The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Because if Omar sees a non-white doing something a white heterosexual-male could do, it's "woke.' Fighting, picking up objects, getting a college degree, driving a car... "woke."

can't wait to see his reaction to Ms Marvel, a Muslim-American teen with super powers who idolizes a white female superhero.

Next up, They Hulk

d7sdkzy-5d1b1dc9-523c-4831-a4df-a987bc53cf26.jpg

Guys, hopefully you notice Mindy Kaling’s Velma is Southeast Asian. Imagine race swapping an establish character of color for a white character, people would freak. However, doing the exact opposite is supposed to be celebrated?

except you ignore one key fact: Nothing about Velma's history as a character revolves around her race. The spirit of her character has always been about her intelligence and detective skills.

It literally does not matter what her race is, and if it matters to you, that's a you problem.

Last edited:
except you ignore one key fact: Nothing about Velma's history as a character revolves around her race. The spirit of her character has always been about her intelligence and detective skills.

It literally does not matter what her race is, and if it matters to you, that's a you problem.
It doesn’t, what bothers me is if it were the reverse, it would a media s**t storm

I see a couple key facts supporting Velma being Asian:

1. Velma was portrayed as intelligent; a classic Asian stereotype.
2. Velma was short with that bob haircut thing; a classic Asian women stereotype.
3. Velma was never allowed to drive the mystery machine, it was always Fred driving; a classic Asian women stereotype. Everyone knows white males like Fred are much better drivers than Asian women like Velma.

I see a couple key facts supporting Velma being Asian:

1. Velma was portrayed as intelligent; a classic Asian stereotype.
2. Velma was short with that bob haircut thing; a classic Asian women stereotype.
3. Velma was never allowed to drive the mystery machine, it was always Fred driving; a classic Asian women stereotype. Everyone knows white males like Fred are much better drivers than Asian women like Velma.
When I was at a daughter's volleyball tourney a Cosplay convention was going on at the same time in the convo center and the single most popular outfit in the place was a sexy Velma. All these nerdy girls were rocking some seriously risque looks, many really couldn't pull it off though. Also a lot of implied girl on girl stuff with Daphne that got the boys juices flowing. Don't remember any Asians in the group but would like to see if Mindy Kaling is game for exploring her sexuality.

velma_and_daphne_by_lianthus_d7y419r-fullview.jpg

In general, the people who tend to ignore cultural context and gaslight people about the existence/persistence of woke culture are either not that bright (brainwashed) or are deliberately obfuscative, as they do not wish for exposure and debate

In general, the people who tend to ignore cultural context and gaslight people about the existence/persistence of woke culture are either not that bright (brainwashed) or are deliberately obfuscative, as they do not wish for exposure and debate

Didn't you just gaslight anyone that's not seeing this woke culture in every single instance of every film that doesn't look exactly like their pre-pubescient favorites? Yes, yes you did. :unsure:

Nether you nor Omar give impression you're looking for debate. You're displaying fear and anxiety over fictional characters. Whole Shakespeares have been done by all-male troups (even traditionally), all female troups, all gay troups... It's NORMAL!!!

But, we're not here to not let you enjoy your fear. Have at it. Enjoy. I want more "woke" because it's fun imagining the agony you and Omar and all the other retentives go through over not-life. Sorry, I have a cruel streak and if I get upset a women is being shown as powerful, assertive, doing a "man's" job, I can always dig out an old 60's show.

Because why?
People know what side of the ideological debate I come out on this stuff but I would offer a non ideological take: this crap is so unimaginative! All female Ghost Busters! A women Hulk! A girl "Luke Skywalker" who is of course superior in every way! On and on it goes. It's a cop-out of the first degree and utterly devoid of original thought.

How about creating NEW content with strong female protagonists? Why the need to "re-imagine" old movies with new casting? It's actually an insult to women and minorities when they do this. It also makes for much less interesting and compelling entertainment.

Take science fiction, my personal favorite, over all these years the woke"entertainment" masters have not topped the Alien franchises Ripley as the most believable, compelling and strong women. In the movie Dune, which is based on a 60 year old book, you have the Lady Jessica again one of the most compelling, original and strong female characters in science fiction.

The worst thing about woke "entertainment" is just how devoid of originality it is. All the effort and passion of the creators has gone into ticking off boxes to ensure "inclusion" and to push a radical redefinition of society. It's beyond stale IMO.

Didn't you just gaslight anyone that's not seeing this woke culture in every single instance of every film that doesn't look exactly like their pre-pubescient favorites? Yes, yes you did. :unsure:

Nether you nor Omar give impression you're looking for debate. You're displaying fear and anxiety over fictional characters. Whole Shakespeares have been done by all-male troups (even traditionally), all female troups, all gay troups... It's NORMAL!!!

But, we're not here to not let you enjoy your fear. Have at it. Enjoy. I want more "woke" because it's fun imagining the agony you and Omar and all the other retentives go through over not-life. Sorry, I have a cruel streak and if I get upset a women is being shown as powerful, assertive, doing a "man's" job, I can always dig out an old 60's show.
I don’t even watch these shows, I just empathize with the nerds having their culture stolen in the name of Id pol.

People know what side of the ideological debate I come out on this stuff but I would offer a non ideological take: this crap is so unimaginative! All female Ghost Busters! A women Hulk! A girl "Luke Skywalker" who is of course superior in every way! On and on it goes. It's a cop-out of the first degree and utterly devoid of original thought.

