Vanlue Football out of BVC per Courier

Leipsic supposedly left the BVC because they wanted away from the bad/failing football programs, so they're going to go back to a league with Riverdale, Arcadia, and Van Buren?

Season 9 Shrug GIF by One Chicago

This BVC situation sure seems like it could explode all at once. Some of them would fit well with the SBC teams from the old MAL.

One crazy step at a time.

This BVC situation sure seems like it could explode all at once. Some of them would fit well with the SBC teams from the old MAL.

One crazy step at a time.
I just don’t think you’d get any of the old MAL schools to leave their current situation.

Now, something to keep an eye on is what Willard does in the River for football. That’s a program that *should* win a lot of games in the River. If they start steamrolling some of the have-nots I don’t think it will go over well.

Leipsic won't leave NWC, they fit with us well. To go back to playing Arcadia and Vanlue and then playing LB till they leave and playing Elmwood who is a bigger school. No way. BVC is a head scratcher. Can't understand any moves they make. Don't make sense.

I just don’t think you’d get any of the old MAL schools to leave their current situation.

Now, something to keep an eye on is what Willard does in the River for football. That’s a program that *should* win a lot of games in the River. If they start steamrolling some of the have-nots I don’t think it will go over well.
I believe Willard is real similar in size to both Huron and Edison. On a side note- I have friends that live in Huron and they think within my lifetime they maybe the size of Danbury because of the Vacation house rental industry and wealthy Clevelanders buying as second homes.

Gotta love him claiming that Ada and Leipsic are going to the BVC while also replying “No” to BVC/NWC realignment 🙄
Realistically only 1 can go. BVC is an 8-team football league w/ LB. I do not know if its realignment if only one chooses to switch leagues.

Realistically only 1 can go. BVC is an 8-team football league w/ LB. I do not know if its realignment if only one chooses to switch leagues.
Arcadia
Arlington
McComb
Pandora-Gilboa
Riverdale
Van Buren

That's all that's left of the BVC when LB is gone. Cory is out, North Baltimore is out, Vanlue is out, Elmwood will not be a member without LB

Arcadia
Arlington
McComb
Pandora-Gilboa
Riverdale
Van Buren

That's all that's left of the BVC when LB is gone. Cory is out, North Baltimore is out, Vanlue is out, Elmwood will not be a member without LB
Is this fact or just speculation? I would not blame them for changing their mind but where do they go from here?

I believe Willard is real similar in size to both Huron and Edison. On a side note- I have friends that live in Huron and they think within my lifetime they maybe the size of Danbury because of the Vacation house rental industry and wealthy Clevelanders buying as second homes.
Margaretta, Willard, Huron, Edison and Port Clinton are all very close in school size. It is true that instead of people in Huron selling their houses to families that would be living in Huron, instead use them as Airbnb or summer rentals or summer homes. Some of the neighborhoods along the lake in Huron are ghost towns in the winter. I won’t be surprised when Huron is eventually Div. 6 for football.

Is this fact or just speculation? I would not blame them for changing their mind but where do they go from here?
Arcadia
Arlington
McComb
Pandora-Gilboa
Riverdale
Van Buren

I think the BVC will invite Ada and they will accept. Just my opinion.

Honestly I don't know where what's left of the BVC distributes to. Everyone is a little spread out.

PG really realistically only has the NWC as an option, but they'd have to expand beyond that nice eight number.

Arlington and Riverdale would I suppose be N10 options if they expanded beyond the nice eight number, but Riverdale has already been there and tried that. The eastern schools are maybe a stretch for Arlington, but at least they have Rt. 30. Arlington would also be an NWC candidate if they expanded.

Arcadia would be an NWCC candidate, but that overloads that conference unless they give Crestline the boot for football.

Van Buren, McComb, Elmwood? I mean at one point in time Elmwood was a candidate for the old MAL and had plenty of support, so they were willing to travel east. How far? Do them and LB somehow get into some version of the SBC? Does Northwood jump into some sort of mix within a new realignment? Elmwood, Gibsonburg, Lakota, Northwood and Woodmore were most of the old SLL. Does the SBC work something out to reunite them all somehow? I don't know the answer to that or how it works. You might be able to get something brewing if SJCC drops football or goes to 8-man and Willard returns to the Bay. I suppose there are possibilities. Northwood was previously a candidate for the SBC River.

