Ukraine Whistleblower

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Alot of discussion about this on TV. Couple things that I've noticed:

1. Trump seems to be very confident. Almost like he's already looked at all the information available and knows he did nothing wrong. Just waiting on the story to unfold and deliver the information to undercut those pushing the narrative.

2. Biden is being very quiet. What does he know and why has he gone silent? Is he worried about this bombshell turning on him and his son?

Kind of interesting that this is two stories about high ranking public officials withholding funds from the Ukraine for their personal benefit. Vice President Biden withholding $1.2 billion to get the prosecutor that was going after his son fired and President Trump withholding $400 million to investigate the former VP and his son.

The fact that the White House has leaked the news that Trump withheld aid to Ukraine just days before he asked them to investigate Biden indicates that there's actually an even worse scandal that they're trying to cover up

I mean what they're copping to is really bad, but I can think of some worse things that the whistleblower complaint reveals.

Biden hasn't gone silent at all. He's pushing the issue in every interview he gives to try to raise his profile and be seen as the most dangerous challenger to Trump. Sounds like @Yappi started with a conclusion and then worked backwards to try to fit the narrative he wanted.

I think ultimately this will amount to Trump encouraging Ukraine to launch an investigation, but not tying it to any sort of aid commitment. Which while not an ideal look, is not a big deal.

If he explicitly tied their willingness to investigate to sending them our taxpayer money, that's a different story. But I think that's unlikely.

Here's a solid commentary on what's going on:

A foreign natural gas company brings a top US politician’s son onto its board, even though he has no relevant expertise, for $50,000 a month. The politician travels to that country and demands the removal of a prosecutor who’s investigating the company. That prosecutor then gets axed, and the investigation shut down.

Imagine the son was Eric Trump, and the politician Donald Trump. Would the media be dismissing it as nothing worth looking at, a “debunked” issue?

No question that Trump stepped on his own johnson yet again with this...but there's also no question that in the end it'll end up looking worse for Biden than Trump.

Alot of discussion about this on TV. Couple things that I've noticed:

1. Trump seems to be very confident. Almost like he's already looked at all the information available and knows he did nothing wrong. Just waiting on the story to unfold and deliver the information to undercut those pushing the narrative.

2. Biden is being very quiet. What does he know and why has he gone silent? Is he worried about this bombshell turning on him and his son?

Kind of interesting that this is two stories about high ranking public officials withholding funds from the Ukraine for their personal benefit. Vice President Biden withholding $1.2 billion to get the prosecutor that was going after his son fired and President Trump withholding $400 million to investigate the former VP and his son.

I think this is probably right Yappi. Trump is aware that there are serious problems with what Joe & Hunter Biden have been doing in the Ukraine. It's perfectly appropriate for the POTUS to hold up hundreds of millions of dollars in aid until he receives a promise that the Ukrainians will investigate any wrongdoings by the Biden's, especially Uncle Joe as he was in the government at the time. As long as Trump is asking for a fair investigation I see NOTHING wrong with it.

BTW, chronology is important here. Whatever the Biden's may have done, and it still needs to be shown that they did anything, happened BEFORE Trump talked to the Ukrainian leader. Again as POTUS Trump has a responsibility to learn about any possible corruption senior government officials (Biden was a Senator & VP over this period) may have committed.

Why would Trump want to release $400,000,000 to a foreign government that aided & abetted a senior American politician breaking US law? IF the Biden's pulled this crap and IF Uncle Joe blackmailed the Ukraine into firing a prosecutor that was investigating his son the President has a right to get all the information before handing over so much money. It really comes down to doing his job and Trump is doing his job here.

Next up: The Biden's and China - stay tuned.

If Trump did nothing wrong then a simple fix is to release the transcript to the gang of 8. Simple... They see almost as much intelligence as he does so no big deal there.

No question that Trump stepped on his own johnson yet again with this...but there's also no question that in the end it'll end up looking worse for Biden than Trump.

I agree as this is how it always ends up with Trump and his crisis.

