Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

Who wins?

• Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Kirtland by 8-16

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Versailles by 1-7

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Versailles by 8-16

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Versailles by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if it is taught to come up and illegally come up and take out blockers below the waste.
As a big Kirtland follower I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about…. All I seen was Kirtland players being respectful and helping Versailles players up off the turf after a play. I’m not sure what kool-aid you’re drinking but I think many of us here will disagree with your statement.

I wonder if it is taught to come up and illegally come up and take out blockers below the waste.
As a big time follower of Kirtland I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about…. All I seen was Kirtland players helping Versailles players up off the turf after plays. Not sure the kool-aid you’re drinking but Kirtland posters don’t come on here and whine after a loss or make excuses. I’m sure most posters here will agree with me. Kirtland is one of THE classiest programs in the state of Ohio.

As a big time follower of Kirtland I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about…. All I seen was Kirtland players helping Versailles players up off the turf after plays. Not sure the kool-aid you’re drinking but Kirtland posters don’t come on here and whine after a loss or make excuses. I’m sure most posters here will agree with me. Kirtland is one of THE classiest programs in the state of Ohio.
I think the post was from a overprotective parent who is butt sore because his sons team lost. I was at the game and saw nothing but respect between the two programs. It's a shame a person like this is trying to tarnish a great game between two good teams. This person is the exception. Most Versailles fans accepted the fact that this year the better team won.

I think the post was from an overprotective parent who is butt sore because his sons team lost. I was at the game and saw nothing but respect between the two programs. It's a shame a person like this is trying to tarnish a great game between two good teams. This person is the exception. Most Versailles fans accepted the fact that this year the better team won.
I couldn’t agree more. Definitely respect from both sides.

I don't what happens at the LOS or Kirtland as a team overall only get to see them at the state level, but 2 years ago (21 final) when one of K's top players took that cheap shot on a Versailles player (penalized on a punt return) his a** should have been on the bench the rest of the game.

Last edited:
I don't what happens at the LOS or Kirtland as a team overall only get to see them at the state level, but 2 years ago (21 final) when one of K's top players took that cheap shot on a Versailles player (penalized on a punt return) his a** should have been on the bench the rest of the game along with his smug smile.
Is that what teams do - bench a kid after a penalty ? How often do you see that happen ? There were kids Friday getting in extra hits and shoves after the whistle from Versailles - did the coach bench them ? It was not until #13 was hit with a 15 yard penalty with 30 seconds left that the coach pulled him. That's football. The game gets chippy at times. You have kids knocking each other around - it's football. Kirtland does not cry about it or make it an issue. If you don't want to get knocked around and absorb contact join the marching band.

Is that what teams do - bench a kid after a penalty ? How often do you see that happen ? There were kids Friday getting in extra hits and shoves after the whistle from Versailles - did the coach bench them ? It was not until #13 was hit with a 15 yard penalty with 30 seconds left that the coach pulled him. That's football. The game gets chippy at times. You have kids knocking each other around - it's football. Kirtland does not cry about it or make it an issue. If you don't want to get knocked around and absorb contact join the marching band.
OK

If #17 for Versailles was hit with a personal foul for a face mask or a late hit would the coach pull him and put his a** on the bench the rest of the game ? I did not think so. That was ridiculous to even suggest.
LOL facemask happen, deliberate head hunting is something totally different but if you are cool with it so be it.

LOL facemask happen, deliberate head hunting is something totally different but if you are cool with it so be it.
So now Kirtland is accused of head hunting and blocking below the waist - anything else ? It sounds like sour grapes to me - Versailles fans are better then that. Your making them look bad. It's OK - sometimes a MAC team loses and gets outplayed. I'm sure the teams will meet again some day. You did not hear Kirtland say a word when Versailles delt them a devastating loss two years ago - the Tigers were congratulated. They were the better team that day - no excuses and no complaining. Lose with class.

So now Kirtland is accused of head hunting and blocking below the waist - anything else ? It sounds like sour grapes to me - Versailles fans are better then that. Your making them look bad. It's OK - sometimes a MAC team loses and gets outplayed. I'm sure the teams will meet again some day. You did not hear Kirtland say a word when Versailles delt them a devastating loss two years ago - the Tigers were congratulated. They were the better team that day - no excuses and no complaining. Lose with class.
K was the better team yesterday (friday) and as a whole K might be a "clean" team but watch the video from 2 years ago and tell me that was not deliberate and" head hunting".

Kirtland was the better team Friday. No doubt. I do recall that after the game in 2021 there were people saying Kirtland was the better team. It is what it is.

Kirtland is much better now then they were - that being said Perry is really good. I'm sure a lot of Kirtland fans will make the drive to watch Perry on Saturday.
That is not what anybody said. The point being made is that is who the younger teams play in preparation to play varsity. The freshman and JVs play a rigorous schedule as do the Pee Wees. When these kids get to the varsity level they are not intimated by bigger teams because they are used to playing them.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Funny I seem to recall someone on here last March in the basketball forum bemoaning Kirtland's last two season ending loses, equating the building of Marion Locals football teams as being no different than Richland Heights basketball team's collection of talent. Ring any bells ?