Week 10: Elder vs. LaSalle

Elder Special Teams are often maligned, but the swap of the Offense with the Punt Team on 4th was flawlessly executed.

The Elder QB played a helluva game and was 100 percent the reason Elder won. That dude had a game.

I thought La Salle was not near aggressive enough coming out of halftime with the ball. I know Brass is really, really good and La Salle has virtually no linebackers left. But at some point, you have to adjust and stop the QB draw at some point. And you have to tackle. You can't let a little dude drag you down the field on fourth-and-16 when a stop ends the game.

Oh well, on to ... Harrison?

Lasalle looks like the clear favorite in Region 8 if they can get healthy.

Full strength, I’d agree with you. There is just too much missing right now. Who knows, though? Maybe they can get a couple wins.

I'm probably overestimating how good Elder is, but Lasalle looked like a very good team to me. I know both teams were missing some guys. No one in region 4 or 8 wants to see a GCL South team in the playoffs.

My favorite part of the game was watching the LaSalle administrator get upset when the Elder cheerleader planted the E flag on the 40 yard line after the final TD.

I thought #55 for Elder played a great game, and he was first in the line to shake hands with the opposing team after the game. He represented Elder very well.

I'm probably overestimating how good Elder is, but Lasalle looked like a very good team to me. I know both teams were missing some guys. No one in region 4 or 8 wants to see a GCL South team in the playoffs.
Full strength could be a difft story, but right now neither team is very good.

I hear ya. I look at La Salle and I see a bunch of kids that should roll over much of the DII competition. But they lose to Northmont and DCC. Those are fine programs, but those are also games this team never should have lost.

Elder will get Uran back who was sick tonight. Brass looked very good and ran very well. McKenna should be back at some point.
Brass was outstanding. However, you can’t continue to put that big of a workload on him. For the millionth time, not having a true RB will comeback to bite them.

Withrow maybe. Anderson lost to Milford by 21. WW lost to Lebanon tonight. Cmon, you are better than this Omar.
Withrow could be. They have 1 quality opponent in X and did fine in 2nd half. It was hard to tell if X was playing bad or if Withrow is for real. I'd love to see the Tigers make some noise.

While Anderson lost to Milford, they would be my favorite to win R8.

Withrow could be. They have 1 quality opponent in X and did fine in 2nd half. It was hard to tell if X was playing bad or if Withrow is for real. I'd love to see the Tigers make some noise.

While Anderson lost to Milford, they would be my favorite to win R8.
How is WW so bad on Offense?

Riiight. Just like Elder going 5-5, losing to LaSalle...and Brass not being 100%.
To be fair, Elder needed a final drive TD to win and it included an improbable 4th-and-16 conversion. Thinking Elder could lose to La Salle and finish 5-5 was reasonable.

Congratulations to Elder on a very good regular season! 6-4 and 2-1 in the GCL beating LaSalle three years in row and St. X in OT.

Hopefully the team is getting healthier and can make some noise in the playoffs.