The Official 2023 Cincinnati Reds Thread

That was a bitterly disappointing way to go out. Connor Phillips only got 12 pitches, not a single strike thrown. And then to be down 11-0 quickly was too large of a hill to climb. And getting knocked out by a decimated Cardinals team. Especially since the Astros took care of their end of the deal and now will be playing for the AL West title and a bye today.

Jonathan India’s postgame interview last night referring to “THEY have a great future” instead of “WE have a great future” suggests he thinks his time in Cincinnati is coming to an end.

I’ve said it here before, but the next five months will be the most important segment of the rebuild. You have a good amount of young talent. Now you have to figure out how to build up a championship-caliber team around those guys.
The next several months will be vital, but let's not get overly dramatic. There are still alot of question marks both on the team and in the minor leagues. I'd like to see Elly, McLain, Marte, CES all make the strides from year one to year two like Steer and TJ Friedl did, but no guarantees. And there are guys in the minors who are making the climb as well. So this is all going to be fluid and there are not CRITICAL decisions that will make or break this francise. At the end of the day, the players will have the biggest impact on how this team does.
Correct on India, he can't be that dense, he sees the writing on the wall, he can still play everyday for someone, just not the Reds.

The next several months will be vital, but let's not get overly dramatic. There are still alot of question marks both on the team and in the minor leagues. I'd like to see Elly, McLain, Marte, CES all make the strides from year one to year two like Steer and TJ Friedl did, but no guarantees. And there are guys in the minors who are making the climb as well. So this is all going to be fluid and there are not CRITICAL decisions that will make or break this francise. At the end of the day, the players will have the biggest impact on how this team does.
Correct on India, he can't be that dense, he sees the writing on the wall, he can still play everyday for someone, just not the Reds.
Nonsense.

The decisions made this offseason are very critical and Jonathan India is a valuable piece to this team.

Nonsense.

The decisions made this offseason are very critical and Jonathan India is a valuable piece to this team.
Ok, I'll bite. Where are you going to play India next season? My opinion is the infield looks like Marte, Elly, McLain, CES. India has played only 2nd base so I don't see him as a better option over McLain, and I don't think Jonathan is going to be ok with being a platoon, backup player.

Ok, I'll bite. Where are you going to play India next season? My opinion is the infield looks like Marte, Elly, McLain, CES. India has played only 2nd base so I don't see him as a better option over McLain, and I don't think Jonathan is going to be ok with being a platoon, backup player.
It does not matter what India wants. He is under contract and if he wants to land a new deal in the future he'll play wherever they put him.

Buying a championship, not quite. The top 3 teams in payroll this year - Mets, Yankees, Padres; 6 of the top 10 payroll teams made the playoffs, and Only 6 of the top 15 teams in payroll made the playoffs. Of the bottom 10 payroll teams, 4 did make the playoffs being the D-backs, Marlins, Orioles and Rays.
So the tide may be turning in baseball. I think there is more young talent in baseball maybe than ever before.