree that the season 4 intro to the Wire is probably the best of the 5. Interesting that season 2 was called out as the weakest, that was the original version done by Tom Waits>

Opening better than the show? I don't know about that, many consider it one of the best TV show ever.

It just doesn’t fit with the smooth transition in bw shots in the opening credits. I’d rate the openings as follows:

The Wire also had a strong end of the season montage. Favorite there was season 3>

All time favorite was Sopranos Season 2>

The Wire also had a strong end of the season montage. Favorite there was season 3>

All time favorite was Sopranos Season 2>
Even though I wasn’t a big fan of the final season, I really like the finale’s montage. It sums up the circular nature of everything perfectly.

I do know about that because it's one of those opinion things. ;)

I did make it all the way through The Wire, though the last seasons were a trudge. Made 3.5 seasons of Sopranos before I gave up thinking it would get interesting. Didn't make a full season of Breaking Bad, Mad Men or Walking Dead. Lost, The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock got one episode each. Loved Justified. Deadwood I liked a lot. Westwing, Band of Brothers I've rewatched a few times.

If there's a pattern, I'm not sure what it is but I don't tend to fall in love with what many consider best tv.

I do know about that because it's one of those opinion things. ;)

I did make it all the way through The Wire, though the last seasons were a trudge. Made 3.5 seasons of Sopranos before I gave up thinking it would get interesting. Didn't make a full season of Breaking Bad, Mad Men or Walking Dead. Lost, The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock got one episode each. Loved Justified. Deadwood I liked a lot. Westwing, Band of Brothers I've rewatched a few times.

If there's a pattern, I'm not sure what it is but I don't tend to fall in love with what many consider best tv.

Give Boardwalk Empire a shot. For a short termer, look up The Night Manager.

I've continued on through Life in Pieces. Like many shows that start off good, it seems like the writers are running out of storylines and we
are starting to get into Modern Family like silly slapstick filler stuff.

Game 7 1975 WS. Everyone forgets, the Reds we’re down 3-0 in the 6th, and if not for Pete Rose breaking up a dbl play with a hard slide into 2nd, they probably lose. Perez hit a 2R HR the next at bat when the inning should’ve ended.

Give Boardwalk Empire a shot. For a short termer, look up The Night Manager.

Halfway through first ep of TNM. The plot, at least the set-up is standard fare but the international setting is to my interest and the acting, they certainly didn't skimp there. I think I'm going to enjoy this, thanks!

Halfway through first ep of TNM. The plot, at least the set-up is standard fare but the international setting is to my interest and the acting, they certainly didn't skimp there. I think I'm going to enjoy this, thanks!

It just keeps developing. It was a good find.

It just keeps developing. It was a good find.

Finished ep 1. Quite a change of scenery. Still pretty tropish but there was one criticism I had thown back in my face, I like when that happens. I'd noted he was way more familiar with guests for a formal hotel then I'd experienced or imagined; putting his hands on guests, awkward questions and posture. Then they had that scene where he was smoking and the guest commented how most would have put it out when they saw a customer. That told me the over familiarity is part of the character, not poor writing. On to ep 2.

Last edited:
I'll throw in my yearly plug for The Expanse. IMO this is the best science fiction series on TV. It's over at Amazon Prime so you can binge watch all 4 seasons. One warning is that it starts slowly so try to stick with it through the first 4 episodes of season 1. If you make it you won't be sorry.

I had a feeling you were referring to the narrator. Most excellent.

I love the pauses between commentary to allow the animals to do their thing unfettered.

Replay of quarter final champions league match, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Bayern 4 - 1 halalftime.
8 - 2 final. Dominating.performance.

Last edited: