Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

Who wins?

• Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Kirtland by 8-16

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Versailles by 1-7

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Versailles by 8-16

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Versailles by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great season Versailles - tremendous effort today against an amazingly strong Kirtland team.

Fantastic performance by Michael Osborne on both sides of the ball.

Hope to see more MAC vs Kirtland battles in coming years.

Congratulations to Tiger L and the Hornets - very impressive team.

In the NFL, yes. I don't think these review rules are exactly the same as NFL. I could be wrong of course. They have NFL and college replay officials that are taking care of the review for the championship games. All change of possession, turnovers, scoring plays, and long impact plays are subject to review according to the announcers.
So it's just a total review? I'll be honest since it's so rarely used I'm not sure what real guidelines we even have.

Overall a dominant performance by Kirtland en route to that title.

So it's just a total review? I'll be honest since it's so rarely used I'm not sure what real guidelines we even have.

Overall a dominant performance by Kirtland en route to that title.

I found the document. I didn't read through it all yet, but here it is.

I think this might have been the cause of the review.

(vii) Runner ruled down incorrectly. A player who is ruled down but has lost possession of the ball may be reviewed and corrected when the subsequent recovery of the loose ball is done in the immediate continuing action of the play

K is the better team, but the ball bounced their way, 2 fumble recoveries in the end zone. But congratulations to Versailles never stopped fighting.
well said ..........a little surprised that late in the game , deep in tiger territory , after coach jones called a timeout , score 26 - 7........... laverde called a flea flicker play ........then scored on an option play Laverde to Beers......and like u said ....... second one recovered for a TD..............
coaches use their timeouts late in games ....... quite a bit , even games are in hand.................bottom line ........game was very clean ...guys helping each other ....although late in the game a versailles player got called for a personal foul after a play ....... understtod for sure................. a bunch of real tuff kids .....both squads ........... the versailles coach pulled the kid from the game................... don t see that enough
Just Real Impressed With both efforts ........Enjoy These smaller school Title Games Much More Than The Larger Divisions

lol that’s funny! Kirtland is actually a city. They lose a lot of kids to local private schools to Hawken, Lake Catholic, NDCL etc…. But dam if they were in the MAC geez that would be crazy lol.
really believe that Laverde Has found a way to keep a large percentage of those kids that
may have gone to those schools ........especially the solid ones ...........the hornets have a very deep tradition since Laverde Showed Up ............ a lot of familiar names on the rosters thru his time there

really believe that Laverde Has found a way to keep a large percentage of those kids that
may have gone to those schools ........especially the solid ones ...........the hornets have a very deep tradition since Laverde Showed Up ............ a lot of familiar names on the rosters thru his time there
"Winning Breeds Winning"
Gets the boys out for football. They want to be a part of it. Carry on the tradition, especially with siblings.

Do the Hornets have pee-wee football?
Very few teams in the MAC do.
Maybe Parkway and DSJ.

Tip of the hatCongrats to the Hornets.

Have to say the Tigers Mr Osborne was an impressive fella. You don’t see that kinda grit & toughness everyday. Well done, Sir
Follow-up & tip of the cap for Tiger fans, D3 game just started. Bishop Watterson wishes they had the crowd Versailles brought to Canton.

Hats off to Versailles. Congrats on a successful season.

Congratulations to Kirtland! Always such a fundamentally sound, tough, football team. Their defense was outstanding today. Made things difficult for Versailles all game long.