Week 2: (1-0) D6 Coldwater @ (0-1) D1 Cincinnati Oak Hills

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough to win on the road with the delay stacked on top of a long trip. I witnessed that a few years ago. Team was on a medium length road trip, but the kickoff was delayed 2 hours due to weather. About when halftime would normally be approaching, the players started complaining of hunger. By the time the game kicked off, they were mentally out of it.

Last edited:
Amazing job by Coldwater. The game was obviously closer than many here thought it would be, but I still thought Oak Hills would win. So, I was wrong. Kudos to the Cavaliers!
I know games like this are really difficult with at least a 3 hour bus trip, then the delay. It really messes with everything. But Coldwater coaching was BAD tonight. Play calling absolutely atrocious, they were lucky that the Oak Hills coaching was next level bad tonight.

I know games like this are really difficult with at least a 3 hour bus trip, then the delay. It really messes with everything. But Coldwater coaching was BAD tonight. Play calling absolutely atrocious, they were lucky that the Oak Hills coaching was next level bad tonight.
You were a coach, weren’t you? :ROFLMAO:

Final

Coldwater 14
Oak Hills 6
Perhaps not the blowout most expected although I thought it would be a decent game. Obviously the delay I am guessing affected both teams play. Oak Hills played Turpin tough last week. Turpin is usually pretty good as evidenced by the 35-7 beat down they put on Dublin Coffman tonight up in Dublin. So good win Cavs and Coach Otten getting win on his return to the GMC. Would’ve loved it if they could’ve played Middletown and beat them after the way they done him years ago.

what are your and ehs2001 obsession with OH? why do you both care about them so much lol? you both bash them like people are on here talking about how they are going to win games? noone from OH even posts anymore except for a few, and they aren't here pounding their chests.....they are just here to tell you your wrong. just like OH hasn't lost 22 in a row. heck their last win was Oct. 23, 2020. don't worry they aren't trying to dethrone your beloved panthers.

btw, i streamed the elder game tonight, just in case you were wondering.

jtk
()

Why were you wasting time watching Oak Hills? You have a weird obsession with the most worthless high school in the city.

what are your and ehs2001 obsession with OH? why do you both care about them so much lol? you both bash them like people are on here talking about how they are going to win games? noone from OH even posts anymore except for a few, and they aren't here pounding their chests.....they are just here to tell you your wrong. just like OH hasn't lost 22 in a row. heck their last win was Oct. 23, 2020. don't worry they aren't trying to dethrone your beloved panthers.

jtk
()
I'm an Oak Hills alum that played football. I want them to succeed. But they keep hiring coaches that hinder their own success. I truly expected Prosser to be the one to start to turn the ship around, but he had two 0-10 seasons in 4 years. Last night, Oak Hills had 10 penalties for 93 yards. They only possessed the ball for 17:57. You aren't going to win many games with that, and those are all coaching.

On a side note, their defense looked pretty solid last night. They were just on the field all night and they didn't substitute anyone, again use your subs on a hot night after a 1 hour delay when your defense is clearly sucking wind.

Oak Hills may win a couple in league play, but their coaching has to improve, period.

jtk
()
I don't mean to put down Oak Hills. I truly want to see them win more because I want the annual rivalry with Elder renewed. I have a great deal of respect for the kids at Oak Hills who put in the time and effort to play football.

However, I don't want anyone from Coldwater or a MAC blowhard to act like beating Oak Hills is a huge accomplishment simply because of the disparity in enrollment.

However, I don't want anyone from Coldwater or a MAC blowhard to act like beating Oak Hills is a huge accomplishment simply because of the disparity in enrollment.
And you won't. Is there a reason you are expecting it?
In the past, the vast majority, if not all, of the posters pounding the MAC drum were non - MAC posters. I will give kudos to the Cavs for after a long bus ride, delay and turnovers, they came out with a win.

OH has talent but with all those losses, the mind set needs to change. I felt when the Cavs put their last score up, it really put in the "here comes another loss" thoughts. Timely penalties helped facilitate that drive and that comes down to discipline and coaching. It starts at home and ends with coaching. FWIW, OH's band and student section were very good and vocal. Couple that with the cheering of OH fans and it gave me the impression that the encouragement and support is there.

I read this thread all week and was rooting for Oak Hills to pull this off. I think it's pretty clear Coldwater wouldn't come down here and compete with the top half of the DI and DII teams. But damn, do they have solid program.

As an aside, when dropping off another family after the La Salle game on a random purely residential street in Cheviot, several Coldwater buses, including, I believe the band trailer, went roaring down the street. Man, were they lost with absolutely no reason to be there. What happened, man? Google Maps betray you??

