The Official 2024 Reds season thread

Not the outcome we wanted last night, but I thought at least for the first 4-5 innings, the at bats were much better. Fairchild got a nice hit to score the first run, but then was thrown out trying for two. We had 3 more hits that inning. Maybe a big innings flushed away.

Today's winning lineup!
1715274412541.png

That's hard to believe that a team that went wire-to-wire had two 1-9 stretches but hey I guess it's possible!
It's very possible. My point was that because baseball has 162 games, we forget so many of the downs of seasons and just remember the good. I'm certainly not saying this team is going to win the world series, but the crowd that want's to blow things up and call this a bust is simply not in tune with baseball. We are still a very young team with a lot of potential growth. And I say potential because we don't know how any of these guys are going to end up. We hope there is a Joey Votto and Jay Bruce in there, or a Brandon Phillips, but we may have some Nick Senzels and Robert Stephensons, It's always been that way in baseball.