Week 5: The Evil Empire

ReLoad

Bombers host the Evil Empire this Friday night.

Running Clock
X names the score
Jedi backups get ready
8th Bomber victory over the hapless Crusaders in the last 9 meetings

Next

Bombers host the Evil Empire this Friday night.

Running Clock
X names the score
Jedi backups get ready
8th Bomber victory over the hapless Crusaders in the last 9 meetings

Next
Just for this week, I changed my avatar for Mr. ReLoad.
Now—I’m waiting for all his stats, injury report and scouting report for this game. Let’s go, it’s Monday.
GBM!

Waiting for Bird Dog to respond so he and Reload can battle.
At the request of ReJect and L Hand, birdog (that would be me) is going to refrain from any negative response to the idiotic prediction of a running clock by either team. Suffice to say that Moeller is very talented and for the first time in a few years, they appear to be headed toward a convincing win (sometimes referred to as a beatdown) at RDI stadium on Ballaban field. GBM :)

At the request of ReJect and L Hand, birdog (that would be me) is going to refrain from any negative response to the idiotic prediction of a running clock by either team. Suffice to say that Moeller is very talented and for the first time in a few years, they appear to be headed toward a convincing win (sometimes referred to as a beatdown) at RDI stadium on Ballaban field. GBM :)
Ooops. Spoke too soon.

So after this convincing win your dreaming about you're not going to get on this thread and tell me to ?^$%(#*$&$ off?

Ooops. Spoke too soon.

So after this convincing win your dreaming about you're not going to get on this thread and tell me to ?^$%(#*$&$ off?
That is correct. I will respect the fact that this is your forum and if I want to gloat I will do so on the Football Forum. GBM
Looking forward to your game breakdown and scouting report. :)

That is correct. I will respect the fact that this is your forum and if I want to gloat I will do so on the Football Forum. GBM
There is no thread on the Football Forum upon which you can gloat. I'll start it for you since it's complicated.

Looking forward to your game breakdown and scouting report. :)
It's painful for me to watch Moeller more than the once a year beat down administered by the long blue line so help me out

Moeller Offense
1. Is your QB named Ragland or related to Ragland? If so I may be concerned.
If not, has your cupcake schedule prepared him (or her) for the pressure the Bomber front 6 will bring?
2. When Specht's defensive game plan completely shuts down #24 is there anyone that can move the ball?
3. Does your offensive line really only average 215lbs?
If so, what happened to the sloppy 300lber's I'm use to seeing?

Moeller Defense
1. Have they learned how to properly tackle without having a yellow flag hit the turf?
2. Will they be bringing the unsportsmanlike conduct as demonstrated in the GC game?

Moeller Band
1. Is there more than 3 members in the band this year?
2. If there is a band, will they be making the trip all the way from Blue Ash?

Moeller Fan Base
1. Should we expect your fans and the Moeller coaching staff to get into a halftime shouting match? (Man I hope so that was so much fun)
2. Will someone be bringing the Fire Truck? If so will it be Wheelman? If not will the new guy let me sit in it and sound the siren?

Assuming Reload is full of sarcasm.

Moeller's performance up to this point has been fairly impressive with wins over three really good teams. #24 might be the best player in the State. It would be funny if we could get to see another Coach/Parent confrontation again. I think Coach Elder still needs some polishing but he has certainly made some significant improvements to the program and have to give him credit for getting the Moeller ship headed in the right direction. Moeller just might be a Football School again and not just known as a school with a Principal/Head Basketball Coach calling all the shots.

The Freshman Blue Team (3-0) will get the destruction of the Evil Empire underway this Wednesday night at 6pm on Montgomery Road.
If it's too scary to step foot on Empire property, watch Vollmer and company do their thing on ESPX

GO BOMBERS!

There is no thread on the Football Forum upon which you can gloat. I'll start it for you since it's complicated.

It's painful for me to watch Moeller more than the once a year beat down administered by the long blue line so help me out

Moeller Offense
1. Is your QB named Ragland or related to Ragland? If so I may be concerned.
If not, has your cupcake schedule prepared him (or her) for the pressure the Bomber front 6 will bring?
2. When Specht's defensive game plan completely shuts down #24 is there anyone that can move the ball?
3. Does your offensive line really only average 215lbs?
If so, what happened to the sloppy 300lber's I'm use to seeing?

