Week 9: Austintown Fitch (7-1) vs Boardman (4-4)

FootballQueen

A win against the Falcons will let Boardman sneak back into the playoffs. Falcons better be ready and not be flat after their win against Wadsworth. Thoughts on this one guys?

Dover scored on every possession they had last night against Boardman and only threw the ball twice. Fitch should be handle this one easily.

This is a rivalry game, so anything can happen. Boardman has overperformed this year. Injuries are starting to mount for the Falcons again. James does not look like he'll be back anytime soon. I just hope he's not done for the year. Him going down means that we also lose a top defensive player because he played defense too. Dahn was pretty hobbled also at the end of the game, and Stankorb is out too. We do have pretty good depth, but they brought a freshman up to replace Stankorb, so that tells us where the depth is. That being said, I like that Freshman. He was getting really good push against Strongsville, and against Wadsworth as well. He will be something after they get him in the weight room for a year or two.

Good luck Falcons! Need to put this one away early.
Agreed. We need to blow out the next two if possible, so these guys can rest. I wanted them to maybe sit Robinson and only use him if needed because he is still not 100 percent, but with Dahn getting hurt, he will not be able to sit out. The injuries we got in this past game are going to have a big impact on this game.

Prediction Falcons 49 (or 42 if they pull the starters really early) Spartans 0 (or 7 Boardman finally scores in garbage time at the end of the 4th quarter)

I'm not sure Boardman has overperformed or if teams like Benny just were way worse than what we expected.

It's kind of sad that Boardman always used to play a great schedule but that really isn't the case anymore, especially with the Ursuline stuff. Very soft.

That being said, I think the discipline is better this year. And the 7th graders just had an undefeated season so maybe things will look up in a few season. I think Dota is probably a better fit than Antram. Last week against Warren stung.

The Dover game they just couldn't stop them (at all) but weren't out of the game until getting stuffed on that 4th down.

Hard to fathom how Boardman does not have a more competent quarterback. It's almost as if they can't develop QBs. Who was the last Boardman QB that grew up in the system that was actually a success? We'd be going back over a decade to Rob Boyd probably. The Ryan brothers were variable degrees of serviceable. Triveri would have been good most likley and showed flashes of it in 2020 but went the baseball route. which really hurt last year's team.

I still think more good than bad. After the Jackson game was thinking 3 wins so we will end up with 1 more than expected.

Fully expect a running clock this week. You have to credit Fitch though for totally taking their program in a different direction than Boardman in terms of this rivalry since about 1988 or so. Some very good Boardman teams clipped by Fitch since then. And not a lot of great Fitch teams upset by Boardman since then...

I expect Boardman to come out scrapping and stay in this game. If they do, then Spartans fans know they have the right coach. Win 1 of the last 2 games and you get in the playoffs. I think they will play like it. Falcons may be banged up a bit, but should have enough weapons to get the W, but that's why you play the games.

Prediction Falcons 49 (or 42 if they pull the starters really early) Spartans 0 (or 7 Boardman finally scores in garbage time at the end of the 4th quarter)
This is STILL a rivalry game. It will be a lot closer than that. I see a 35-14 type of game with Fitch in a 17-7 type first half. Just my take on the game. I also see Fitch getting the younger guys some needed reps, because I couple will need to step up come playoff games. I doubt James or Dahn or even Robinson- TJ will keep them out either because he has to or to play it conservative and give them time to heal up a bit. I don’t know the status of James or Dahn, but Robinson was hobbling for four quarters and four overtimes, no need to compromise him at this time.

Looking at the schedule I think from Boardman‘s perspective it’s gone like one would think. Have beat who you’d think they’d beat and lost to who they‘d think, could have beaten WGH but probably didn’t plan on it coming into the season. Playing a pretty good schedule, have a shot at 5-5 but likely end up 4-6

WOW .... Glass houses glass houses
Not sure what your drinking or smoking. I've been a Yaapi member from a couple years past the launch of the site. I've always supported the Falcons win or lose. Winning season or not. So to be clear, know what your talking about. Cuz your way off base on this one. To quote a line from a movie..."check yourself Loretta, before you wreck yourself"