The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Again, your lack of perceptiveness is your problem.

The jokes went over your head as you refuse to accept the ideological/cultural context.

The comic nerds I've heard/read talk about it all say the same thing, it's like a different character cosplaying as She-Hulk. I'll take their word for it.

Again, your lack of perceptiveness is your problem.

The jokes went over your head as you refuse to accept the ideological/cultural context.

The comic nerds I've heard/read talk about it all say the same thing, it's like a different character cosplaying as She-Hulk. I'll take their word for it.

So you’re jumping to conclusions with no evidence or knowledge to back up your opinion on a show you haven’t watched yet?

Sounds about right.

Also, lol at railing against Hollywood for influencing what people think while letting “comic nerds” influence what you think. Gold.

Try thinking for yourself and not judge something before you’ve even seen it.

Last edited:
they can watch old shows. If that's their culture, bigger issues.... right? This particular character was an attorney, day one. Not really any changes in cause.
Why should they lose their culture just bc some no talent radical leftists get writing jobs they don’t deserve?

She-Hulk has been around as a character for more than 40 years.
Hey I admit to being ignorant of the comic book universe once you get past the big names. But doesn't it make my point that they would spend so much money on making & promoting a She-hulk movie rather then trying to do something original?

Hey I admit to being ignorant of the comic book universe once you get past the big names. But doesn't it make my point that they would spend so much money on making & promoting a She-hulk movie rather then trying to do something original?

I’m not sure what you’re getting at? Marvel has been making movies and tv shows about well established characters for 14 years now. Are you suggesting they should create an original character?

I’m not sure what you’re getting at? Marvel has been making movies and tv shows about well established characters for 14 years now. Are you suggesting they should create an original character?
I'm talking about the greater movie & TV series universe then Marvel comics. If Marvel was the only one doing this and simply moving through their character list it's no big deal. But from the Star Trek & Star Wars universes to almost all movies and TV series created the constant fixation on inclusion and woke social justice concepts is killing entertainment IMO. It's not only insulting to those of us who may disagree with the ideological stance being taken but even worse is that it's boring as hell.

I just read an interview with Kathleen Kennedy the person in charge of Star Wars at Disney and she openly admits to doing this. If I can find it I'll link to the article and you can be the judge. Bottom line was that she seemed fixated on PC and not story telling and compelling characterization. IMO that's a sin.

I'm talking about the greater movie & TV series universe then Marvel comics. If Marvel was the only one doing this and simply moving through their character list it's no big deal. But from the Star Trek & Star Wars universes to almost all movies and TV series created the constant fixation on inclusion and woke social justice concepts is killing entertainment IMO. It's not only insulting to those of us who may disagree with the ideological stance being taken but even worse is that it's boring as hell.

I just read an interview with Kathleen Kennedy the person in charge of Star Wars at Disney and she openly admits to doing this. If I can find it I'll link to the article and you can be the judge. Bottom line was that she seemed fixated on PC and not story telling and compelling characterization. IMO that's a sin.
Here's the article. An interesting read:

I think there is a place for both. Originality is certainly always welcome but I also have no problems with a new spin on an established story. In fact I quite like them.

At the end of the day the main thing that matters is the quality of the end result. This ties back to the discussion awhile back on reboots. Are they really that big of a deal? The original content is still there for those that love it and the the reboot can be there for those who like the new take as well. Doing a remake doesn’t erase the original.

I know the Kathleen Kennedy interview you’re referring to. The one regarding Solo? IMO Solo gets a bad rap. It’s not a bad movie by any means, but gets a lot of backlash because of the recasting of Harrison Ford, which many fans didn’t take to. If you get past that and just judge the movie for it’s own merits, it’s a decent movie IMO.

Their job is to make money. And they're doing it because the story telling and characterizations are compelling. Your "it ain't my world anymore" crowd just throwing tantrums looks silly. If they don't want to make movies for your crowd. I don't blame them.

Why give yourself reflux when you can just watch old movies or have your crowd make their own. They have plenty of money. That was your refrain when blacks complained. ? Now it's your turn.

Their job is to make money. And they're doing it because the story telling and characterizations are compelling. Your "it ain't my world anymore" crowd just throwing tantrums looks silly. If they don't want to make movies for your crowd. I don't blame them.

Why give yourself reflux when you can just watch old movies or have your crowd make their own. They have plenty of money. That was your refrain when blacks complained. ? Now it's your turn.
They could be making more money if they dropped the Woke BS and focused on entertaining stories. The "Force Awakens" was destined to make loads of money as the pent up demand was off the charts. But instead of building on that movies success and exploding profits into orbit the wokesters saw diminishing earnings for the sequels because a lot of people didn't like the woke direction Abrams had taken "The Force Awakens".

And please with the "it ain't my world anymore" crap. I love the new movies & series way better then the old stuff. The key is knowing where to look to find the good content. Which is what this thread is about.

BTW plenty of creative folks are making movies and series for my crowd. You just have to know where to look. Oh and I suspect that "my crowd" is a lot bigger then you believe.

And what reason do you have to throw race into this discussion?

Why should they lose their culture just bc some no talent radical leftists get writing jobs they don’t deserve?
What's your talent? They get to do what they want to because it's their business and they decide who deserves what. What do you do that they should gaf about your wants?