I would argue that Trump may not have stepped on his johnson here. Chronology is important and since Trump can claim he was aware of evidence that Biden, while a Senator and/or VP, broke US law in his dealings with the Ukraine he was obligated to ask the current Ukrainian leader to look into it. I mean who else can ask the Ukraine's president?

I think in the end Trump will have plausible deniability that all he was doing was looking for political dirt on Biden. What Uncle Joe and his son are alleged to have done here is a serious breach of American law in dealing with foreign governments.

If Trump did nothing wrong then a simple fix is to release the transcript to the gang of 8. Simple... They see almost as much intelligence as he does so no big deal there.

NO government whether democrat or republican casually releases this stuff on demand. It sets a bad precedent in their eyes.

And as Yappi noted, maybe Trump is just playing this along, extending it out so in the end when it turns into a big nothing burger he can crow about it even more.

I agree as this is how it always ends up with Trump and his crisis.

I would argue that Trump may not have stepped on his johnson here. Chronology is important and since Trump can claim he was aware of evidence that Biden, while a Senator and/or VP, broke US law in his dealings with the Ukraine he was obligated to ask the current Ukrainian leader to look into it. I mean who else can ask the Ukraine's president?

Gotta agree with Neo here. While it's entirely possible that he did nothing wrong, even at best it's a pretty bad look.

The fact that the White House has leaked the news that Trump withheld aid to Ukraine just days before he asked them to investigate Biden indicates that there's actually an even worse scandal that they're trying to cover up

I mean what they're copping to is really bad, but I can think of some worse things that the whistleblower complaint reveals.
Don't you mean "hope"?

Have to admit its fun to watch you chase all these stories around in the hopes something sticks to Trump. Kind of like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Ever notice how sad the cat looks when the laser dot goes away?

Gotta agree with Neo here. While it's entirely possible that he did nothing wrong, even at best it's a pretty bad look.

Whether it's a "bad look" depends on whether the MSM reporting of what happened here is correct. Based on my experiences to date that seems doubtful. But I guess we'll see.

Sure, the MSM paints a dark picture of Trump calling up the Ukraine president badgering him for political dirt on Biden's son. And then when the Ukrainian president hesitates Trump threatens that maybe he won't release the $400,000,000 aid package. Now that looks bad. And maybe this is how it actually went down.

On the other hand I suspect Trump was a little more sophisticated in his conversation. More along the lines of how we take it seriously when senior American officials meddle in another county's business. Like what a Senator or VP may have done to protect their son. If you have any information I need to see it before sending a huge amount of tax payer money to your country. And I'm okay if you take some time to investigate this.

BTW, chronology is important here. Whatever the Biden's may have done, and it still needs to be shown that they did anything, happened BEFORE Trump talked to the Ukrainian leader. Again as POTUS Trump has a responsibility to learn about any possible corruption senior government officials (Biden was a Senator & VP over this period) may have committed.

You nailed it here lotr10. It's obvious that Biden and his son were up to politics and personal business as usual here. What's pretty sad is that if this were reversed and it was Trump's son it would be all over the news but for now it's only news because MSM and the Democrats are about to begin Russia II with this. They will focus only on Trump when the real crime that was committed was by the Bidens. Every day that goes by simply amazes me how the hypocrisy of the left continues to shine so bright.

Whether it's a "bad look" depends on whether the MSM reporting of what happened here is correct. Based on my experiences to date that seems doubtful. But I guess we'll see.

Sure, the MSM paints a dark picture of Trump calling up the Ukraine president badgering him for political dirt on Biden's son. And then when the Ukrainian president hesitates Trump threatens that maybe he won't release the $400,000,000 aid package. Now that looks bad. And maybe this is how it actually went down.

On the other hand I suspect Trump was a little more sophisticated in his conversation. More along the lines of how we take it seriously when senior American officials meddle in another county's business. Like what a Senator or VP may have done to protect their son. If you have any information I need to see it before sending a huge amount of tax payer money to your country. And I'm okay if you take some time to investigate this.

To be clear, my stance at this point is there are basically 3 possibilities

1.) this whole thing is made up and he never asked Ukraine to investigate Biden - I'd say this is unlikely but certainly not impossible.

