Warrensville District Bracket

Grandpa1

On a cold & snowy Tuesday night the OHSAA webmaster finally got the brackets posted.

Solon plays Cleve. South at 6:00pm on Tuesday, 2/27 at Warrensville. The second game that night is Euclid vs. East Tech. Since there are only a few more seats than at the old South High Districts, plan accordingly.

I like the idea of the Nordonia makeup game (cancelled when schools closed) being played at Solon on Wed. 2/21. Never did like a week without a game and then start tournaments.

Don't forget, this week's game at Twinsburg is on Thursday! Two more wins for an undefeated conference. Will they do it? See the girls lost.

Interesting. Solon is not taking a bye. Instead, the bye goes to unseeded JFK. Solon should roll South; the JFK game would be the second half of a doubleheader that will likely feature Heights-Shaker in the opener. Hmm... I think a few people will show up for that one.

The Comets are in the opposite bracket from Bedford, St. Ignatius and Garfield. Too bad. Each one of those games would be interesting matchups for the Comets for myriad reasons. Heights would be the Comets' toughest matchup in their own bracket, because of the Tigers' depth.

Grandpa,

I HATE the fact that the next two games are on Thursday and Wednesday, respectively. I've got night classes, and I have to miss all the fun. As The Eagles asked in one of their songs, "Whatever Happened to Saturday Night?"

I believe Coach VanReeth passed on a bye for Solon last year and the year before that too. Playing a makeup game the week before and a first game on Tuesday of tournament week are both good moves.

And Meta, regarding your class conflict with the Wed. & Thurs. games that end the season schedule, I'll pray for the blizzard of the century to have those games moved to Saturday for you!

I believe Coach VanReeth passed on a bye for Solon last year and the year before that too. Playing a makeup game the week before and a first game on Tuesday of tournament week are both good moves.

And Meta, regarding your class conflict with the Wed. & Thurs. games that end the season schedule, I'll pray for the blizzard of the century to have those games moved to Saturday for you!

Solon took a bye in 2004, and the 15-day layoff proved disastrous in the sectional final vs. St. Ignatius. Solon didn't take a bye in 2005. The Comets had a bye last year, but only had a one-week layoff before the sectional final match vs. Heights.

Please GrandPa, do not pray for any BLIZZARD, we can't get out of our driveway today. Looks like 17" plus, drifting and blowing.