How about creating NEW content with strong female protagonists? Why the need to "re-imagine" old movies with new casting? It's actually an insult to women and minorities when they do this. It also makes for much less interesting and compelling entertainment.

Take science fiction, my personal favorite, over all these years the woke"entertainment" masters have not topped the Alien franchises Ripley as the most believable, compelling and strong women. In the movie Dune, which is based on a 60 year old book, you have the Lady Jessica again one of the most compelling, original and strong female characters in science fiction.

The worst thing about woke "entertainment" is just how devoid of originality it is. All the effort and passion of the creators has gone into ticking off boxes to ensure "inclusion" and to push a radical redefinition of society. It's beyond stale IMO.

She-Hulk has been around as a character for more than 40 years.

When I was at a daughter's volleyball tourney a Cosplay convention was going on at the same time in the convo center and the single most popular outfit in the place was a sexy Velma. All these nerdy girls were rocking some seriously risque looks, many really couldn't pull it off though. Also a lot of implied girl on girl stuff with Daphne that got the boys juices flowing. Don't remember any Asians in the group but would like to see if Mindy Kaling is game for exploring her sexuality.

velma_and_daphne_by_lianthus_d7y419r-fullview.jpg
Velma is stacked. Also, Mindy Kaling is fat now, she can keep her sexuality to her self.

I don’t even watch these shows, I just empathize with the nerds having their culture stolen in the name of Id pol.
they can watch old shows. If that's their culture, bigger issues.... right? This particular character was an attorney, day one. Not really any changes in cause.

Do you know what gaslighting is?

I debate this stuff all the time, it's the close-minded "you're just afraid" nonsense that shuts things down. We're not "afraid" of it (whatever that even means), but we see how destructive this stuff is for society at large and don't want it propagandized in media. Secondarily, the "entertainment" this ideology pumps out sucks. In the case of the LOTR (and other franchises) imposes itself where it doesn't belong, more or less hijacking the entertainment media realm, creating a lot of resentment.

Amusingly, you've done nothing here but prove my point. But carry on.

Last edited:
^these sorts of comments are exactly part of the problem. Obfuscation to avoid the actual issue, which is not "green CGI woman".

^these sorts of comments are exactly part of the problem. Obfuscation to avoid the actual issue, which is not "green CGI woman".

issues you create in your head aren’t issues.

You’re complaining about a fake character that has existed for more than 40 years and by all accounts is a very faithful take on the character.

This is a show about a well established character. It’s not some “woke” gender swapping bait and switch.

Gaslighting and obfuscation. Classic.

Just because you want to ignore the cultural context doesn't mean it's not there.

The issue isn't the character, clearly. You can make a She-Hulk show/movie that doesn't have a woke ideological message.

Gaslighting and obfuscation. Classic.

Just because you want to ignore the cultural context doesn't mean it's not there.

The issue isn't the character, clearly. You can make a She-Hulk show/movie that doesn't have a woke ideological message.

Can you send me a link to the episodes you’ve watched?

I wasn’t aware they had leaked online already.

Can you send me a link to Rings of Power too?

Did you watch the trailer? lol

Hulk: "The transformations are triggered by anger and fear"

She-Hulk: "Those are just the baseline of any woman just existing"

Woman: "You could be an Avenger!"

She-Hulk: "Oh I'm not a superhero. That's for billionaires and narcissists..."

Such woke.

Your lack of perceptiveness is not my problem, just don't act like your inability to identify these things means it doesn't exist.

And again, this is a case of woke infiltration of an existing character/story and morphing it to fit their ideology. The She-Hulk here is not like the She-Hulk in the comics, so you can't even claim "it's just an existing character". The title She-Hulk exists. A female "Hulk" exists. But this ain't it.

Did you watch the trailer? lol

Hulk: "The transformations are triggered by anger and fear"

She-Hulk: "Those are just the baseline of any woman just existing"

Woman: "You could be an Avenger!"

She-Hulk: "Oh I'm not a superhero. That's for billionaires and narcissists..."

Such woke.

Your lack of perceptiveness is not my problem, just don't act like your inability to identify these things means it doesn't exist.

And again, this is a case of woke infiltration of an existing character/story and morphing it to fit their ideology. The She-Hulk here is not like the She-Hulk in the comics, so you can't even claim "it's just an existing character". The title She-Hulk exists. A female "Hulk" exists. But this ain't it.

lol those jokes went way over your head.

The billionaire/narcissist joke is a reference to Iron Man, and the rest of the joke referencing adult orphans was a Batman joke.

As for the anger/fear joke, if that’s your sole basis for calling something woke, that’s a you problem. Not to mention the joke is actually an insult to women, so not sure how it’s also “woke”. Not to mention Anger is a well known trigger for transformation for both Bruce and Jennifer, so the joke fits in the context of the scene (which was about learning how to trigger the transformation).

And what is different about this She-Hulk? Same name, same back story, same profession, powers obtained the same way, same general age range, same power set and same struggle balancing personal/work/superhero life. Heck they even have her working for the same law firm as the comics (which we also saw in the DareDevil series).

So tell us She-Hulk expert, what major changes to the character did you see in a 1:48 trailer?

Last edited: