Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

This announcement/commitment thing for high school needs to end. Beyond idiotic.
I’m 50/50 on it. I agree that it shouldn’t be a normalized thing and that it looks tacky as heII. In Leach’s case though a LOT of people were throwing around the rumor that he was going to transfer, so something to clarify/dispel that rumor wouldn’t be a terrible thing IMO.

Why? What’s it hurting? Does it matter in the long run? Is it any different than someone posting what they are having for dinner on social media?
It's just sad that people feel the need to post what they are having for dinner on social media. The other thing? I dont care.

Now that Lionel Armstead has the Clay job who gets the EC head job ?
Stritch will have an opening posted when EC announces their hiring. Much to the chagrin of some posters, they may announce it with a tweet. Or can schools do that but kids, no?

Stritch will have an opening posted when EC announces their hiring. Much to the chagrin of some posters, they may announce it with a tweet. Or can schools do that but kids, no?
much to the chagrin of some posters, no one expressed any "chagrin" over announcing coaches, with a twitter or with a stick up their crapper. Announce away.

benicio del toro GIF by FilmStruck

Not sure if you guys consider it Toledo Area, but it's NW Ohio lol. The Columbus Grove job is open. Would be a nice fit for someone looking to move into what has kind of become a "basketball town"....albeit a small one lol

My man got on the Stritch twitter and shouted himself out before handing over the resignation paperwork. Lol.
Haha that’s an all-time move! Whenever I get a new job, I’ll need to hack my old companies social media page before I take off 😂

I was just lobbing a softball up there for you.

EDIT: Regarding the 29% test scores - an education is what the student wants to make it. More reflective of their priorities and what they have going on in their life than anything else.

I'm still up in the air on the funding issue. I would like to think that the market would determine the demand/number of private schools and how they raise $$$ and or collect tuition from private $$$. So the solution would be either fewer schools or more donors who value a private school education.

At the same time I have seen examples and heard comments from kids who are grateful and take full advantage of the change in scenery. Had they not received the voucher they would hang with the same guys and continue on the same path.....which they were mature enough to admit was taking them nowhere.
The market is ever-changing. You might not notice it at first glance or at least I didn't. I've coached long enough (40 years, football and track) that the old boogey man was always the parochial schools. While they can still be labeled that way what has gradually morphed into a problem has been the academies. Free of any diocesan influence, they can go far and wide to get enrollment.

Your point concerning fewer schools or more donors is what seems to be the difference between our reality around Toledo and NW Ohio compared to Central Ohio. Schools propagating like rabbits with healthy established parochial districts doing quite well too. Throw in academies with wealthy families banding together to form strong athletic programs if even for a short period of time. I don't know how it is in NE Ohio but there are increasing pockets of Columbus awash in cash. Toledo can't match that and will never again match it, at least in our lifetime. NW Ohio has seen parochial schools close such as Fostoria St. Wendelin that I never thought would happen. Sandusky St. Mary is on life support as well. The donors who value a private school education are either slowly dying off or simply can't afford the cash to keep up with salaries, utilities, and upkeep. The fewer schools scenario seems to apply more harshly in our region for a myriad of reasons but the cash flow thing is key. Findlay is one of the few towns in NW Ohio that is not just spinning their wheels but even they can ill-afford the loss of a Marathon or Cooper tire.