Top 10 in cincinnati?

I'm sorry i agree that anderson is not the best team but to say we will KNOW who the best team is after West plays Moeller is wrong. We will have to wait until the end of the season to have a good idea of who is the best team and until then we can only speculate.

yes lax99, i see what you're saying. what it appeared to me that everyone was saying who was the best team in cincy RIGHT NOW. thats why I said that we would know after the moeller-west game. of course we would all know who the best team was at the end of the season, stats dont lie. but i should've been more direct in what i was meaning to say in my comment, so thank you for showing the error in what i said.

Whoa, freak out! Anderson, Moeller, and CCD are the only legitamite state contenders you named. Dublin Jerome 10 goaled Mariemont, who was also beat by ccd. Indian Hill is way overrated, and Sycamore and Lakota West just aren't good enough. Moeller lost to IH, and are borderline .500. Try and deny that this is a down year for cincy all you want, but you are just flat out wrong.

Just rambling here............Sycamore has been in D2 only the last couple years. Before that they were D1, so their move to D1 this year is not that big of a deal. Moeller is much better this year than last, since last year was a disaster. They should take the R4 region title, but they are not as good as last year's Bombers which lost to UA by 1 goal in the last minute of the state semi's. If they had won that game they would have killed WK in the finals. I don't believe that Moeller can compete against the UA's and Jerome's of the world. Speaking of Jerome, they are real good this year, but they will be losing all their seniors next year, which is about 99.99% of their team.

Natti said:
Just rambling here............Sycamore has been in D2 only the last couple years. Before that they were D1, so their move to D1 this year is not that big of a deal. Moeller is much better this year than last, since last year was a disaster. They should take the R4 region title, but they are not as good as last year's Bombers which lost to UA by 1 goal in the last minute of the state semi's. If they had won that game they would have killed WK in the finals. I don't believe that Moeller can compete against the UA's and Jerome's of the world. Speaking of Jerome, they are real good this year, but they will be losing all their seniors next year, which is about 99.99% of their team.
didn't MOE get beat by IH are you totally discounting them

No, I'm not discounting IH, they are good and can also take the R4 title. I just think Moeller will. But come tournament time anything can happen. Except for the initial seeding, its like a new season. Injuires will play a part in who wins the R4 crown. Don't discount Lakota. But the main point I'm trying to make is that I don't believe that Cinci has a team that can win at the next level this year, against the Columbus teams.

You guys are all very dumb. it is obvious that Lakota West and Moeller are the top two teams in the Cincinnati area. Moeller did win when they played, but West has not lost to any other Cincinnati team. They have blown out nearly every other nati team. Although they are yet to play IH or Sycamore, they beat St. X, Anderson, and Mariemont by a decent amount. It is all going to come down to who plays best in the tourny. So far it is West and Moeller leading, and everyone else just falling behind. If Moe plays West in the tourney that will be the game for the Cincinnati teams to see who will do best this year in the tourny.

I dont agree with that at all. Moeller played West on their spring and didnt play that well or hard at all. The only guy that came to play was Troja who had six goals. Moeller looked three times better than Lakota even though the score was somewhat close until the fourth quarter. Lakota has a few good players, mainly middies but as a team moeller is alot better and should handle them if they face in the playoffs. Indian Hill is better than Lakota and should also beat them. The city championship should come down to Indian Hill and Moeller. With Moeller looking like they finally clicked last night beating Mariemont 18-6, i like moeller to win the city with Indian Hill in second followed by Lakota and then St. X.

on the crease said:
moex, i agree. cincy lacrosse is pretty much the same this year. although as you said, saint x is down from an unusually good 2005. moeller is better in 2006 than 2005. be nice if cincy could win a state d1 title sometime soon.
You can't say X had an unusually good year last year, they made it to the final four in 2004 as well as 2005, and city champs in 2004 and 2005 you can't say last year was "unusual" because they have been very good in the past, i was at the Final four game vs UA, they got shafted by the refs on more than a few plays. they were dominating the whole game. They should've won the DI state championship last year, if anyone was at the game, it was theres. They are now known for a powerhouse in Cincy but with the young guys this year it may take a couple years to build up to that, but dont call last year "unsual"...Moeller is the team to beat this year

Couldn't agree with you more. St X has been the team to beat in Cincinnati the last few years and though this year is definitely a rebuilding one, they shall return. The point that I was trying to make earlier is that it really doesn't matter who wins the R4 title. Moeller, Indian Hill, or Lakota. None of these teams can win at the next level. Both UA and TW have killed and will kill any of these three teams. None of these three are even close to last year's St. X team that got cheated out of a D1 state championship. But that's what happens when the last two rounds are all played in Columbus. Nothing against the Columbus teams themselves, but I do believe that there is definetly a Columbus bias among the refs there.

I think that the region 4 crown is completely up for grabs this year. All the teams are very even and a clear favorite is hard to pick. With Indian Hill beating West and St. X coming 10 seconds away from beating Moeller, any team could make a run. An interesting game coming up will be this Friday's game between Indian Hill and St. X.

