Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

, you've been neither forthcoming nor specific with them.
Specific? 0-3 versus the local rivals.
Freshman and JV teams embarrassing disasters, maybe 3 wins combined. Six freshmen showed up for a game. JV has 3 players who've never played high school before.
Top talent escapes yearly (Hornbeak, Hunt, Jaynes, Jones, Pike, Leach)
I believe this is year six and he's had one District title, winning one in the least talented districts in Ohio.

If you support CCHS, how can you support this?

Oh, a varsity senior quit this week......

I mean, is he not wrong when he says "we are young?" Every single impact player he has is an underclassmen in a league and division that churns out D1 talent yearly, something that everyone KNEW was going to make it a tough league. They have one kid who should be playing in the post and two who have been "playing tall" since last year (their only upperclassmen). Yeah they lost talent, especially with Leach, but who hasn't Whitmer pulled thus far?

Whatever grievances you have with Floyd other than "social media" (if football doesn't meet expectations, do you react the same?) or a valid reason as to why they're behind their (very good) competition, you've been neither forthcoming nor specific with them.

I'm surprised you weren't calling for his head when he had the same record and predicament in 2021. Then 2022 came along and what, they had their best season in eight or so years? But not because the young talent he had grew up and matured, right? One down year doesn't mean it's time to blow everything up. Let them grow up another year.
The Irish are super young. Starting 1 freshman, 3 sophomores, and 1 senior. Not to mention another frosh coming off the bench.

They did have a 6'5" junior last season who came off the bench and was primed to be a starter for his senior season, what happened with that, transfer? Would've provided some nice senior leadership alongside Brennamen for such a young team. Let's remember that iMack is a D1 caliber recruit already with D1 offers as a freshman. Give them time. Also remember...football is just 209 days away.

The Irish are super young. Starting 1 freshman, 3 sophomores, and 1 senior. Not to mention another frosh coming off the bench.

They did have a 6'5" junior last season who came off the bench and was primed to be a starter for his senior season, what happened with that, transfer? Would've provided some nice senior leadership alongside Brennamen for such a young team. Let's remember that iMack is a D1 caliber recruit already with D1 offers as a freshman. Give them time. Also remember...football is just 209 days away.
I believe you're talking about Tim Boals. He's a junior this year, and now playing at Perkins.

Same crap excuses, just a different year. How about figuring out why were super young, again? Why is the program in such terrible shape? Only 6 freshman showed up to a game? How about 3 kids on JV who have never played high school basketball before, isn't that a red flag? Why does top talent leave the program so often? Perfect example what a laughing stock the program is, they cut a freshman, mostly because the head JV coach had business issues with the kid's dad, so they cut a great kid and decent player. Few days later they call the kid back and ask him to come back to the team and now the kids a starter, just another embarrassing day in the Floyd run program. I, as an alum of the school have a higher standard for what it takes, 6 years is long enough.

Last edited:
2015-16: 10-12 (Loss in D2 district semifinal to Napoleon 55-48)
2016-17: 6-16 (Loss in D2 district semi to Woodward 59-58)
2017-18: 10-14 (Loss in D1 district semi to SJJ 63-42)

Floyd Era:
2018-19: 14-9 (L in D1 district semi to Northview 54-51, first win over SJJ since Welling in 2013-14)
2019-20: 16-7 (L in D1 district semi to Northview 58-52, Swept SJJ)
2020-21: 7-12 (L in D2 regional semi to Buchtel 68-51, first district title since Welling in 2011-12, and beat #1 Rossford on the way there)
2021-22: 20-6 (L in D2 regional semi to Gilmour Academy 65-54, back-to-back District champs, swept SJJ and SFS, wins over Spire and WOGA)
2022-23: 20-5 (L in D2 district title to Rossford 48-34, 3-1 against SFS and SJJ, TRAC champions)
2023-24: 6-10 so far. One upperclassmen that starts, first year in a very talented league that would be tough to compete in already.

I guarantee they'll make a district final appearance, if not win the thing.

Two losing seasons out of six? The one losing season being the foundation for two twenty-win seasons? The other with a bunch of young talent bringing up the rear. Whoever they lose, they lose, but to blow it all up because you find embarrassment in a year in which anyone could've told you they were going to be down would be insane.

I'd rather this than another Haney situation.

What an embarrassment tonight on Cherry St, but it’s the youth. Is it the youth who never gets to help side? Is it the youth who can’t shoot? Is it the youth who’s been a 4-year starter and has nothing but regress the last 2 years? How’s the skill development on Cherry?
And people actually support this 🤡

What an embarrassment tonight on Cherry St, but it’s the youth. Is it the youth who never gets to help side? Is it the youth who can’t shoot? Is it the youth who’s been a 4-year starter and has nothing but regress the last 2 years? How’s the skill development on Cherry?
And people actually support this 🤡
Sheesh

Anyone peep that northwood ranger buzzer beater versus the north baltimore tigers? Starting to get hot at the right time. I would venture that ottawa hills cannot be happy about playing northwood while they are on the upswing and OH continues to struggle. I know it was said that northwood has not beat ottawa hills in many years but i can feel that this is northwood moment tomorrow. I know its not what i expected but tomorrow could go along way in cementing 4th place and finishing ahead of two teams in the league. Northwood 66-Ottawa Hills 57.

Anyone peep that northwood ranger buzzer beater versus the north baltimore tigers? Starting to get hot at the right time. I would venture that ottawa hills cannot be happy about playing northwood while they are on the upswing and OH continues to struggle. I know it was said that northwood has not beat ottawa hills in many years but i can feel that this is northwood moment tomorrow. I know its not what i expected but tomorrow could go along way in cementing 4th place and finishing ahead of two teams in the league. Northwood 66-Ottawa Hills 57.
LOL.....North Baltimore is one of the worst high school teams in NWO.....and it took a buzzer beater to win? Yikes.

Ottawa Hills 59-49. Northwood now 4-11 and 0-6 in conference.

LOL.....North Baltimore is one of the worst high school teams in NWO.....and it took a buzzer beater to win? Yikes.

Ottawa Hills 59-49. Northwood now 4-11 and 0-6 in conference.

No kidding, make no mistake, will always respect Northwood Football and Baseball in terms of what they do against the TAAC, but man, their basketball program is one that never gets wheels. As I said before, cannot blame them for wanting out of the TAAC, especially in terms of basketball. They are out-matched constantly, and can't think of the last time they have been a threat to win the TAAC, let alone beat Ottawa Hills (would love to know the stat on this). Would argue that losing to Northwood in hoops is like watching Ohio State football lose to Indiana. When that happens.....well you can fill in the blanks for teams expected to be good in the TAAC.

As to the TAAC though, if we want to talk about a team hitting their stride, it's definitely Toledo Christian. Some things never change.....death, taxes, and that team on the Trail looking primed for March.....and the team for TC this year is no different