Week 12: #2 Steubenville Big Red vs. #10 Columbus Bishop Hartley

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Steubenville offense must be really good. Hartley struggles to score so I'm not shocked they didn't but give up 3q does,. they have a solid group on def. This Stub team must be state title worthy for D4. good luck.
From the recap of the game, it doesn’t sound like BR offense was state title worthy at all!! A break down of Hartley D led to a 75 yard gallop, a drive that sputtered out for a field goal and one early drive for a TD. 17 points scored by the offense. 14 points scored by their defense. Not sure how that was state title worthy. West Holmes RB had 400 yards and 7 TD last night. That’s more of a title worthy offense. Congratulations BR on the win

From the recap of the game, it doesn’t sound like BR offense was state title worthy at all!! A break down of Hartley D led to a 75 yard gallop, a drive that sputtered out for a field goal and one early drive for a TD. 17 points scored by the offense. 14 points scored by their defense. Not sure how that was state title worthy. West Holmes RB had 400 yards and 7 TD last night. That’s more of a title worthy offense. Congratulations BR on the win
Dumb take, Big Red easily scored on their first drive of 75 yards, then shortly thereafter on defense and special teams limiting Big Reds offensive opportunities, then after halftime the 1st string offense was out the game, even less opportunities, than add a running close, even less opportunities to score.
so elite offense probably not, but weapons to win, hell ya......
according to your weak take, Hartley was a play or two from making this a game.

plus, your fan support is atrocious, at least make an effort.

Last edited:
“It doesn’t sound like BR offense was state title at all!!” Literally coming from a bishop hartley fan…..

Well, I guess I can be happy. The lesser of two evils won. Live seeing Hartley take it……even if it means the Big Red fans get cockier.

From the recap of the game, it doesn’t sound like BR offense was state title worthy at all!!
No reason to get chippy. Big Red's opening drive was solid and was all that was needed to win the game. That was a goose egg on the scoreboard. Defense wins titles. Capitalizing on mistakes wins titles. Playing a mostly error-free game wins titles. Congrats to Big Red.

Dumb take, Big Red easily scored on their first drive of 75 yards, then shortly thereafter on defense and special teams limiting Big Reds offensive opportunities, then after halftime the 1st string offense was out the game, even less opportunities, than add a running close, even less opportunities to score.
according to your weak take, Hartley was a play or two from making this a game.

plus, your fan support is atrocious, at least make an effort.
Dumb take is you can’t read, never said Hartley was a play or two from winning. No illusions of Hartley even winning this game, stated on other thread figured BR would win by 3 TDs. Pretty close I guess. Hartley struggled all year against a tough schedule, just didn’t have the firepower to get the wins. Plus I was basically saying Hartley should not be the gauge of state title worthy offense they were mediocre at best.
Sorry I don’t fit in with the Big Red chest thumping braggadocio. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Get real.......it was not a good season.....state it as it is/
It was a good season for a young team. Hawks have never fielded a team with that many freshman and sophomore starters. Defense did great all season, even in yesterday's loss. It always takes the Hawks defense a few series to settle in. Other than opening drive and the one broken play later, defense played relatively well until garbage time when they lost their composure. The offense line play was pretty good this season. The loss of #7 exposed the offense as exceedingly one dimensional but the system isn't designed for flash.

#76 ?? Yeah he started crap
He's a finisher. He doesn't stop fighting until the whistle blows. Even if the play is going in the other direction, he's pushing his assignment backwards and trying to put him on his back. He's definitely an emotional player. He's still working on self-control. He's what? 17?

3:30am??? I know this CB. East is 10-1, East did not get Beat by Wv School. East is the 3 seed from your Region.
East will be the Fastest Team you all will play YTD. East will show up and it’s going to be a Neutral Site.
East has Moxy. East has a Chic Harley. East has better than a Slim Chance. You may Beat East but it
will take a Great Team Effort and The Big Red will have to play a pretty clean game. 150 yards of Penalties
by BR in a game like this one could spell disaster. You better get some rest it’s going to be a long week.
Columbus football is a joke anymore. Big Red walks to the state-semis

What a surprise, Crimson & Black drunk, talking trash and posting at 3:30am after a win no less. What exciting times in Steubenville. Some things never change.
Knucklehead, I live in Arizona with a 3 hour time difference. And you’re right, somethings never change. You continue to be a spineless troll.

