• Guilty: Second-degree manslaughter

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Not Guilty: All Charges

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At it's core, the trial is fairly straight forward. You have the video and the two independent coroner's reports that say cause of death was affixation by homicide. The prosecution will also attack Chauvin's past racist statements and his 19 excessive force complaints. The defense will obviously attack the character of Floyd, claim the force was justified, and say he died of drugs. I will be interested to see if there is anything else of substance introduced or if it is as straight forward as it seems.
What does the official coroner's report say?

never ever been in the court, i was a big fan of LA LAW.... but once the charges are filed, that is what they will be charged with, it can't be lowered once the court precedings have started?
I believe they charged him with 2nd, 3rd, and manslaughter.

The opening statement is not even over and it is unrecoverable for the defense. After watching that, it would seem to me that the only possible conclusions on the crime is 2nd or 3rd degree murder.
ProV and I actually agree on something.

I said this when the incident first happened and I saw the video. After taking years of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and knowing that police officers are trained in such grappling techniques by BJJ black belts the officer knew that an air choke (vs a blood choke, which is much faster) like a knee on the neck can ONLY be used to subdue a suspect for AT MOST about 2 minutes. At 4 minutes they are dead.

He was on his neck for nearly 9 minutes.

I said the day the incident happened and I saw the 9+ minute video that this was 2nd or 3rd degree murder, not 1st.

i have heard that maybe the prosecutor OVER charged the cop... also wasn't the knee to the back in his training?
That will be addressed during the trail. The prosecution will call witnesses from the Hennepin County Police Department that supposedly say doing what he did was not what he was trained to do.

That will be addressed during the trail. The prosecution will call witnesses from the Hennepin County Police Department that supposedly say doing what he did was not what he was trained to do.
Maybe they will bring in the lady Floyd shoved the gun into her pregnant belly to vouch for his character.

The defense does have a murky cause of death to work with in the sense that there were multiple factors: heart disease, drug abuse, excessive adrenal output, resisting arrest, delirium/panic attack, and more.

The prosecutor addressed that by saying Floyd lived with all of the pre-existing factors until he was arrested on May 25, but I think there is plenty there to muck up the COD and create reasonable doubt on that issue. The defense saying that there was no bruising or petechiae in the neck tissue goes against mechanical asphyxiation as the COD.

But I just keep coming back to the 4+ minutes the knee was on the neck after the man was quiet and motionless. That's going to be a tough thing for the jury to not apply reason and common sense to.
From the way the law reads multiple potential causes of death do not matter. The prosecution only needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the officer's actions were one of those causes. Not sure how you can watch the video and say that what he did was a cause.

What does the official coroner's report say?
The full Hennepin County Medical Examiner Office's (HCME) report was released shortly after, saying the cause of death was homicide by "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdural, restraint, and neck compression."

How cool would it be if Chauvin was found not guilty?
It only takes one juror. I foresee a mistrial or hung jury. I’d rather see them sacrifice the cop then deal with the death and destruction that would occur if the outcome is unacceptable to some. Although I’m not sure it would matter.

Last edited:
Why are you going to cry to the mods again? ?
I never said a word to them. Go ahead and ask them. They just got sick of your obsession and tried to help you. If they had spoken with me, I would have told them that it would have done no good and that you would just find another thread. You are right on schedule.

I never said a word to them. Go ahead and ask them. They just got sick of your obsession and tried to help you. If they had spoken with me, I would have told them that it would have done no good and that you would just find another thread. You are right on schedule.
So I guess what you're attempting to babble about is that I can't post on any thread you happen to meander on? But I know if I had blurted out something as stupid as you did I'd want it deleted as well.

So I guess what you're attempting to babble about is that I can't post on any thread you happen to meander on? But I know if I had blurted out something as stupid as you did I'd want it deleted as well.
No. The point was to warn him not to do what you did that had moderators delete threads. You could not help yourself, they tried, and now I am just trying to help the next guy. You can post on threads, you can respond to me, but if all you end up doing is repeatedly and compulsively saying "you paid for sex", like the child you claimed to be in college, you just may find the thread canceled. Take accountability for your actions for once.

No. The point was to warn him not to do what you did that had moderators delete threads. You could not help yourself, they tried, and now I am just trying to help the next guy. You can post on threads, you can respond to me, but if all you end up doing is repeatedly and compulsively saying "you paid for sex", like the child you claimed to be in college, you just may find the thread canceled. Take accountability for your actions for once.
Ummm YOU kept creepily talking about how glorious your foray into illegal sex was, not me. YOU continued to post about it trying to justify your degenerate behavior. Just own it, that you're a pervy scumbag and quit ruining threads.

Ummm YOU kept creepily talking about how glorious your foray into illegal sex was, not me. YOU continued to post about it trying to justify your degenerate behavior. Just own it, that you're a pervy scumbag and quit ruining threads.
No I posted about it once, and that would have been the end of it until you captained a an insane freak-out about Spa services and did not stop until threads got deleted.. I'm done discussing this with you. The moderators have spoken. Take the hint you sicko.

Be careful. You will get this thread deleted for being a sicko like SayMyName did .

:rolleyes:
Yeah. I am not the guy that diverted the thread to handy's. My response was just a warning not to have the same thing happen to this one.

No I posted about it once, and that would have been the end of it until you captained a an insane freak-out about Spa services and did not stop until threads got deleted.. I'm done discussing this with you. The moderators have spoken. Take the hint you sicko.
LMAO, I'd be embarrassed as well.....

It only takes one juror. I foresee a mistrial or hung jury. I’d rather see them sacrifice the cop then deal with the death and destruction that would occur if the outcome is unacceptable to some. Although I’m not sure it would matter.
The outcome will never be acceptable unless they skin him alive on national TV

Ladies and Gentlemen , meet the world's worst witness.

That prosecutor has got to wondering why he's the one who was picked to examine this nitwit.