Saturday:
Seton at Mason
CCD at Madeira
SUA at Summit
Alter at Indian Hill
Milford at Oak Hills
Lakota West at Loveland
Lakota East at Walsh Jesuit

Waynesville 4 / Mariemont 1 - Traveled down the hill to watch the warriors take on Waynesville. Don't get a chance to see the good small rural schools like Waynesville much. Their starting 11 is exceptional. I'd say they are as good or better than anyone I've watched the last couple years. But I don't believe I have ever seen a team drop as much from subs as they do. My opinion they can't win D2 state and won't even make it out of the district if they sub, and they sub a lot. The only player that didn't come out was the keeper. I have not seen a school swap all their starting defense out before especially one as good as theirs. It was very strange. They didn't have a single bench player that can actually compete, even against the Warriors bench and it is very suspect on it's own. It was like watching two different games. Haney is a talented coach and did a great job attacking their subs after the break and keeping the warriors in it. He clearly recognized he would have chances, and they created many of them just only able to finish one. Erbach was fun to watch, she was man marked and doubled but still managed to get 2 and she plays some incredible balls in. I thought she was a forward but she was playing midfield. They had another girl #20 that was super smooth and confident on the ball. Tritsch was dangerous for the Warriors all game.

The Braves take on undefeated D2 Taylor tomorrow, I'm hoping they can stay on track and get the win, and maybe put the Hill back on the state rankings. They received votes this week but just outside the top 15.

Some good games tonight:

Ill take a stab at them.
Tuesday:
Mason at Oak Hills 1-0
West Clermont
at Lebanon = 1-0
Anderson at Turpin = 1-1 Draw

Waynesville 4 / Mariemont 1 - Traveled down the hill to watch the warriors take on Waynesville. Don't get a chance to see the good small rural schools like Waynesville much. Their starting 11 is exceptional. I'd say they are as good or better than anyone I've watched the last couple years. But I don't believe I have ever seen a team drop as much from subs as they do. My opinion they can't win D2 state and won't even make it out of the district if they sub, and they sub a lot. The only player that didn't come out was the keeper. I have not seen a school swap all their starting defense out before especially one as good as theirs. It was very strange. They didn't have a single bench player that can actually compete, even against the Warriors bench and it is very suspect on it's own. It was like watching two different games. Haney is a talented coach and did a great job attacking their subs after the break and keeping the warriors in it. He clearly recognized he would have chances, and they created many of them just only able to finish one.
Ouch, lol, that was harsh.

Well we do sub a lot. But not in every game. Against Monroe who is a very good team, the starters played way more. Our coach doesn't like to run up scores, she likes all girls to be involved when they can be. Well yesterday just got more interesting than necessary.

I mentioned in a previous post we had to cut girls for the first time ever at Waynesville and both rosters, the JV and varsity are maxed at 22. Most of our games this year we have had subs and/or JV play the bulk of the 2nd half varsity games, and any starter had restrictions placed on them. No breakaways, left foot only shooting, must be a cross etc... I'm not a fan of that either because I think it kills the drive to dominate and anytime you play different, you risk injury, but that's just my opinion.

I think we'll be fine. The Monroe game was more how we will likely play the better teams and in the playoffs. Our starters when all in on defense have not given up a goal all year and very few shots. Most are returners (3 of the 5 including the holding mid) that gave up no goals during the playoffs from last year's championship run who are back and I believe our starting defense is better than last year. D2 brings new challenges and some really talented local teams plus a few great ones up North. Time will tell on what this year's playoff run will look like. Mariemont was playing very hard and never gave up. Going down 1-0 in the first 30 seconds is tough and 3-0 25 minutes into the game most would have. They did not, speaks to the girls and coaches on Mariemont. Hats off to them. That's the third time we've played them in less than 12 months. Great program, I wish them luck this year.

My pics for tonight.
Oak Hills 2-0
West Clermont 3-0 (Lebanon has an injury I think will hurt them)
Anderson and Turpin will be a UFC fight, No clue on score just hope nobody gets hurt, and they have a good team of refs.