It was a good season for a young team. Hawks have never fielded a team with that many freshman and sophomore starters. Defense did great all season, even in yesterday's loss. It always takes the Hawks defense a few series to settle in. Other than opening drive and the one broken play later, defense played relatively well until garbage time when they lost their composure. The offense line play was pretty good this season. The loss of #7 exposed the offense as exceedingly one dimensional but the system isn't designed for flash.
I agree -- it wasn't a title team but setting for future. Great def too. This was Watty last year with plenty of Sophs starting all year.

3:30am??? I know this CB. East is 10-1, East did not get Beat by Wv School. East is the 3 seed from your Region.
East will be the Fastest Team you all will play YTD. East will show up and it’s going to be a Neutral Site.
East has Moxy. East has a Chic Harley. East has better than a Slim Chance. You may Beat East but it
will take a Great Team Effort and The Big Red will have to play a pretty clean game. 150 yards of Penalties
by BR in a game like this one could spell disaster. You better get some rest it’s going to be a long week.
Dude why are you so focused on MY time. Once again i live in Arizona, there is a 3 hour time difference. You must have missed that class in 5th grade. You are truly a juvenile acting, unintelligent man and in need of serious help. You need medicated brother.

Someone should do a psychological study on football message boards……..it’s amazing how peoples attitudes change from week to week. The difference after a loss as compared to after a win. And how we talk about 17 year olds when they are on “our” team as compared to the “other” team.

Someone should do a psychological study on football message boards……..it’s amazing how peoples attitudes change from week to week. The difference after a loss as compared to after a win. And how we talk about 17 year olds when they are on “our” team as compared to the “other” team.
Good idea. Judging by your track record on the two Hartley playoff threads, it is obvious who would turn down the opportunity to participate because the university’s compensatory $50 wasn’t $51.

Definitely not the fastest team. Archbishop carroll? rock creek? wheeling park? I think even with 300 yards of penalties this game will be at a running clock by 3rd quarter. You make it sound like East is the toughest team in this region. Bishop Hartley in my opinion is the 2nd best team in the region and you saw what happened to them last night. I think Steubenville is the best but can they be beat? Yes but I don’t think East would be the team to do it. The closest a team would get to puttin up a fight with BR is Indian Valley.

That sounds like the guys a few years back saying coach Sack didn't punch him in the sack; he punched him in the stomach. Completely different thing!

Yeah, everyone that loses to Steubenville usually brings that up.
So do a lot of the ones that beat them. Other than having the best university on the planet which no one knows and serving raw cheese on pizza which only a few have discovered, it's what defines the town.

Well you’re 1-1-1 on that. It doesn’t define the town, the pizza is awesome, and Steubie U is just OK.

They didn't need to show anything, did you think the JV and freshman were going to show you that in the final 23 minutes with a running clock? West Holmes had their QB throwing TDs and taking sacks up 4 scores in the 4th.
So me responding to a Watterson guy about the fact Steubenville didn’t have a State title worthy offense for what ever reason has all you BR guys in a tizzy. Did I say you couldn’t or wouldn't win it all? I didn’t! But in your haste and chest thumping you have both made my point. How can BR’s offense be determined to be state title quality when the sample size of the Hartley game was diminished by the facts that you and your cohort stated. JV frosh, running clock, not many offensive opportunities etc. Face it Hartley was down this year obviously not a state title worthy offense or defense. You guys were definitely the better team probably would have beaten Hartley 9 out of ten( gotta keep the possibilities open) times this year. I would say good luck again but you obviously don’t need any. You’re that good
Big Red easily scored on their first drive of 75 yards, then shortly thereafter on defense and special teams limiting Big Reds offensive opportunities, then after halftime the 1st string offense was out the game, even less opportunities, than add a running close, even less opportunities to score.