UC Bearcats

Recent good hires for UC football….

Brian Kelly as a relatively young and very successful head coach in the MAC and also at Grand Valley.

Luke Fickell was a young DC at OSU with a season as head coach at OSU.

Some people don’t like him, but I would’ve preferred Prime Time, or a good young head coach in the MAC or a similar conference.

Satterfield, much like Tuberville, seems way too comfortable.

Yes. Sadly. I see the rest of the season like this
vs Oklahoma L
at BYU L
vs Iowa St W
vs Baylor W
at Oklahoma State L
vs UCF L
at Houston W
at West Virginia L
vs Kansas L
Well sadly, I think you may have been right and myself dead wrong. What a mess the offense is right now. Feels like it may be time to go to one of the younger QBs. They also need OL help ASAP. If the offense continues to struggle it may be time for Satt to relinquish play-calling, bring in a true OC to do it.

The season is officially a wash unless something magically changes next week.

I don't personally place too much blame on Emory for the mess. He's pretty much performing at the same level as he did over his last 2 seasons at Florida and Arizona St. He is who he is as a QB in year 6 of his college career. If the coaching staff chose him over Ben Bryant, it's on them to take his tools and mold them to put the team in the best position to win.

The season is officially a wash unless something magically changes next week.
Even if they win next week, they appear to be headed toward a losing season … they’d have to spring an upset in at least one of these games: at Oklahoma State, at West Virginia, vs Kansas. At best, UC will be an underdog in those three games, with the other three being possible toss-up games.

The best thing that could happen is a complete on-field implosion, crashing to a 3-9 or 2-10 record, followed by a total house cleaning of the staff.

Well sadly, I think you may have been right and myself dead wrong. What a mess the offense is right now. Feels like it may be time to go to one of the younger QBs. They also need OL help ASAP. If the offense continues to struggle it may be time for Satt to relinquish play-calling, bring in a true OC to do it.
I’d prefer to have been wrong.😕

“The best thing that could happen is a complete on-field implosion, crashing to a 3-9 or 2-10 record, followed by a total house cleaning of the staff.”

Sad but true! This is what I’m now rooting for.

I’m pretty sure I’ve only ever seen a KO fumble recover returned for a touchdown like that in cartoons. Sick 2 point play. The play calling in general though is downright terrible.

UC needs to right the course and can Satterfield after this season. It’s pretty clear he’s going to drag the program down to the mediocrity he displayed at Louisville.
He was truely mediocre at UL, but what we've seen so far in year one of his tenure promises much worse than UC being mediocre. I think the first year is critical to recruiting, and after this how can there not be a significant fall-off? Satterfield is quickly burning through the "reputation collateral" that Fickel (and others) left behind.

What a dumpster fire at UC. Not ready for prime time. They can't compete in the Big 12. Maybe never will!
They blew it with this hire of Satterfiield. Why Cunningham jumped on him so quickly just doesn't make sense. Brohm cleaned house at Louisville and brought in a bunch of atalent from the portal and look at the difference. I believe UC is in for a few lean years with this hire and can only hope Satterfield's eventual replacement is a better quality coach. His record at Louisville did not warrant this job at UC.

Last edited:
Starting to turn on Cunningham too. A neutral-away with Nebraska in Indy then Lincoln and Nebraska gets 25% of the gate tickets in Indy. What the hell kind of decision is that?

Starting to turn on Cunningham too. A neutral-away with Nebraska in Indy then Lincoln and Nebraska gets 25% of the gate tickets in Indy. What the hell kind of decision is that?
I don’t understand why it’s not at Paycor. As is, it’s going to be like one of those games in Evanston where there’s just as many Nebraska fans as the home team. Especially if they keep Satterfield around to continue ruining the program.

They blew it with this hire of Satterfiield. Why Cunningham jumped on him so quickly just doesn't make sense. Brohm cleaned house at Louisville and brought in a bunch of atalent from the portal and look at the difference. I believe UC is in for a few lean years with this hire and can only hope Satterfield's evetual replacement is a better quality coach. His record at Louisville did not warrant this job at UC.

From what I heard from a family friend who is a big booster was that Satterfield was a last minute hire to beat the transfer portal deadline.

Willie Fritz from Tulane was set to be the hire but he changed his mind just before he got on the plane to sign the contract. Whether it was just personal or some last minute big booster New Orleans donation, it really screwed UC and essentially left them a day left before the transfer portal opened.

UC was put in a bind, either take the time to find a better hire but miss out on most of the transfer portal or find someone who went through the interview process but wasn't one of your finalist but can get recruiting right away. With the Big 12 debut they chose the short term advantage over the long term success. Unfortunately it doesn't look like either are going to work out.

They blew it with this hire of Satterfiield. Why Cunningham jumped on him so quickly just doesn't make sense. Brohm cleaned house at Louisville and brought in a bunch of atalent from the portal and look at the difference. I believe UC is in for a few lean years with this hire and can only hope Satterfield's eventual replacement is a better quality coach. His record at Louisville did not warrant this job at UC.

I ain't quite ready for Satterfield to run for Senator from North Carolina just yet.....When you lose five straight and lose to Miami for the first time since Roethlisberger was up there, folks are gonna' get a little pissed. Let's give Satterfield a little more time to get his guys and install his culture before we run him off. Plus, it would cost us about $22 Million to make him go away.

I ain't quite ready for Satterfield to run for Senator from North Carolina just yet.....When you lose five straight and lose to Miami for the first time since Roethlisberger was up there, folks are gonna' get a little pissed. Let's give Satterfield a little more time to get his guys and install his culture before we run him off. Plus, it would cost us about $22 Million to make him go away.
I'm not being a smartarse but what exactly did he do at Louisville to warrant taking a team into the BIG12?

I'm not being a smartarse but what exactly did he do at Louisville to warrant taking a team into the BIG12?
No......I get the frustration. Hell, I've been a season ticket holder for Bearcat football since Tim Murphy was the coach and left us to take the job at friggin' Harvard. It ain't easy right now watching Braden Smith handle kicks like they was hand grenades, or Emory Jones stare down his receivers and then miss em' by ten feet. All's I'm saying is let's give it a little more time. Hiring football coaches is a crap shoot. For every Frank Beamer there are a thousand Scott Frosts and Ty Willinghams. Remember Norvells first couple of seasons at Florida State?

This is insane. Nippert is an awesome place to see a game and the crowd is a definite advantage for UC. This game in Indy makes no sense.

This is insane. Nippert is an awesome place to see a game and the crowd is a definite advantage for UC. This game in Indy makes no sense.
Nippert realistically isn’t big enough to handle Nebraska’s large traveling crowd, which is probably why it got moved.