Top Running Back not in the HOF?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Of those RBs that are eligible for the HOF, who is the top running back waiting for their Gold Jacket?

I think Pete Johnson gets in right after Bobbie Clark - may he RIP.

I was surprised to see 31 guys have rushed for over 10,000 yards in their NFL career, Corey Dillon is 20th with 4 guys ahead of him who have not yet made the HOF:
3rd - Frank Gore (16,000 yards)
5th - Adrian Peterson (14,918 yards)
17th - Fred Taylor (11,695 yards)
18th - Stephen Jackson (11,438 yards)
20th - Corey Dillon (11,241 yards)
22nd - LeSean McCoy (11,102 yards)

***McCoy had about 150 less carries than Dillon
***Pete Johnson had about 5,600 yards.

I would say I’m guessing Zeeman was joking about Pete Johnson & the HOF by the did say KC DT Chris Jones was as good as the Rams DT Larry Donald

Thought this was an interesting question, so I looked up the ones that are in. The HOF started in 1963 and there are only 25 RBs in the HOF. I would have guessed a lot more than that.

I was surprised to see 31 guys have rushed for over 10,000 yards in their NFL career, Corey Dillon is 20th with 4 guys ahead of him who have not yet made the HOF:

I would say I’m guessing Zeeman was joking about Pete Johnson & the HOF by the did say KC DT Chris Jones was as good as the Rams DT Larry Donald
Who the fulk is Larry Donald?

I'm guessing that Gore and Peterson aren't eligible yet - I think they both just retired a year or two ago. Actually, is Peterson even officially retired?

I'm guessing that Gore and Peterson aren't eligible yet - I think they both just retired a year or two ago. Actually, is Peterson even officially retired?
Didn't Peterson just play or have a tryout with the Titans this season after Henry's injury? I know Peterson played w/ the Lions on Thanksgiving either last year or the year before, so he's definitely not HoF eligible yet.

Pretty sure Gore hasn't been retired long enough to be eligible either.

I'm also not sure how long McCoy has been retired. He might be on the edge of 5 years.

Peterson played a game or two this year with the Titans and Seahawks. I believe Gore did not play this year, this he would have 4 more years until he is eligible for the HOF.

Didn't Peterson just play or have a tryout with the Titans this season after Henry's injury? I know Peterson played w/ the Lions on Thanksgiving either last year or the year before, so he's definitely not HoF eligible yet.

Just looked it up - according to NFL.com, Peterson played 3 games for the Titans and 1 game for Seattle this year.

Are those rushing yards only?

LELL - Yes, those were rushing yards only.

Six guys have over a 1,000 rushing yards in post season play:
1) Emmitt Smith, 1,586
2) Franco Harris, 1,556
3) Thurman Thomas, 1,442
4) Tony Dorset, 1,383
5) Marcus Allen, 1,347
6) Terrell Davis, 1,140

LELL - Yes, those were rushing yards only.

Six guys have over a 1,000 rushing yards in post season play:
1) Emmitt Smith, 1,586
2) Franco Harris, 1,556
3) Thurman Thomas, 1,442
4) Tony Dorset, 1,383
5) Marcus Allen, 1,347
6) Terrell Davis, 1,140
Quite a list. RBs need to have hands IMHO. It would be nice if they would also include their receiving yards.

Quite a list. RBs need to have hands IMHO. It would be nice if they would also include their receiving yards.
Here's a list of total yards from scrimmage:

Of those RBs on that list that are eligible, I think Tiki Barber and Edgerrin James are the highest non-HOF players.

Zeeman - I listed the NFL all time top rushers who were not in the HOF who were ahead of Dillon, that is why Peterson was listed.

Anything else you need help with?

BTW, the number of HOF RBs is going to shrink drastically in the next few years. Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, and probably Marshawn Lynch will get in. However, the only active RB that’s a lock is Derrick Henry. I’d say Jonathan Taylor & Nick Chubb are on their way, but they have to stay healthy and that’s incredibly hard to do as a RB in the NFL. Look at how Ezekial Elliot and Christian McCaffery hit a wall. McCaffery might get back to an elite level if healthy but Elliot is done.

BTW, the number of HOF RBs is going to shrink drastically in the next few years. Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, and probably Marshawn Lynch will get in. However, the only active RB that’s a lock is Derrick Henry. I’d say Jonathan Taylor & Nick Chubb are on their way, but they have to stay healthy and that’s incredibly hard to do as a RB in the NFL. Look at how Ezekial Elliot and Christian McCaffery hit a wall. McCaffery might get back to an elite level if healthy but Elliot is done.
McCaffery might be wise to call it a career. That said, the Panthers have been shet without him.

I would vote for Roger Craig. After all this time he wont get in (unless it's by veterans committee) but his total yards and TDs from scrimmage rival some of the others on that list from WJ OSU Steelers