Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2020-2021

I saw Rossford beat Defiance. Clay beat Perrysburg and then dropped to Northview.

Whitmer should NEVER be as bad as they are. With the shape WHS sports are in and with mass exodus of kids someone is dropping the ball. The AD must be counting backwards to retirement.

Hell, PAULDING beat Defiance.

Really makes me question what the deal was in the Findlay game.

Lima Sr plays Perrysburg on 12/8.

Perrysburg looks like they are a year away from being real solid. They have multiple young guys (soph/jr class) who are pretty long and athletic who can face the basket and get to the rim. Doing that vs Clay and Napoleon is different than doing it vs Lima though.

From research, tomorrow night's Norwalk-Ross matchup will be the first meeting since 2-18-69, a 65-50 Trucker dub at Class AA Sectional Tournament at Sandusky High.

This will be first regular season matchup since 12-6-59, 46-34 Trucker dub. Norwalk on modest 3-game winning streak (NHS won in 58-59 season as well) spanning 62 years.

In case anyone is wondering, and I know you aren't, both haven't played Football since 1950.

In addition to Ross beating Norwalk on Tuesday, Coach Cahill announced these games for the Little Giants...
Wednesday.....vs. Vermilion
Thursday...vs. Olentangy
12/18 @ Bowling Green
12/19 vs. Tiffin Columbian
12/22 @ Findlay
12/30 @ First Federal Holiday Showcase. I believe that is at Berlin Hiland in Holmes County.

Last edited:
In addition to the Ross beating Norwalk on Tuesday, Coach Cahill announced these games for the Little Giants...
Thursday...vs. Olentangy
12/18 @ Bowling Green
12/22 @ Findlay
12/30 @ First Federal Holiday Showcase. I believe that is at Berlin Hiland in Holmes County.

not working out badly at all. Holiday with the Amish. I know they've a rep on the girl's side. How's the boy's teams do?

not working out badly at all. Holiday with the Amish. I know they've a rep on the girl's side. How's the boy's teams do?

Boys teams at Berlin Hiland are always pretty well regarded too. Toledo Christian has had their way with them the last two years though. I think TC played a good portion of the game this year without their top player (McWinnie) due to injury.

63-49 This year
74-57 Last year

In addition to the Ross beating Norwalk on Tuesday, Coach Cahill announced these games for the Little Giants...
Thursday...vs. Olentangy
12/18 @ Bowling Green
12/22 @ Findlay
Ross is playing Smithville at Berlin Hiland on the 30th. Hiland as the host is playing both the 29th (North Royalton) and the 30th (Waynedale).

Ross was going to play at BG on 12/18. Looks like that just got postponed.

Last edited:
Fremont Ross beats Norwalk tonight, 71-59. The Little Giants are now 2-0 on the season and host Vermilion tomorrow night.

How are the publics responding to the Lucas county private schools' ignoring the health order? We can all empathize with their desired choice to play. ALL the schools want to play. But to actually do it? They do benefit from the taxes of all, the work of all. They are supposedly a part of all. The we can do what we want to doesn't seem like Christian sacrifice at all and not particularly collegial so I'm not sure what statement they think they are making. Will out of county publics play them?

How are the publics responding to the Lucas county private schools' ignoring the health order? We can all empathize with their desired choice to play. ALL the schools want to play. But to actually do it? They do benefit from the taxes of all, the work of all. They are supposedly a part of all. The we can do what we want to doesn't seem like Christian sacrifice at all and not particularly collegial so I'm not sure what statement they think they are making. Will out of county publics play them?

From what I have been reading some of the private schools believe that they can continue to follow the procedures and processes that were put in for fall sports with much success. There is also zero confidence in the Lucas County health board since their own actions do not lead you to believe that they are taking this serious when living their own lives.

It has been stated that;
Dr. Ross hosted Thanksgiving for family members who do not live in his house.
Dr. Monk was about to play or just had finished playing pickle ball when the zoom call messed up his schedule.
Dr. Zgodzinski lives in Port Clinton (Ottawa County) which is red just like Lucas county, but he continues to allow his daughter to swim and attend her swim meets.

So the private schools who are continuing to play seem to be aligned with the risk assessment the Health Boards own members are living their own lives based on. The issue of do as I say not as I do is not helping the county cause.

It doesn't look like St. Johns has had any success scheduling;

1607522217365.png

I believe it is causing some serious rife. Word is the public schools in the league are strongly looking elsewhere to play. All kinds of rumors flying around at the moment which include Clay and Ross to the SBC. Whitmer and Findlay to the NLL. Maumee to the NBC (old one). It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

As always, things need to make sense for all involved and I see some holes in what is being tossed around but it IS being tossed around.

I believe it is causing some serious rife. Word is the public schools in the league are strongly looking elsewhere to play. All kinds of rumors flying around at the moment which include Clay and Ross to the SBC. Whitmer and Findlay to the NLL. Maumee to the NBC (old one). It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

As always, things need to make sense for all involved and I see some holes in what is being tossed around but it IS being tossed around.

