Trump to save BIG season

They are already going to play. The final touches are being completed for a resumption of the season.

We get it.
He could cure cancer, AIDS and end world hunger before lunch and you would find a way to not give him any credit.

Are you saying that he actually saved the season ? lol I mean he is very capable , of doing things like curing cancer, ending world hunger et al . Very big brain and tremendous intellectual firepower. Love the guy nodding along as if this isn't embarrassing inane muttering

Kevin Warren does not have the power to unilaterally reverse course. We all know that, right? Also, the Big Ten statement is basically saying Kevin Warren took the call because it was POTUS, and after the call, circumstances around cancellation have not changed. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact that the conference contains six swing states.

We get it.
He could cure cancer, AIDS and end world hunger before lunch and you would find a way to not give him any credit.
The Conference is already working on a plan to start sooner than anticipated when they postponed the season. Once finalized it will need to be voted on by the member schools. There is nothing Trump can offer. They have all the testing they need. This was well in the works and is just Trump trying to be opportunistic. Any other assertion is just bafoonery.

This will not happen, but if Trump's help enabled the B1G to walk back their decision that "will not be revisited", I think we can put PA, OH, MI, WI, MN, and IA in red on the electoral map, and maybe MD. NJ and IL are hopeless People's Republics. Those Nebraskans are Forever Trumpers regardless. LOL.

Have to remember that the myocarditis thing (which isn't a new thing, but the narrative is that anything related to covid is new and the deadliest thing ever) is what the B1G cowards focused on - the uncertainty of it - to justify that the risks were just too great. Unless Trump finds a cure for that, the presidents can hang onto myocarditis to justify their decision. I don't think Don is likely to fix that particular problem.

At this point, I will be happy with a Tgiving start - which seems to me to be a walk-back of a sort from "spring", but I think they can spin it to make it look like they didn't panic and cancel too early and without just cause.

"Spring was just one option, but the intention all along has been to have a season as soon as the risks were manageable. With this new information, we feel comfortable starting in late November." Translation: "Yeah, we made the decision too early and on some debatable grounds, but we never anticipated the blowback we got, and with other leagues and high schools playing successfully, we are willing to plead guilty to being over-cautious, but not to being the morons we are."

This will not happen, but if Trump's help enabled the B1G to walk back their decision that "will not be revisited", I think we can put PA, OH, MI, WI, MN, and IA in red on the electoral map, and maybe MD. NJ and IL are hopeless People's Republics. Those Nebraskans are Forever Trumpers regardless. LOL.

Have to remember that the myocarditis thing (which isn't a new thing, but the narrative is that anything related to covid is new and the deadliest thing ever) is what the B1G cowards focused on - the uncertainty of it - to justify that the risks were just too great. Unless Trump finds a cure for that, the presidents can hang onto myocarditis to justify their decision. I don't think Don is likely to fix that particular problem.

At this point, I will be happy with a Tgiving start - which seems to me to be a walk-back of a sort from "spring", but I think they can spin it to make it look like they didn't panic and cancel too early and without just cause.

"Spring was just one option, but the intention all along has been to have a season as soon as the risks were manageable. With this new information, we feel comfortable starting in late November." Translation: "Yeah, we made the decision too early and on some debatable grounds, but we never anticipated the blowback we got, and with other leagues and high schools playing successfully, we are willing to plead guilty to being over-cautious, but not to being the morons we are."

I don't think MD and NJ even care if they play football.

I don't think MD and NJ even care if they play football.
You got a point there. Rutgers has been so out-classed since they came into the league, but if Scianno can get them more competitive, fans will jump on the bandwagon. Seems like Maryland cares but adapting to B1G play, coaching changes, scandals, controversies, QB injuries, and one very tragic death has kept that program down.

I’ve got no issue using government tests for football IF the nursing homes have adequate amounts of testing for ALL the nursing facilities first. Protecting our most vulnerable citizens is more important than the buckeyes.

I’ve got no issue using government tests for football IF the nursing homes have adequate amounts of testing for ALL the nursing facilities first. Protecting our most vulnerable citizens is more important than the buckeyes.
It's not a matter of if they have enough testing for nursing homes... they do. The nursing homes don't want to test any more than they are required to. Positive test are very bad for business.
Who wants to put grandma/grandpa in a known Covid hotspot? I mean except for Cuomo.

It's not a matter of if they have enough testing for nursing homes... they do. The nursing homes don't want to test any more than they are required to. Positive test are very bad for business.
Who wants to put grandma/grandpa in a known Covid hotspot? I mean except for Cuomo.

Which is why the minimum amount of testing needs to increase to reflect more testing capacity. These are our most vulnerable citizens we need to treat them as such.

I live with an RN works at a nursing home. She would beg to differ about nursing homes having enough testing. The situation is better but it’s not where it needs to be.

Which is why the minimum amount of testing needs to increase to reflect more testing capacity. These are our most vulnerable citizens we need to treat them as such.

I live with an RN works at a nursing home. She would beg to differ about nursing homes having enough testing. The situation is better but it’s not where it needs to be.
I have a daughter who works in a nursing home. The management is very leery of testing any more than the absolute minimum. They know it is bad for business.

The nursing staff would love to see far more extensive testing but management says no way.

I'm not satisfied with a Thanksgiving start. Goodbye playoffs, at that point why even play? Glorified scrimmages.