They could be making more money if they dropped the Woke BS and focused on entertaining stories. The "Force Awakens" was destined to make loads of money as the pent up demand was off the charts. But instead of building on that movies success and exploding profits into orbit the wokesters saw diminishing earnings for the sequels because a lot of people didn't like the woke direction Abrams had taken "The Force Awakens".

And please with the "it ain't my world anymore" crap. I love the new movies & series way better then the old stuff. The key is knowing where to look to find the good content. Which is what this thread is about.

BTW plenty of creative folks are making movies and series for my crowd. You just have to know where to look. Oh and I suspect that "my crowd" is a lot bigger then you believe.

And what reason do you have to throw race into this discussion?
You did that. Finding nit-picky hypocrisies is your schtick. You can gather up a bunch of likeminded people and make you're own movie as well as all these other groups you complain should pool their money and make happen.

Now it's your opportunity to follow your own advice. Instead you whine. You're just beatched because you're finding out the world doesn't look like you. Not even within this country. You're just a shrinking part of the diversity, doesn't it feel GOOD!!! :D

Last edited:
So you’re jumping to conclusions with no evidence or knowledge to back up your opinion on a show you haven’t watched yet?

Sounds about right.
I'm quoting actual dialogue from the show lol

Also, lol at railing against Hollywood for influencing what people think while letting “comic nerds” influence what you think. Gold.

Try thinking for yourself and not judge something before you’ve even seen it.

Yeah, thinking for myself is asking people who've read the comics how it compares. Not thinking for yourself is accepting everything at face value, like She-Hulk is the same She-Hulk because of all the superficial similarities.

Take your own advice as someone who clearly has a shallow understanding the topic they're discussing here.

I'm quoting actual dialogue from the show lol

Yeah, thinking for myself is asking people who've read the comics how it compares. Not thinking for yourself is accepting everything at face value, like She-Hulk is the same She-Hulk because of all the superficial similarities.

Take your own advice as someone who clearly has a shallow understanding the topic they're discussing here.

You have yet to be able to provide an answer as to how this is a different She-Hulk from the comics.

Did you think people wouldn’t notice?

I always figured she was early 30s and Grant was like late 30s. Not that weird. Especially since the movie spent so much time on her wanting kids

It is. Some of the examples: she's doesn't shy away from her superhero-ness. She's way more confident. Different sense of humor. Different motivations. Different ideas.

You really need to expand your myopic worldview. Jesus.

It is. Some of the examples: she's doesn't shy away from her superhero-ness. She's way more confident. Different sense of humor. Different motivations. Different ideas.

You really need to expand your myopic worldview. Jesus.

Lol I’m not myopic for challenging you to defend your opinion, and you predictably being unable to. You’re just defensive because you know you’re full of it. You the last person who should be calling someone myopic.

As for her personality, predictably you’re wrong. She doesn’t shy away from it. She embraces the sense of self confidence and less inhibition that she feels as She-Hulk. Everything we saw in the trailer is consistent with how she’s typically been portrayed in the comics.

4E7A8781-C264-4B58-AA7A-6E546D765166.png

A36EBE30-0CF9-4F1F-B97D-ABB29C5EAFCF.png

Last edited:
Lol I’m not myopic for challenging you to defend your opinion, and you predictably being unable to. You’re just defensive because you know you’re full of it.

As for her personality, predictably you’re wrong. She doesn’t shy away from it. She embraces the sense of self confidence and less inhibition that she feels as She-Hulk. Everything we saw in the trailer is consistent with how she’s typically been portrayed in the comics.

View attachment 29898

View attachment 29896

You can't even read, dude.

The trailer shows us a few things: she's timid, a bit awkward, displays a clear ideological slant, etc. Nearly everything we saw in the trailer was at odds with the comics lol

You're myopic and not that bright

You can't even read, dude.

The trailer shows us a few things: she's timid, a bit awkward, displays a clear ideological slant, etc. Nearly everything we saw in the trailer was at odds with the comics lol

You're myopic and not that bright

Lol she’s timid and awkward in the comics. That’s the whole point of her feeling more self confident and uninhibited when she transforms. It’s a major part of her character in the comics. She feels freer as She-Hulk and even for a time chooses not to change back to her human form. All of this is referenced above, which I’m guessing you didn’t bother to read.

You’re desperately clinging to (lame) insults because you have nothing else. It’s ok to admit you’re wrong man. No one will think less of you.

My god lol Information just beads off you like water on a windshield; no aborption at all. It’s just annoying having to explain the obvious repeatedly to you and then watching you act like nothing relevant was said

She’s a confident lawyer in her “real life” and since she doesn’t have the “condition” to the same degree as Bruce Banner, she retains her personality when transformed. You’re just babbling and making excuses

My god lol Information just beads off you like water on a windshield; no aborption at all. It’s just annoying having to explain the obvious repeatedly to you and then watching you act like nothing relevant was said

She’s a confident lawyer in her “real life” and since she doesn’t have the “condition” to the same degree as Bruce Banner, she retains her personality when transformed. You’re just babbling and making excuses

More lame insults, no substance.