Week 10: Elder vs. LaSalle

If ya'all are interested, I have some thoughts from a La Salle perspective. QB9 might have a big game, espescially if Elder's defense is a beaten down as some here have me believing. WR10 will be tough for certain and Elder will certainly want to keep close attention to WR2. RB5 and RB3 are very hard runners, but they don't get a lot of space to run and for some reason, LS is married to middle runs.

I'm not sure what to expect from the Lancers defensively. They were promising, but there have been just so many injuries.

Hopefully the rain ends in time. Good luck to all and enjoy the game, but I hope you guys lose!

If ya'all are interested, I have some thoughts from a La Salle perspective. QB9 might have a big game, espescially if Elder's defense is a beaten down as some here have me believing. WR10 will be tough for certain and Elder will certainly want to keep close attention to WR2. RB5 and RB3 are very hard runners, but they don't get a lot of space to run and for some reason, LS is married to middle runs.

I'm not sure what to expect from the Lancers defensively. They were promising, but there have been just so many injuries.

Hopefully the rain ends in time. Good luck to all and enjoy the game, but I hope you guys lose!

Injuries will not be an excuse for Elder. They have depth. Next man up.

Players can play through injuries and have the injury heal at the same time. See Joe Burrow.
Comparing Joe Burrow recovering from injury with all the access he has to the very best medical care the very best training facilities to high school kids recovering from injuries is laughable.

Ok, Joe Burrow doesn't count as an example. How many high school players do you want me to name that are playing through injuries and getting healthier each week? I can name several. Point being Brass will do fine tonight and continue to get healthier as long as he doesn't reinjure anything.

Ok, Joe Burrow doesn't count as an example. How many high school players do you want me to name that are playing through injuries and getting healthier each week? I can name several. Point being Brass will do fine tonight and continue to get healthier as long as he doesn't reinjure anything.
I’m won’t debate there are large numbers of players on high school fields in every sport playing through injuries all the time, that’s a fact. Very few of them have the same acces to care as an NFL QB, especially the highest paid NFL QB (he is still the highest paid QB isn’t he 😆).

I’m won’t debate there are large numbers of players on high school fields in e every sport playing through injuries all the time, that’s a fact. Very few of them have the same acces to care as an NFL QB, especially the highest paid NFL QB (he is still the highest paid QB isn’t he 😆).

True and yes still highest even after Mahomes restructured his deal.

#8 is getting better this week. He’s no longer in a boot and was able to practice all week. He had his ear stitched up at halftime last week.

Didn’t do fine last week.

Their corners need to get off the WR blocks. The LS running back has been impressive. They need to close down the running lanes. I could see them moving Dugan back to LB for 2nd half.
He wasn’t that impressive, Elder just couldn’t tackle. They desperately need McKenna and Uran back.

Brass is ballsy. Converting on 4th & 16 after a 3rd & 30 is massive. The 4th down catch might’ve been Mirus’ only catch but he made it count

Brass is ballsy. Converting on 4th & 16 after a 3rd & 30 is massive. The 4th down catch might’ve been Mirus’ only catch but he made it count
I thought Mirus made two big catches (his first 2 catches of the night) in that 2nd and 30 sequence to help get that first down. Brass took over from there.

The Elder QB played a helluva game and was 100 percent the reason Elder won. That dude had a game.

I thought La Salle was not near aggressive enough coming out of halftime with the ball. I know Brass is really, really good and La Salle has virtually no linebackers left. But at some point, you have to adjust and stop the QB draw at some point. And you have to tackle. You can't let a little dude drag you down the field on fourth-and-16 when a stop ends the game.

Oh well, on to ... Harrison?