Oregon/Jerusalum township could move the high school to the Bono curve, start a fishing team and then it would make sense to join the SBC over the NLL. No slight to the SBC, but Clay needs to tuck their shirt in, comb their hair, use a little mouth wash and actually put their best foot forward this time if the NLL even glances their way for a second. How they blew their shot the last go around with the NLL is mind boggling.

1607526769088.png

From what I have been reading some of the private schools believe that they can continue to follow the procedures and processes that were put in for fall sports with much success. There is also zero confidence in the Lucas County health board since their own actions do not lead you to believe that they are taking this serious when living their own lives.

It has been stated that;
Dr. Ross hosted Thanksgiving for family members who do not live in his house.
Dr. Monk was about to play or just had finished playing pickle ball when the zoom call messed up his schedule.
Dr. Zgodzinski lives in Port Clinton (Ottawa County) which is red just like Lucas county, but he continues to allow his daughter to swim and attend her swim meets.

So the private schools who are continuing to play seem to be aligned with the risk assessment the Health Boards own members are living their own lives based on. The issue of do as I say not as I do is not helping the county cause.

Are you making a claim that the public is subject only to the personal conduct of those elected or charged with making and enforcing the rules? Or is thepublic accountable to the rules? Your response is more than bizarre. It's unethical. Wasn't there something in the rules book the private's claim to live by, about Caesar?

It sucks, we know it sucks. But when supposedly Christian valued institutions show their loyalty goes only so far as their self-interest, they are fitting every negative stereotype of the schools that reject all God's children.

The proper thing, the moral thing would have been to live by the intent and the spirit of the ruling, help others to do so also, and find a way to mitigate as a league and a member of institutions with a larger purpose. If it's a war of separation of peoples that they want, then have the sincerity to declare. They're not just disrespecting the publics in their community. They're saying all publics exist only for the advancement of private school cause.

I honestly think ANY public that takes a game from this group lowers itself to lap-dog.

Last edited:

The TRAC publics would like nothing better than leaving the TRAC privates high and dry. What IB is talking about is being discussed on many different levels. It all comes down to the NLL and opening their league up to Whitmer, Findlay and Fremont and maybe Clay. NLL schools wouldn't mind sticking it to the TRAC privates either.

The TRAC publics would like nothing better than leaving the TRAC privates high and dry. What IB is talking about is being discussed on many different levels. It all comes down to the NLL and opening their league up to Whitmer, Findlay and Fremont and maybe Clay. NLL schools wouldn't mind sticking it to the TRAC privates either.

You make no sense. It's the private "schools" that clearly left the Publics. The only difference that past behaviors is here the private schools made it overt.

I do not understand the reasoning behind ANY public playing a Lucas county school that has jumped ship, regardless they see the government ruling as BS. This isn't any enemy of my enemy situation. It's whether you are going to allow yourself to be used or not. If you are going to allow yourself to be used, to give up that dignity, at least be paid, lol.

County schools (public or private) that look to violate the rule took the wrong approach here. I hope they come to their senses. There are many ways to lead here that do not take a whole lot of imagination that do not break the spirit of shared government or Christian duty and sacrifice.

Are you making a claim that the public is subject only to the personal conduct of those elected or charged with making and enforcing the rules? Or are they accountable to the rules? Your response is more than bizarre. It's unethical. Wasn't there something in the rules book the private's claim to live by, about Caesar?

It sucks, we know it sucks. But when supposedly Christian valued institutions show their loyalty goes only so far as their self-interest, they are fitting every negative stereotype of the schools that reject all God's children.

The proper thing, the moral thing would have been to live by the intent and the spirit of the ruling, help others to do so also, and find a way to mitigate as a league and a member of institutions with a larger purpose. If it's a war of separation of peoples that they want, then have the sincerity to declare. They're not just disrespecting the publics in their community. They're saying all publics exist only for the advancement of their private cause. I honestly think ANY public that takes a game from this group lowers itself to lap-dog.

I have zero control over any of the decisions made by the county or the schools. I was just just pointing out what I had read/heard.

The loudest voices that I have heard coming out against the county are from public school families/coaches in the Sylvania, Anthony Wayne and Oregon school districts. So I don't think this is a private vs public school issue. It just takes longer for the public school systems to hear their families voices.

I won't be surprised to see the county back off even though none of the data that supported their initial decision has changed. If that doesn't happen it wouldn't be too far fetched to see a district like Anthony Wayne go against the order.

Kyle Knight(WFRO) and Coach Cahill didn't hesitate their feelings about Ross and SBC Lake especially after getting Norwalk last night and Vermilion tonight. Also, Knight took the pressure off Cahill when it was mentioned last night's game was Ross kids vs. Norwalk kids. I don't think it takes a genius to figure out what was implied.

Lima Senior at St. Francis postponed. Spartans will head to Thomas Worthington on Friday for a triple header.