2.) He pressured Ukraine to investigate, but did not tie it to aid money. This would not be a great look, but not a huge deal. I think this is the most likely scenario to have occurred.

3.) He explicitly tied taxpayer dollars to Ukraine's willingness to investigate a political opponent. This would be bad, but I think is unlikely.

Last edited:
To be clear, my stance at this point is there are basically 3 possibilities

1.) this whole thing is made up and he never asked Ukraine to investigate Biden - I'd say this is unlikely but not certainly not impossible.

2.) He pressured Ukraine to investigate, but did not tie it to aid money. This would not be a great look, but not a huge deal. I think this is the most likely scenario to have occurred.

3.) He explicitly tied taxpayer dollars to Ukraine's willingness to investigate a political opponent. This would be bad, but I think is unlikely.
You think there is a reason they are running interference on the IG (trump appointee) Report?

Is it also weird that Trumps personal attorney (hatchet man) Rudy is right in the middle of this?

Joe is Done 4 !!!!! - too many Holes in the Whistle like someone made it Up

Trump brought this on to Expose Joe - Rudy was deployed by Two heads of State asking him to go and meet with 2 Ukrainians on Neutral grounds He came back - reported to the Heads of State, just as he was asked to do.

Uncle Joe Biteme is a Swamp Monster - he took advantage of the Political situation
Expected Hildabeast to win and Never get caught !!!

His kid is a piece of Work - Left wife and 3 Kids for his Late Brother Beau's Widow
and Left her and then in this Past May Met and Married a Different woman all in the same month

Joe is Done 4 !!!!! - too many Holes in the Whistle like someone made it Up

Trump brought this on to Expose Joe - Rudy was deployed by Two heads of State asking him to go and meet with 2 Ukrainians on Neutral grounds He came back - reported to the Heads of State, just as he was asked to do.

Uncle Joe Biteme is a Swamp Monster - he took advantage of the Political situation
Expected Hildabeast to win and Never get caught !!!

His kid is a piece of Work - Left wife and 3 Kids for his Late Brother Beau's Widow
and Left her and then in this Past May Met and Married a Different woman all in the same month
Wife-hopping probably isn’t something you wanna smear someone else for if you’re a trump supporter. The dude was busy getting spanked with a magazine by a p0rn Star while his wife was at home taking care of their newborn

Now Trump saying he did threaten to withhold funds...but because he thinks other European countries should chip in lol

Wife-hopping probably isn’t something you wanna smear ...

he did his Dying Brothers Wife - while he had a wife and 3 kids at home
F'n Low Lifer

Ex claims Hunter Biden blew money on hookers, drugs

2manyfats is really worked up over what Hunter Biden does ....
Sound like a Top Executive Hedge Fund manager that can land 1.5 Billion from China
while traveling with Daddy on Airforce 2 - NOT

check out the Daughter Videos - Snortin' some Blow - Biden's kids are No comparison to Trump's

All aid should be withheld to all countries.

Foreign aid is paid for with taxation which is theft.

Bad people.

The White House admitted that the aid to Ukraine was delayed but it wasn't tied to them investigating...

Sounds like an implied implication....

How can anyone talk about the "swamp" and not think this is swampish.....

What is really strange is that a few outlets have pointed out that the "whistleblower" doesn't even have 1st-hand knowledge of what they are alleging...….. so it's not really a whistleblower so much as it is a rumor.

The White House admitted that the aid to Ukraine was delayed but it wasn't tied to them investigating...

Sounds like an implied implication....

How can anyone talk about the "swamp" and not think this is swampish.....

Sound like the opposite ..............a president demanding accountability.

When the hel! was the last time we had a politician do that????

Get in the game.

Reactions: y2h
What is really strange is that a few outlets have pointed out that the "whistleblower" doesn't even have 1st-hand knowledge of what they are alleging...….. so it's not really a whistleblower so much as it is a rumor.

It is the deep state essentially spying (AGAIN) on the president, and leaking it for the benefit of the left and their media allies.

It is absolutely treasonous.