Week 1 - St Thomas Aquinas at Struthers

Who you got

• St Thomas

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Struthers

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters
Aquinas isn't an embarrassment to the Diocese. Aquinas is trying to survive. Kids just aren't there. Canton doesn't need two Catholic high schools anymore. Neither does Youngstown for that matter. Just a matter of time...
I am not referring to the school, and I understand the lengths by which they must go to survive. I am referring to the current state of affairs in their athletic department, most notably football, and how they have conducted themselves under this current coaching staff.

This matchup could be the difference between Struthers playing or watching in week 11. Not a lot of sure wins in league for anybody and Geneva could be up or down. Seems like they’re every other year. Could be a rough start for Struthers if Geneva and Streetsboro come out on top. Get some playing time this week with the 1’s for important backups.

Last edited:
Anyone know the Cats’ starting lineup?

Fill in the blanks. And correct any mistakes.

QB: Dukes
RB: Carter
WR: Gryzb and Ekoniak and ? and ?
LT: ?
LG: ?
C: Clyde
RG: Sakara
RT: ?

DE: Clyde and ?
DT: Sakara and ?
ILB: Braham and Dodd
OLB: Carter
CB: Farina and Sanchez
FS: Dukes
SS: Ekoniak

I would say Carcelli at a WR, Boila- oline maybe? Collin at Guard- forget his last name, Logan - Forgot his last name too. Lowe at DL.

Anyone know the Cats’ starting lineup?

Fill in the blanks. And correct any mistakes.

QB: Dukes
RB: Carter
WR: Gryzb and Ekoniak and ? and ?
LT: ?
LG: ?
C: Clyde
RG: Sakara
RT: ?

DE: Clyde and ?
DT: Sakara and ?
ILB: Braham and Dodd
OLB: Carter
CB: Farina and Sanchez
FS: Dukes
SS: Ekoniak
Dukes is not playing this week. Howard is getting the start

Aquinas isn't an embarrassment to the Diocese. Aquinas is trying to survive. Kids just aren't there. Canton doesn't need two Catholic high schools anymore. Neither does Youngstown for that matter. Just a matter of time...
He means an embarrassment by the way they act not because of the number of kids or the actual play in the field. The last few years they absolutely have embarrassed the diocese with their antics.

On defense:
DE- Clyde, Sakara
DT- Hobart, Jarrell Jones both sophmore
MLB- Braham, Dodd
OLB- Carcelli
FS- Ekoniak
SS- Carter
CB- Farina, Grzyb/Sanchez
That has been starting defense for both scrimmages.

On defense:
DE- Clyde, Sakara
DT- Hobart, Jarrell Jones both sophmore
MLB- Braham, Dodd
OLB- Carcelli
FS- Ekoniak
SS- Carter
CB- Farina, Grzyb/Sanchez
That has been starting defense for both scrimmages.
Carter is a linebacker not really a SS as much anymore, I would imagine gryzb being at QB some this week will not have him at corner as much. Dukes started the first scrimmage at FS

They are not sitting Dukes because of any reason other than the fact that he is hurt. You do not sit sophomores for any reason if they are starters. Hopefully he can come back soon.

Getting way too cocky for only winning 4 games against tomato cans last season. Cats could realistically struggle this week without their starting qb Don’t know what they’ve proven to be considered 40 point favorites in any game. Cats win by 20.

This matchup could be the difference between Struthers playing or watching in week 11. Not a lot of sure wins in league for anybody and Geneva could be up or down. Seems like they’re every other year. Could be a rough start for Struthers if Geneva and Streetsboro come out on top. Get some playing time this week with the 1’s for important backups.
Are you stupid or just dumb? We'll blow ST A off the field tomorrow night. Stick to your indians