Vanlue Football out of BVC per Courier

I think those River teams except Margaretta and Willard just need to break off and form their own as you say the SRC. Bring in Arcadia or Northwood and get to 8 or 10 football schools and should be good to go.
Willard being allowed in the River for football will turn out to be a mistake.

Willard being allowed in the River for football will turn out to be a mistake.
That might be the final nail right there. Willard will put up 60-70 points on some of those teams. Margaretta and Willard wanted to be the big boys in a small league and I think it’s caught up with them. I think those other schools should break off and bring Arcadia and Northwood into the league also.

That might be the final nail right there. Willard will put up 60-70 points on some of those teams. Margaretta and Willard wanted to be the big boys in a small league and I think it’s caught up with them. I think those other schools should break off and bring Arcadia and Northwood into the league also.
Northwood and the SBC had talks before Woodmore joined.

Arcadia would probably best be served to try for the NWCC as a full member and take Crestline's place. Now that the NWCC has added NB and CR, Crestline really seems like a haul for the league as a whole. Or does the NWCC take in Arcadia, Riverdale and Vanlue and break into two divisions?

Or does the NWCC take in Arcadia, Riverdale and Vanlue and break into two divisions?
A conference (that will never happen) that would make sense is:
Ada
Allen East
Cory-Rawson
Hardin Northern
Perry
Ridgemont
Temple Christian
Upper Scioto Valley
Waynesfield-Goshen

9 schools aren't ideal for basketball, but there are other conferences with odd numbers that you could match up with on Friday nights. That's a compact and competitive conference.

Ada
Allen East
Cory-Rawson
Hardin Northern
Perry
Ridgemont
Temple Christian
Upper Scioto Valley
Waynesfield-Goshen

9 schools aren't ideal for basketball, but there are other conferences with odd numbers that you could match up with on Friday nights. That's a compact and competitive conference.
Take out Temple and add Arlington?

I don't think you'll see the NWCC reform and leave anyone out. That group formed years ago for a reason and it's probably served it's purpose pretty well. Let's face it - its a league where small schools with dying sports programs go to nurse back to health.

odd number for football is the worst thing you can have as a high school conference in ohio.
And yet more conferences are doing it.

Firelands Conference - 7 football schools

NLL - 11 schools

OCC - 7 schools once Mt. Vernon leaves

I don't think you'll see the NWCC reform and leave anyone out. That group formed years ago for a reason and it's probably served it's purpose pretty well. Let's face it - its a league where small schools with dying sports programs go to nurse back to health.
Probably where Arcadia should go, they fit in that league WAY more than they fit in BVC. They get busted up pretty good by all the top schools, VB, Benton, Elmwood, McComb, PG, Arlington That won't change even when Benton leaves. They would be smart to look at options.

Northwood and the SBC had talks before Woodmore joined.

Arcadia would probably best be served to try for the NWCC as a full member and take Crestline's place. Now that the NWCC has added NB and CR, Crestline really seems like a haul for the league as a whole. Or does the NWCC take in Arcadia, Riverdale and Vanlue and break into two divisions?
I could see Northwood joining, they'd fit well in that league honestly. I'm not sure the entire league would much enjoy driving to Northwood for games but it's a solid fit. Woodmore & Maumee needed change the most though, it's a damn shame what has happened to those athletic programs over the last 10 years

I could see Northwood joining, they'd fit well in that league honestly. I'm not sure the entire league would much enjoy driving to Northwood for games but it's a solid fit. Woodmore & Maumee needed change the most though, it's a damn shame what has happened to those athletic programs over the last 10 years
What about Northwood or Arcadia or both to the SBC River?

And yet more conferences are doing it.

Firelands Conference - 7 football schools

NLL - 11 schools

OCC - 7 schools once Mt. Vernon leaves
TCC also has 7. BVC soon be 7? But all of them would like to be at even number but having an odd number it can be done.

TCC also has 7. BVC soon be 7? But all of them would like to be at even number but having an odd number it can be done.
The real problem is way to many schools don’t want to be in other leagues for one reason or another. Hardly any leagues have stability anymore.

What about Northwood or Arcadia or both to the SBC River?
Sounds like we're building a damn super conference in the "Sandusky Bay" region

All these weird numbered conferences need to make agreements to fill their schedule, would be cool honestly to have conference champs play every year for instance

Ada
Allen East
Cory-Rawson
Hardin Northern
Perry
Ridgemont
Temple Christian
Upper Scioto Valley
Waynesfield-Goshen

Why would Allen East ever join this conference?

Geographically, it's better than the NWC. They'd be much more competitive (frankly dominant) in this conference in many sports.
Allen East in this hypothetical league would be worse than Liberty Benton in the BVC. They might not ever have a football game within 40 points.

Geographically, it's better than the NWC. They'd be much more competitive (frankly dominant) in this conference in many sports.
This is what most schools are trying to avoid is one school just being dominant in almost everything.

Allen East in this hypothetical league would be worse than Liberty Benton in the BVC. They might not ever have a football game within 40 points.
for now. but Allen East wasn't very good at football for damn near 20 years before their recent run. they're 110-130 since 2000 with 16 losing or .500 seasons.

for now. but Allen East wasn't very good at football for damn near 20 years before their recent run. they're 110-130 since 2000 with 16 losing or .500 seasons.
Even an average AE team would run the best Ridgemont team off the field.