Moeller Defense
1. Have they learned how to properly tackle without having a yellow flag hit the turf?
2. Will they be bringing the unsportsmanlike conduct as demonstrated in the GC game?

Moeller Band
1. Is there more than 3 members in the band this year?
2. If there is a band, will they be making the trip all the way from Blue Ash?

Moeller Fan Base
1. Should we expect your fans and the Moeller coaching staff to get into a halftime shouting match? (Man I hope so that was so much fun)
2. Will someone be bringing the Fire Truck? If so will it be Wheelman? If not will the new guy let me sit in it and sound the siren?

Attachments

• Good Moe!.jpg
    Good Moe!.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 81
Assuming Reload is full of sarcasm.

Moeller's performance up to this point has been fairly impressive with wins over three really good teams. #24 might be the best player in the State. It would be funny if we could get to see another Coach/Parent confrontation again. I think Coach Elder still needs some polishing but he has certainly made some significant improvements to the program and have to give him credit for getting the Moeller ship headed in the right direction. Moeller just might be a Football School again and not just known as a school with a Principal/Head Basketball Coach calling all the shots.
Mr. Reload is definitely full of something. 😉

#24 is a phenomenal talent on the field. It has been entertaining as a fan/alum to watch him play. However, as a parent, it is awesome to see how he acts off the field as well.

I think Coach Elder has navigated HS coaching just fine. While he’s not been perfect, I think the adjustments coming from college are there. The school is lucky to have him. Think about where the program was his first season, and now—not too shabby.

The talent leans towards Moe in this matchup. We will see if that means anything on Friday.

The Freshman Blue Team (3-0) will get the destruction of the Evil Empire underway this Wednesday night at 6pm on Montgomery Road.
If it's too scary to step foot on Empire property, watch Vollmer and company do their thing on ESPX

GO BOMBERS!
While I think frosh and JV records are meaningless, I have been hearing a lot about how good both teams are this season.

Two common opponents:
vs LW ( St X won 26-12, Moe won 14-0)
vs Trinity (St X won 34-14, Moe won 26-14)

Perhaps this is worth watching in person.

I'm actually happy to see Moe coming back as a football program, the more GCL teams in power helps insure proper order in SW Ohio football. I also love to see the fans of public schools throw their fits.

As far as the game, I think Moeller has the speed advantage on offense, but that was the case last year too. The stud RB gives a dynamic to their offense that wasn't there in the regular season last year. That game was close for a while before made some adjustments on defense helped neutralize the Moe speed. X is really going to have to rely on scheme and getting upfield.

I have no idea where Moe is on defense. They were not good in scheme or talent last year. The X offense does not have what they've had the past two years yet, so not sure if this will matter as much. I think the best chance for the Bombers will be to score early,, then try to run clock. With the running game of both teams, this could be a fast mover.

While I think frosh and JV records are meaningless, I have been hearing a lot about how good both teams are this season.

Two common opponents:
vs LW ( St X won 26-12, Moe won 14-0)
vs Trinity (St X won 34-14, Moe won 26-14)

Perhaps this is worth watching in person.
Drive to the dark side?
No thanks.
I'll watch this one on ESPX from the comfort of my parents basement clutching my rosary beads

Freshmen take care of business 14-6 BOMBERS!
Yes. 😕 I don’t think it was as close as the score either.

I have not seen Herbstreit’s kid yet—that will be this Saturday (I assume). But, I believe that frosh QB at X could be hot on his tail for the starting gig next year.

On the other hand, I have seen very little in the way of QB potential in Moe’s frosh or soph class at this point. 🤔

Yes. 😕 I don’t think it was as close as the score either.

I have not seen Herbstreit’s kid yet—that will be this Saturday (I assume). But, I believe that frosh QB at X could be hot on his tail for the starting gig next year.

On the other hand, I have seen very little in the way of QB potential in Moe’s frosh or soph class at this point. 🤔
I wasn't going to say that, trying to be modest, but you're right. After 1st quarter it wasn't as close as score appeared. Moeller keeps a small speedster on their squad. Vollmer is going to push for starting Varsity next year. Mark it down.