Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2020-2021

They can go with Ottawa River Conference even if they do keep Lima.

Outside of all conference honors I think if Lima goes indy this time around will be easier on them scheduling wise. Maybe set up some type of Notre Dame / ACC situation with the Toledo City League for football / all sports potentially.

The would need a partner for that since TCL is an even number of teams. LCC might work for that. LCC is much smaller but the level of football played in TCL is like D6.

They wouldn't really need a partner since the TCL as of now only plays 5 league games. Lima as a de facto member would simply be that 6th "league / non-league" game. With such a small league to begin with you wouldn't necessarily have to have that even number. If you're the TCL without a 7th member you're still only filling 5 guaranteed weeks of games. Lima would just guarantee you a 6th week is all. The TCL schools could then just have to worry about scheduling weeks 1 - 4 instead of 1-5. Lima could then schedule CC, SJJ and SFS in weeks 1-4 with a 4th school to be named annually.

I think it'sin both their interests to take a slow approach for the first year after the new league. Budgets had to have taken a hit over the last year. Toledo thought nothing of cutting sports once. Raising their head too high and saying, we're sending the 3 person tennis team to Lima might open up a game of whack-a-mole. Probably should.

Lima will be fine for a year to see if an independent schedule allows them to pick and choose across all sports, according to strengths. It would be a nice story to see the locals work something out, where rivalries are natural and have OOC for Fremont, Findlay, teams to the East and south.

Other than the difficulty of football scheduling I don't see the private schools having any difficulty going independent. For a majority of their sports if they have asperations beyond winning a district title then they (private schools) should and will welcome the ability to compete against similar schools and avoid some of the non-competitive games.

Plus, for the individual sports that a public school program is competitive in they will welcome the challenge of playing the private school teams as a measure of where they are at and in many cases they will win those games.

I think on the field/court this move will end up being positive for everyone (including the private schools), with the exception of private school ADs, Lima Sr. boys basketball and to a lesser extent football.

I also agree with the other poster who mentioned Lima Sr. joining the Toledo City league as a good option for them. Their sports at the varsity level other than boys basketball and football are more in line with the TCL when looking at level of competition across all sports.

Last edited:
Let's see who Stritch gets as a coach and if there's any SFS to Stritch player movement. :D

Looks like Stritch's entire staff left to go to SFS or has stepped away from coaching. Stritch has 3 high end 2023's and maybe TPS could benefit as the kids wouldn't have to sit if they went back to their home district.

Looks like Stritch's entire staff left to go to SFS or has stepped away from coaching. Stritch has 3 high end 2023's and maybe TPS could benefit as the kids wouldn't have to sit if they went back to their home district.

Thought maybe Von Graffin would take over at Stritch.

Heard AJ Adams is going to officially sign with University of Findlay tomorrow.
After seeing Adams play this year I thought he'd go somewhere a little bigger than Findlay. Although, also heard he took games off once in awhile. Either way.. good for him. UF is getting a damn good player.

After seeing Adams play this year I thought he'd go somewhere a little bigger than Findlay. Although, also heard he took games off once in awhile. Either way.. good for him. UF is getting a damn good player.
I think some of it is he is getting caught up in the NCAA giving everyone an extra year. The thing is there are no extra opportunities so everyone they gave to returning players one is taken away from some other players.

Add in that 1 out of every 4 D1 player entered the transfer portal college coaches can just go pick up a 22 or 23 man from there that knows how to play college ball so why go after 18 of 19 HS kid that may just enter the transfer portal themselves in a year or two.

Just saw on the Toledo board, Chico Johnson received an offer from UToledo. Good to see the local recognizing the locals, regardless Johnson decides to stay home or not.
It'd be nice if he stayed. They'd be an especially talented team if he comes back next year.