Wapakoneta vs Badin

Wapakoneta timeout. Badin ball 3rd & 2 at the Wapak 32. 13 seconds to go.
So, Badin converted on a long pass. Ball is down at the Wapak 5. Badin spiked the ball. Badin lining up going for a touchdown instead of a field goal....... Timeout Wapak.

An incredible game between Badin-Wapakoneta. Two elite defenses. Badin showed a lot of guts with some clutch receptions on that game winning touchdown drive. It was quite remarkable; Badin missed or dropped some wide open passes, but made incredible catches against quality coverage. Wapak, on the other hand, played the entire second half with their backup QB and backup RB. Moyer and Knous both went out with injuries. It very much limited their offense as Badin just stacked the box.

Legendary way for Badin to win this game with 2 seconds left. Going for the win instead of settling for a field goal. A great call by Badin. Heartbreak for Wapak. Wapak's very first game of the season (Marion Local) and very last game of the season (Badin) both featured a double-digit Wapak lead late in the fourth quarter that was erased and the game was lost in the final seconds.

It's Badin-Celina for the Region 12 Championship next weekend!

The refs of this game were absolutely horrible plus Moyer and Knous being out KILLED Wapak. If those 2 played, it probably would’ve been a 17-20 pt game.
Im not going to complain about the refs because nearly every football game has inconsistent reffing. But Knous and Moyer being out was detrimental to Wapak. It’s at the very least a 7 point swing because Badin’s first touchdown came from Knous’s backup fumbling in Wapak’s own red zone. Wapak also had no passing game without Moyer so Badin was able to stack the box for the entire 2nd house without consequence.

Letting Wapak have just Knous and Moyer would result in them winning. Letting us have them back plus taking out Badin’s QB and RB would have resulted in Wapak winning by 14+.

It’s so frustrating. Wapak was clearly the better team but those injuries are just insurmountable for any team to overcome. Like I said, Wapak is cursed from ever making it out of the region. It’s insane.

Craziest game I’ve ever watched. Two warriors beat the living crap out of each other all four quarters. Feel bad for Wapak as they are hands down the best team Badin played all year. Boat load of critical mistakes by both teams. If Wapak doesn’t lose their QB I think they would’ve won. To all you Wapak fans, my heart goes out to y’all, for real, great team

Wow.. what a crazy ending. Was really hoping for a wbl rematch but congrats to Badin, what heart they showed to come back and win it like that. Also I can admit when I’m wrong. I knew Badins defense was good but I didn’t think they’d hold wapak that low this year. Sounds like some unfortunate injuries played a key rule in that though sadly.

Last edited:
Craziest game I’ve ever watched. Two warriors beat the living crap out of each other all four quarters. Feel bad for Wapak as they are hands down the best team Badin played all year. Boat load of critical mistakes by both teams. If Wapak doesn’t lose their QB I think they would’ve won. To all you Wapak fans, my heart goes out to y’all, for real, great team
Badin is a fantastic team and to come back and win the way they did takes an insane amount of heart. It’s unfortunate we couldn’t have seen the whole game with both teams fully healthy and Badin not making critical some mistakes (3 missed chip shot field goals).

Badin is a fantastic team and to come back and win the way they did takes an insane amount of heart. It’s unfortunate we couldn’t have seen the whole game with both teams fully healthy and Badin not making critical some mistakes (3 missed chip shot field goals).
Badin played their worst game offensively of the season but Wapak had a lot to do with that. Wapak s D is the truth

Wapak’s D is legit for sure.. Badin really couldn’t get much going tonight, minus the last 4 minutes of the game and I think Wapak just ran out of gas due to not being able to give the defense a break in the 2nd half.

An incredible game between Badin-Wapakoneta. Two elite defenses. Badin showed a lot of guts with some clutch receptions on that game winning touchdown drive. It was quite remarkable; Badin missed or dropped some wide open passes, but made incredible catches against quality coverage. Wapak, on the other hand, played the entire second half with their backup QB and backup RB. Moyer and Knous both went out with injuries. It very much limited their offense as Badin just stacked the box.

Legendary way for Badin to win this game with 2 seconds left. Going for the win instead of settling for a field goal. A great call by Badin. Heartbreak for Wapak. Wapak's very first game of the season (Marion Local) and very last game of the season (Badin) both featured a double-digit Wapak lead late in the fourth quarter that was erased and the game was lost in the final seconds.

It's Badin-Celina for the Region 12 Championship next weekend!
I got home in time to listen to the final 3 minutes or so, what an ending. But a little clarification on the second sentence of your second paragraph - I believe there were five or six seconds left after Badin spiked it, and I was thinking they had enough time to run a quick pass play and then kick the field goal with one or two seconds left to tie it, if they couldn't score a touchdown. So, I think "going for the win" would've applied to one final play it the pass had not resulted in a touchdown?

Does anyone have the final stats for this game? There are comments suggesting Wapak played better, but it seemed like Badin moved the ball a bit and missed 3 field goals - including a short one. I'd love to see a box score.

Does anyone have the final stats for this game? There are comments suggesting Wapak played better, but it seemed like Badin moved the ball a bit and missed 3 field goals - including a short one. I'd love to see a box score.
I’d say Wapak played better for 44 minutes lol, defense got gassed at the end of the game bc they couldn’t do anything offensively. Badin put 11 players in the box for a majority of the 2nd half and took away the only thing possible for Wapak at the time due to injuries. Credit to their coaching staff for that.
I don’t know exactly how much different the outcome would have been if Moyer and Knous would’ve played, but I confident that Wapak would’ve won the game.

I’d say Wapak played better for 44 minutes lol, defense got gassed at the end of the game bc they couldn’t do anything offensively. Badin put 11 players in the box for a majority of the 2nd half and took away the only thing possible for Wapak at the time due to injuries. Credit to their coaching staff for that.
I don’t know exactly how much different the outcome would have been if Moyer and Knous would’ve played, but I confident that Wapak would’ve won the game.
Jolly the back up QB sprained his ankle in the 3rd quarter could barely walk he stayed in but all he could do was play under center and hand off. The defense played lights out but Wapak had no offense or any type of play calling to try to keep a drive going defense held a great offense in check most of the game. I just got home from the game and im physically sick to my stomach for those kids

Jolly the back up QB sprained his ankle in the 3rd quarter could barely walk he stayed in but all he could do was play under center and hand off. The defense played lights out but Wapak had no offense or any type of play calling to try to keep a drive going defense held a great offense in check most of the game. I just got home from the game and im physically sick to my stomach for those kids
Even when Jolly handed it off, he was barely able to get it to the RB.

I got home in time to listen to the final 3 minutes or so, what an ending. But a little clarification on the second sentence of your second paragraph - I believe there were five or six seconds left after Badin spiked it, and I was thinking they had enough time to run a quick pass play and then kick the field goal with one or two seconds left to tie it, if they couldn't score a touchdown. So, I think "going for the win" would've applied to one final play it the pass had not resulted in a touchdown?
Eh, I think that's being nit-picky. Badin didn't have any timeouts remaining so an offensive play call with 6 seconds left had inherent risk associated with it. Undeniably, it was the right call as Badin had all the momentum. It was a game-winning play call by Badin.