The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Season basically hinges on this ten game road trip. Need to go 6-4 or 7-3 which would get them to 22-25 or 23-24 with 13 games to play. Do I think that will happen? Of course not.

If they can't take 3/4 from Pittsburgh then I give up.
They’ve shown no ability to string a bunch of wins together. So disappointing.

Down 4-3, last inning. Coming up we have Shogo, Garcia, Barnhart. All of them batting .200 or below. None of them a real threat to tie the game with one swing. you are managing, what do you do?

Ding-a-ling does nothing. Hey, Shogo and Barny are lefties against a righty pitcher, and that is all Bell understands. Meanwhile, Aquino, Casali, and Galvis are all available on the bench. none of them are setting the world on fire, but all 3 are hitting better than the 3 scheduled guys, and all have a chance to hit it out.

I'm tired of seeing obvious strategy errors and yelling at my TV. Fire Ding-a-ling!

Cheer up. I mean they lost to the Pirates. It’s not like they’re the worst team in baseball ......er um. Whatever

Always next year! Looking forward to it!

Actually, I still see the Reds finishing at spots 8,9 or 10 this year. Marlins have been collapsing as of late, Brewers are very catchable and Giants are the biggest hurdle to get to the 8 spot. As poorly as they have pitched from the closer spot, they still have a chance.

Last edited:
Again - Ding-a-ling with obvious strategic misfire. Why not intentional walk to load the bases with 1 out in the 9th? Has he not seen baseball before? It may not have changed the outcome, but it is obviously the correct move.

His stupid little analytics notebook he carries probably just has stupid notes in it that say things like "lefty versus righty is better!" and "we'll get em tomorrow!". What a terrible manager.

And a terrible closer. How does he still have that job?

Last edited:
In past seasons you could just tune out in September bc they were always so far out of the hunt it didn’t matter. This season feels exceptionally cruel bc they’re only a few games back of the WC. Realistically, you know they won’t get in the playoffs, but there’s this little part of you that still thinks maybe they’ll have a shot, so you stay invested

In past seasons you could just tune out in September bc they were always so far out of the hunt it didn’t matter. This season feels exceptionally cruel bc they’re only a few games back of the WC. Realistically, you know they won’t get in the playoffs, but there’s this little part of you that still thinks maybe they’ll have a shot, so you stay invested
That just it..... They are a small win streak (3-4 games) away from taking a playoff spot.

That just it..... They are a small win streak (3-4 games) away from taking a playoff spot.
And that’s why this is feels so cruel, they’re not ever going to get on that win streak. It’s like a Carnival Game, there’s a 90% chance you lose, but you keep playing for that 10% chance of actually winning.

Reds have had 7 baserunners through 6 innings and only 1 has gotten on base when there weren't already 2 outs. That was Akiyama in the 5th and he got out on the very next pitch when Garcia grounded into a double play.