Walsh Jesuit (7-1) @ Lake Catholic (7-1)

Who wins?

• Walsh Jesuit

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Lake Catholic

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

lchsman

The Warriors invade the JTO this Friday night with the final Crown Conference Championship on the line. Walsh destroyed NDCL last week in Cuyahoga Falls 34-0. Lake won a very sloppy game in Erie defeating the Royals 41-28. Walsh can score in bunches quick so Lake may need to slow it down with long time consuming drives. A very tall task for this Lake team on Friday, but we will know a lot more about this team after this game as the playoffs approach. Walsh wins by at least 2 scores, but much closer than others will predict.

Since the Kenston game, Lake has looked sloppy. They were the better team and were able to win the games against CC, Padua and Erie. If they start sloppy against Walsh, the game could get out of hand quickly. If Lake comes in focused and sharp, then this could be a close game. I think Walsh has too much firepower for the Cougars to pull off the upset.

Weird game last night. Either way, the Cougars played hard and the game was closer than the score indicates. I don’t think many people expected Lake to score 38 points on Walsh or give up 62 for that matter.

The Warriors had way more depth than Lake and wore the Cougars down in the second half. The Walsh defense last night has to be a concern heading into the postseason. As far as Lake goes, a very good game to bring them back down to reality.

By far, LC will be the most battle tested team out of any of the teams in region 13 come playoff time.

Great game for three quarters but as usual wall shows up and there's a dirtiest team I've ever seen play cheap shots dirty hit on the LC quarterback right before the half and a couple of other cheap shots thank God they got thrown out of the league

I was at the game, great game for 3 quarters, but as usual Walsh is exactly the same dirty cheap shot team of old ..nice late hit on the lc quarterback and few other dirty hits...thanks God the league threw them out
Wow, I guess you don't remember the Sullivans boys teams, they took out a kids knee from Chanel off the filed in the bench area and threw the punter over the old metal fence at memorial field!

Wow, I guess you don't remember the Sullivans boys teams, they took out a kids knee from Chanel off the filed in the bench area and threw the punter over the old metal fence at memorial field!
Of course he doesn’t. Pretty petty

This coming from a fan/supporter of a school that had a soccer player have a swastika on his leg during a game….and he’s worried about cheap shots. Might be other things he should be focused on

My memory of Lake Catholic is travelling up there in 1982 for a big showdown between MLC and SVSM. I was responsible for calling in the details of the game to the Beacon Journal that had reserved a nice spot in its sports page for an article on Akron's defending AA state champions big game. The game ended 0-0. I call in, guy answers the phone, I give him the news and....seconds of dead silence. LOL.

I was at the game, great game for 3 quarters, but as usual Walsh is exactly the same dirty cheap shot team of old ..nice late hit on the lc quarterback and few other dirty hits...thanks God the league threw them out
This is some funny sour grapes stuff here. I was at the game too. This is zero % what happened.

For anyone not so blatantly biased, it was a hard fought game with kids on BOTH sides taking shots. I didn’t see ONE cheap shot on either side, just hard nosed football.
What I hated to see was 16-17 penalties called on Walsh and only 5 on LC. Typical for a visiting team to that stadium at any time. Like always, Mentor is the biggest homer field around. Some say Massillon, but I’ve never seen an even game called at Mentor Stadium. They overturned an obvious called fumble at the end of the first half by saying inadvertent whistle. But there’s film on twitter and no whistle was blown. They threw an unsportsmanlike penalty after the LC QB threw the ball 20 yds out of bounds because a kid pumped his fist toward his own sideline. It was the worst officiating I’ve seen in 10 years in covering NEO sports.
Anyone that was there and wanting to be honest knows without the 8-10 bogus calls and numerous spotting of the ball, it would’ve been way worse. Yes, LC is better than last year and will play deep into a D4 playoff. But Walsh beat them handily.
If this game were played on a neutral field, it would’ve been 77-21. Heck, Walsh almost scored at the end to make it 69 with backups in.
Also, take a rest on the kicking them out of the league stuff. The league is disbanding because they all know they can’t compete with Walsh anymore. They formed a league when Walsh was down, and now that they’re back, they formed a new league where Lake can actually win rather than having to get steamrolled every year. I’m sure that title will feel great. It must really infuriate you that the Crown was formed to take advantage of a down Walsh program, only for them to never even lose a game in it.
Do everyone a favor and be somewhat honest on this string.

This is some funny sour grapes stuff here. I was at the game too. This is zero % what happened.

For anyone not so blatantly biased, it was a hard fought game with kids on BOTH sides taking shots. I didn’t see ONE cheap shot on either side, just hard nosed football.
What I hated to see was 16-17 penalties called on Walsh and only 5 on LC. Typical for a visiting team to that stadium at any time. Like always, Mentor is the biggest homer field around. Some say Massillon, but I’ve never seen an even game called at Mentor Stadium. They overturned an obvious called fumble at the end of the first half by saying inadvertent whistle. But there’s film on twitter and no whistle was blown. They threw an unsportsmanlike penalty after the LC QB threw the ball 20 yds out of bounds because a kid pumped his fist toward his own sideline. It was the worst officiating I’ve seen in 10 years in covering NEO sports.
Anyone that was there and wanting to be honest knows without the 8-10 bogus calls and numerous spotting of the ball, it would’ve been way worse. Yes, LC is better than last year and will play deep into a D4 playoff. But Walsh beat them handily.
If this game were played on a neutral field, it would’ve been 77-21. Heck, Walsh almost scored at the end to make it 69 with backups in.
Also, take a rest on the kicking them out of the league stuff. The league is disbanding because they all know they can’t compete with Walsh anymore. They formed a league when Walsh was down, and now that they’re back, they formed a new league where Lake can actually win rather than having to get steamrolled every year. I’m sure that title will feel great. It must really infuriate you that the Crown was formed to take advantage of a down Walsh program, only for them to never even lose a game in it.
Do everyone a favor and be somewhat honest on this string.
Congratulations on your win against a D4 team you double in enrollment. You really actually created an account to post this garbage?

You gave up over 400 yards of offense and with a minute and a half left in the 3rd quarter, Lake scored to make it 41-38. You go on to say, ”Anyone that was there and wanting to be honest knows without the 8-10 bogus calls and numerous spotting of the ball, it would’ve been way worse.” Lake Catholic scored 38 points and it didn’t have anything to do with where the ball was spotted. Lake moved the ball up and down the field all night, just like Walsh did.

Walsh was the better team and there’s no questions about that, but the Warrior defense is God awful and they will be lucky to win 2 playoffs game this year.

It’s well known around NEO that the away team always gets screwed when traveling to Walsh. So kinda crazy dude is saying this about playing in Mentor. What’s even crazier is the Walsh fans screaming at the refs when there was 2 minutes left in the game and their team had the win sealed. I could hear them all the way on the other side of the field. Take your win and move on.

No idea what happened in this game but from past memory neither was especially dirty; on the other hand the refs at Conway were much more memorable than at JT Osbourne, and not for the right reasons.