I read this thread all week and was rooting for Oak Hills to pull this off. I think it's pretty clear Coldwater wouldn't come down here and compete with the top half of the DI and DII teams. But damn, do they have solid program.

As an aside, when dropping off another family after the La Salle game on a random purely residential street in Cheviot, several Coldwater buses, including, I believe the band trailer, went roaring down the street. Man, were they lost with absolutely no reason to be there. What happened, man? Google Maps betray you??
Looking for spoils. To the victor.......

Dont you guys do a "roam through" after winning away games down there?

I don't mean to put down Oak Hills. I truly want to see them win more because I want the annual rivalry with Elder renewed. I have a great deal of respect for the kids at Oak Hills who put in the time and effort to play football.

MAC blowhard? Definition? I am a non MAC resident but a fan of those peoples ways and values, do I qualify as a MAC BH?

Think I get your angle here but many posters over the years can't have it both ways 1- claiming MAC schools could never defeat any D1 school
2- then saying it's no big deal when they do.

As for actual Coldwater fans and supporters on here, they have handled themselves in a sportmanlike way letting the play on the field speak louder than written debate. The way it should be!

Last edited:
Probably. I know to avoid the rush hour thru Dayton, we had google take us down 127 then found Google taking us up and down these back roads, hair pin turns, etc.
Said, ain't no way we're doing that on the way home. ?

Last edited:
Probably. I know to avoid the rush hour thru Dayton, we had google take us down 127 then found Google taking us up and these back roads, hair pin turns, etc.
Said, ain't no way we're doing that on the way home. ?

Haha, man, I know that feeling. I spent 20 years covering HS football for the papers down here and I've been sent on some missions. Fortunately for me, I exited the hills and hairpins of Cincinnati to roam through corn fields.

I very much wanted to flag those folks down and get them back on track to I74, but they were cooking down the road.

Proud of the Cavs last night. players, coaches... outstanding job and effort! Was it sloppy at times? absolutely, both ways;) Im sure the coaches learned alot about this team and personnel last night. I have to give a Shout out to Coach Bruns on the adjustment after 1Q of action watching OH shred the middle of cov 2. It made the windows a little tighter and made a difference. Still much work to be done. Hopefully no lingering injuries after this one.

Enjoyed the OH hospitality and friendliness. This does not look like a 0-10 program. Numerous pregame activities, cheering student section, great band... Good size roster. As for the team, elusive QB that extends plays with a good arm. Good team speed defensively. Cavs couldnt break one and theres a reason for that. The biggest takeaway for the team to improve is you have got to be able to run the ball at least somewhat effectively. Maybe the coach is in a situation like Mauk was at Kenton where they couldnt play "straight up" against the bigger teams in the league so he went with a pass happy offense.... but you have to be able to run the ball against a D6 team, no matter how good they are... and If you cant run the ball against cov 2, youre odds of winning are not good to begin with. Im sure the schedule isnt going to get easier for them. Best wishes on the rest of the season and on future success.

Proud of the Cavs last night. players, coaches... outstanding job and effort! Was it sloppy at times? absolutely, both ways;) Im sure the coaches learned alot about this team and personnel last night. I have to give a Shout out to Coach Bruns on the adjustment after 1Q of action watching OH shred the middle of cov 2. It made the windows a little tighter and made a difference. Still much work to be done. Hopefully no lingering injuries after this one.

Enjoyed the OH hospitality and friendliness. This does not look like a 0-10 program. Numerous pregame activities, cheering student section, great band... Good size roster. As for the team, elusive QB that extends plays with a good arm. Good team speed defensively. Cavs couldnt break one and theres a reason for that. The biggest takeaway for the team to improve is you have got to be able to run the ball at least somewhat effectively. Maybe the coach is in a situation like Mauk was at Kenton where they couldnt play "straight up" against the bigger teams in the league so he went with a pass happy offense.... but you have to be able to run the ball against a D6 team, no matter how good they are... and If you cant run the ball against cov 2, youre odds of winning are not good to begin with. Im sure the schedule isnt going to get easier for them. Best wishes on the rest of the season and on future success.
They aren't an 0-10 school, just an 0-10 football team. I've been in Cincinnati for 12 years now. From what I've seen, OH is a football program that for whatever reason never seems to get much talent. Coaching possibly too, I really can't speak on that portion. For example, their junior class should be stacked, but it looks like half of them aren't at the school anymore. As far as the school as a whole, their support across the board for all of their sports is as good as any school I've seen in the area. Their football team just doesn't win, and until the last year or so, doesn't even come close to winning. At this point it probably is an ingrained mentality within the program, however it's not ingrained into the school and the community, regardless of what you might hear from many of their detractors on here.