Well I was way off.

Lebanon 1
West Clermont 1
WC tied it up with 5 minutes left.

Anderson 2
Turpin 0

Oak Hills 0
Mason 0

Wednesday's best games!

SUA at Seton (I think this could be a high scoring affair. 3-3 maybe?)
Taylor at Indian Hill (Draw 1-1)
Beavercreek at Centerville (Cville 2-0)

If I pick Seton or SUA I'll be a private school hater I guess so I'll ignore that one ;)

Braves 2 / Taylor 1
Creek 0 / Centerville 2

CHL has an interesting matchup with Reading and Madeira. Whomever loses is out of the league title same goes for the Braves if they lose at Shawnee Field tonight. The CHL winner has never in history had more than 1 league loss.

Reading 0 / Madeira 3

Last edited:
Went to Beavercreek/Centerville. Always a great match between these two! Centerville's offense took control early with impressive chemistry between the F and MF positions, as Creek struggled to contain. Conner absolutely dominated and scored the first goal inside the box 8 minutes in. Creek then settled in and ended the half strong.

2nd half play was pretty even overall, with a slight edge to Creek for dialing up the pressure and taking more control of the midfield. The equalizer came on a direct kick from 25 out with 30 min remaining. Very impressed with both teams' ability to move the ball and counter. With the way Creek has played the two top-ranked teams in the state, it makes Boro's 3-0 win over Creek even more impressive.

Last edited:
If I pick Seton or SUA I'll be a private school hater I guess so I'll ignore that one ;)

Braves 2 / Taylor 1
Creek 0 / Centerville 2

CHL has an interesting matchup with Reading and Madeira. Whomever loses is out of the league title same goes for the Braves if they lose at Shawnee Field tonight. The CHL winner has never in history had more than 1 league loss.

Reading 0 / Madeira 3
The CHL has also never had this level of parity. 6 teams with legitimate chances to knock each other off.

What happened with OS from Reading??

Thursday:
Waynesville at Oakwood
- Waynesville 4-0

Mason at Lakota West
- Mason 1-0
Kings at West Clermont
- West Clermont 2-0

Alter 2 / Indian Hill 0 - I missed the home game vs. Taylor, but caught this one. The Braves are in trouble. We have never lost to Reading or Deer Park and I fear this could be the year.

Some big games this week!

Monday:
MND at Seton

Tuesday:
Mason at Oak Hills
West Clermont at Lebanon
Anderson at Turpin

Wednesday:
SUA at Seton
Taylor at Indian Hill
Beavercreek at Centerville

Thursday:
Waynesville at Oakwood
Mason at Lakota West
Kings at West Clermont

Saturday:
Seton at Mason
CCD at Madeira
SUA at Summit
Alter at Indian Hill
Milford at Oak Hills
Lakota West at Loveland
Lakota East at Walsh Jesuit
Milford 4
Oak Hills 0

Milford is just so good, I'm not real familiar with Oak Hills but 4-0 seems like an impressive score against them. A high caliber Ohio Elite ECNL forward in Manning, 3 high caliber Ohio Elite ECNL midfielders in Cook, Smith and Scanlon. I think Scanlon is just an absolute game changer. Stats aside she is just flat a baller. Those girls are all very talented. Manning, Scanlon and Smith all play together on the same team in the same roles and have great chemistry, Manning is super creative and knows how to finish, Cook is fast, and Smith always plays so consistently well. You can't focus on just one player because they all have great skill, awesome off the ball movement and solid speed. Nobody is unbeatable but Milford is a tough draw this year for anyone. I know I would not want us to play them, that's for sure.

If the state poll voters are actually paying attention, and they are usually not at this point in the year, they should have them at #1. We'll see. But in my opinion, they unquestionably deserve it. Next Saturday they play a great defense in MND for their 3rd game in a week. Hopefully we can make it. So many of Sam's club teammates and friends on both great teams.