Arcadia
Arlington
McComb
Pandora-Gilboa
Riverdale
Van Buren

Would Arcadia be a good fit for the SBC River. Not counting Margaretta and Willard as I think the day comes when they’ll eventually move on from the River.

Would Arcadia be a good fit for the SBC River. Not counting Margaretta and Willard as I think the day comes when they’ll eventually move on from the River.
You eliminate Margaretta and Willard the league would be a great fit for Arcadia. If Margaretta leaves just change the name to the SRC "Sandusky River Conference" as they do not need any relationship with the SBC.

You eliminate Margaretta and Willard the league would be a great fit for Arcadia. If Margaretta leaves just change the name to the SRC "Sandusky River Conference" as they do not need any relationship with the SBC.
I think those River teams except Margaretta and Willard just need to break off and form their own as you say the SRC. Bring in Arcadia or Northwood and get to 8 or 10 football schools and should be good to go.

Honestly I don't know where what's left of the BVC distributes to. Everyone is a little spread out.

PG really realistically only has the NWC as an option, but they'd have to expand beyond that nice eight number.

Arlington and Riverdale would I suppose be N10 options if they expanded beyond the nice eight number, but Riverdale has already been there and tried that. The eastern schools are maybe a stretch for Arlington, but at least they have Rt. 30. Arlington would also be an NWC candidate if they expanded.

Arcadia would be an NWCC candidate, but that overloads that conference unless they give Crestline the boot for football.

Van Buren, McComb, Elmwood? I mean at one point in time Elmwood was a candidate for the old MAL and had plenty of support, so they were willing to travel east. How far? Do them and LB somehow get into some version of the SBC? Does Northwood jump into some sort of mix within a new realignment? Elmwood, Gibsonburg, Lakota, Northwood and Woodmore were most of the old SLL. Does the SBC work something out to reunite them all somehow? I don't know the answer to that or how it works. You might be able to get something brewing if SJCC drops football or goes to 8-man and Willard returns to the Bay. I suppose there are possibilities. Northwood was previously a candidate for the SBC River.
Also Vanlue would also need to find a home as they are still part of BVC in all sports but football. But I am not sure how many more years it will be a school.

Margaretta, Willard, Huron, Edison and Port Clinton are all very close in school size. It is true that instead of people in Huron selling their houses to families that would be living in Huron, instead use them as Airbnb or summer rentals or summer homes. Some of the neighborhoods along the lake in Huron are ghost towns in the winter. I won’t be surprised when Huron is eventually Div. 6 for football.
I noticed that around Christmas! Was at a get together with friends and it was absurdly quiet. The AirBnb trend is going to implode on itself soon though as the fees are nuts

Realistically only 1 can go. BVC is an 8-team football league w/ LB.
My question is this, what the heck is up with VanBuren. Looking at the numbers they are big compared to the smaller schools in league in fact not all that far off of Benton. But they don't appear to be doing anything.

My question is this, what the heck is up with VanBuren. Looking at the numbers they are big compared to the smaller schools in league in fact not all that far off of Benton. But they don't appear to be doing anything.
Almost like Paulding during their NWC days, one of the biggest 2 schools in the league but underachieving

I noticed that around Christmas! Was at a get together with friends and it was absurdly quiet. The AirBnb trend is going to implode on itself soon though as the fees are nuts
My buddy told me that he thinks Huron may try to outlaw it, as some families are not happy with vacationers partying everyday from June Through Labor Day

When you can pull in at least $1500 a week renting them out during summer months plus after is big fishing tournaments and once again make money from the fishermen renting them out, those fees don’t look so bad. No way Huron gets rid of this at they make a lot of money in return from vacationers. Honestly I think Huron has embraced it as it’s just what Huron is now.

My buddy told me that he thinks Huron may try to outlaw it, as some families are not happy with vacationers partying everyday from June Through Labor Day
Outlaw it, no, don't think that will happen. Regulate it would be more like it

Last edited:
It has to be coaching as their school student mix is not that different than LB. Guessing they are also losing a few athletes to LB and are not attracting athletes from Findlay because they haven't done much winning.

Willard - 358
Edison - 318
huron - 316