I agree with laxplayer11 as well, all that matters is who shows up to play on a given day, but I think the season ranks at the end of the year should be:

1. Moeller
2. Indian Hill
3. Lakota West
4. St. X
5. Mariemont
6. Summit
7. Sycamore
8. CCD
9. Milford
10. Anyone Else

I would guess IH is number 1
Moe 2
St X 3
Lakota WEst r 4
sycamore 5
mariemont 6

I moved St X up to 3 due to there lay at the end of the year, I know nobody wants to play them in the playoffs. Any word on who is playing who. I know LW is the third seed but the other 3 all are 1-4- does anyone have any idea.

BigMoe1 said:
I would guess IH is number 1
Moe 2
St X 3
Lakota WEst r 4
sycamore 5
mariemont 6

I moved St X up to 3 due to there lay at the end of the year, I know nobody wants to play them in the playoffs. Any word on who is playing who. I know LW is the third seed but the other 3 all are 1-4- does anyone have any idea.

based on the standings it looks like: Indian Hill #1 bye, Moeller #2 bye, Lakota #3 plays Mariemont #6, Sycamore #4 plays St. X #5

My source told me west vs ST X syc vs mariemont Moe plays winner of west X game IH plays winner of syc mariemont due to IH win over X. Not positve

Natti said:
based on the standings it looks like: Indian Hill #1 bye, Moeller #2 bye, Lakota #3 plays Mariemont #6, Sycamore #4 plays St. X #5

BigMoe1 said:
My source told me west vs ST X syc vs mariemont Moe plays winner of west X game IH plays winner of syc mariemont due to IH win over X. Not positve

go to OHSLA and pull down brackets for D1. 4 plays 5. Laxpower has latest standings which show Syc is #4 and X is #5

The state does not go by laxpower they go by their standings on their site

Natti said:
go to OHSLA and pull down brackets for D1. 4 plays 5. Laxpower has latest standings which show Syc is #4 and X is #5

St X, Mariemont, and Sycamore were all tied for the 4th place spot. I think the state moved on to overall records and Sycamore got 4th, Mariemont got 5th and St X got 6th. I'm on the St X team and as far as I know the matchups are:
#6 St X at #3 Lakota West 5/23
#5 Mariemont at #4 Sycamore 5/23
#6/#3 at #2 Moeller 5/25
#5/#4 at #1 Indian Hill 5/25

I dont kno about everyone else but i think anderson is going to slaughter loveland since milford 10'd loveland and fenwick beat milford. it should definitely be ugly.

I honestly thought Lakota would play Mariemont and Sycamore would play St. X....any idea how they based this off of? Mariemont, St. X, and Sycamore seemed to be scrambled up, it almost seems like they were randomly placed into their seedings (although I know they weren't, I just would like to know how they seeded them exactly)...with Mariemont beating X, and X beating Sycamore, and Sycamore beating Mariemont, its kinda weird...

Laxplayer11 said:
I honestly thought Lakota would play Mariemont and Sycamore would play St. X....any idea how they based this off of? Mariemont, St. X, and Sycamore seemed to be scrambled up, it almost seems like they were randomly placed into their seedings (although I know they weren't, I just would like to know how they seeded them exactly)...with Mariemont beating X, and X beating Sycamore, and Sycamore beating Mariemont, its kinda weird...

I believe it was overall record including non conference games. Sycamore was 10-6, Mariemont was 3-8, and St X was 6-14. According to laxpower though Mariemont has a lower winning percentage than St X (.27 Mariemont and .30 St X) so for picking between those two i guess they went with whoever had the least amount of losses or the head to head records. Either way Mariemont got the #5 over St. X. Seedings 4-6 don't really matter too much though especially in this years tournament because the #6 seed came 10 seconds away from beating the #2 and lost to the #1 by a goal. From what I know St. X isn't too bent out of shape about getting a #6 because any team can make a run in region 4. Hope that helps your question.

Red October said:
I believe it was overall record including non conference games. Sycamore was 10-6, Mariemont was 3-8, and St X was 6-14. According to laxpower though Mariemont has a lower winning percentage than St X (.27 Mariemont and .30 St X) so for picking between those two i guess they went with whoever had the least amount of losses or the head to head records. Either way Mariemont got the #5 over St. X. Seedings 4-6 don't really matter too much though especially in this years tournament because the #6 seed came 10 seconds away from beating the #2 and lost to the #1 by a goal. From what I know St. X isn't too bent out of shape about getting a #6 because any team can make a run in region 4. Hope that helps your question.

The first ranking is the record within the region. In this case Sycamore, STX, and Mariemont were tied at 1 and 4. Thedifference between the Laxpower ranking and the OHSLA ranking is that Laxpower uses the overall record as the tie breaker and OHSLA uses the record against OHIO teams only. So any out of state games are not includes

Go to ohsla.org site pull up standings. When teams are tied with records they are seeded by by something call RPP (sp) i believe it is the third collum no explanation on the site but that is how they do it tim