Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Madison does not have a point guard, they will be average at best. They need to try the big guy running things. Throw in the head coach that they have and there is going to be some frustration.
What's your take on Madison's point guard now?

Doesn’t surprise me. Earlier this season at “The Pit” Oakwood had a parent go into Bellbrook student section and attack students. Their administration turned their head and allowed this behavior to happen. It took Bellbrook administrators to diffuse the problem. She continued her childish behavior last Friday @ Bellbrook. The AD at Oakwood might want to have their parents review the OHSAA code of conduct.

Yikes what was she doing
It was an absolutely wild final 12 minutes, Franklin was down 24 pts. and came storming back and tied it with 8.2 seconds remaining. Franklins' ball and Tez Lattimore drove down the lane and dropped in lay-up at the buzzer. Franklin couldn't buy a basket for 2 and a half quarters , before Ryan Russell (22) pts. caught fire and ignighted the comeback. Franklin scored 31 pts. in the 4th Qtr. taking the outright League championship.

Doesn’t surprise me. Earlier this season at “The Pit” Oakwood had a parent go into Bellbrook student section and attack students. Their administration turned their head and allowed this behavior to happen. It took Bellbrook administrators to diffuse the problem. She continued her childish behavior last Friday @ Bellbrook. The AD at Oakwood might want to have their parents review the OHSAA code of conduct
Doesn’t surprise me. Earlier this season at “The Pit” Oakwood had a parent go into Bellbrook student section and attack students. Their administration turned their head and allowed this behavior to happen. It took Bellbrook administrators to diffuse the problem. She continued her childish behavior last Friday @ Bellbrook. The AD at Oakwood might want to have their parents review the OHSAA code of conduct.
absolutely unacceptable. how can people allow themselves this reaction at a high school sporting event?

Get your facts straight. It was the Bellbrook student section that was out of control. You’re saying a parent attacked students? That was not at all what happened and you are making completely false accusations. Bellbrook administration “diffused the problem” that’s laughable! In reference to the second game Oakwood had against Bellbrook I witnessed that parent do absolutely nothing but cheer on her child.

Get your facts straight. It was the Bellbrook student section that was out of control. You’re saying a parent attacked students? That was not at all what happened and you are making completely false accusations. Bellbrook administration “diffused the problem” that’s laughable! In reference to the second game Oakwood had against Bellbrook I witnessed that parent do absolutely nothing but cheer on her child.
So your saying this parent didn’t remove herself from her seat, walk down to the Bellbrook students, and pursue a confrontation. After all this she continued to stand up and taunt these students with her obnoxious hand gestures. This behavior also continued at the second match up with her and her friend dancing and waving at the Bellbrook students. I witnessed all with my own eyes. I was so struck with her behavior I couldn’t stop watching her. It really distracted my focus on the game.

So that was an Oakwood parent that went on the court to the official? Judging by the way the play happened I would guess it would be an Oakwood fan that was that upset. It seemed like an intense game. There’s no excuse for that to happen. But keeping it real it looked like that dude was getting hacked pretty good and they called a jump ball lol.

So that was an Oakwood parent that went on the court to the official? Judging by the way the play happened I would guess it would be an Oakwood fan that was that upset. It seemed like an intense game. There’s no excuse for that to happen. But keeping it real it looked like that dude was getting hacked pretty good and they called a jump ball lol.
He was getting hacked but you still can’t do that

It was an absolutely wild final 12 minutes, Franklin was down 24 pts. and came storming back and tied it with 8.2 seconds remaining. Franklins' ball and Tez Lattimore drove down the lane and dropped in lay-up at the buzzer. Franklin couldn't buy a basket for 2 and a half quarters , before Ryan Russell (22) pts. caught fire and ignighted the comeback. Franklin scored 31 pts. in the 4th Qtr. taking the outright League championship.
Maybe she was just upset with the comeback and let her emotions get the best of her, Not a good look for the league, I do have to admit a few years ago at a 8th grade game against Shawnee Oakwood had some of the worst parents I’ve seen, Played them this year didn’t see any issues, bottom line is you don’t ever run on a court going after a official sometimes you have to act like a grown up

let me make sure to clarify my post, i was at both bellbrook/oakwood games and did not see any commotion, i understand something occurred but i did not see it, hence i cannot comment on it. my comment above "absolutely unacceptable. how can people allow themselves this reaction at a high school sporting event?" is solely in response to the video posted from last night's game, which i did not attend. but imho there is no action which merits a parent or fan entering the field of play and touching a referee. none. ever.

Madison lost to Ross tonight 50-48. I was not at the game but my daughter was. She said Madison made a shot from half court that would have won the game but it was waved off. She said their was a foul on Madison but she doesn’t know basketball that well. Madison ends 19-3 and a league title. My question is they only play a handful of D2 teams and only 1 D1 (Edgewood). Hope that doesn’t hurt them in the tournament

Madison lost to Ross tonight 50-48. I was not at the game but my daughter was. She said Madison made a shot from half court that would have won the game but it was waved off. She said their was a foul on Madison but she doesn’t know basketball that well. Madison ends 19-3 and a league title. My question is they only play a handful of D2 teams and only 1 D1 (Edgewood). Hope that doesn’t hurt them in the tournament

All of the big time schools such as Trotwood, moeller, St V St M, St Eds tout the toughness of their schedule as a reason for their post season success. How many swbl have been drilled by Dayton Public Schools in the first round? Madison may have gotten a good draw.

All of the big time schools such as Trotwood, moeller, St V St M, St Eds tout the toughness of their schedule as a reason for their post season success. How many swbl have been drilled by Dayton Public Schools in the first round? Madison may have gotten a good draw.

Madison May have gotten a good draw. The point is Smith is one of those coaches that doesn’t want to schedule himself out of a job. When you have a kid like Whisman though make your schedule tougher. Prepare yourself for the postseason so you can make a run. They don’t even play some neighboring schools that are bigger. I hope the Mohawks do well. I wish them luck,

Ross came out shooting lights out from 3, and Madison was a little flat tonight. Friday's game was packed, last night's game not nearly as many people in the stands and the boys played with little enthusiasm for the first 3 quarters. They made a great comeback, but too little, too late. It's high school basketball, you never know what to expect. Madison beat Edgewood, Edgewood nailed Ross, and Ross beat Madison.

Madison May have gotten a good draw. The point is Smith is one of those coaches that doesn’t want to schedule himself out of a job. When you have a kid like Whisman though make your schedule tougher. Prepare yourself for the postseason so you can make a run. They don’t even play some neighboring schools that are bigger. I hope the Mohawks do well. I wish them luck,

I agree 110%.

With the regular season over who do you think makes 1st team Buckeye/Southwest

1 Whisman/Madison
2 Agee/Preble Shawnee
3 Story/Northridge
4 Singleton/Preble Shawnee
5 Burney/Carlisle
6 Todd/ Waynesville
7 Nolbertowicz/Waynesville
8 Butt/Dixie
9 Case/Milton
10 Sipple/Madison
That would be my guess for the Buckeye

With the regular season over who do you think makes 1st team Buckeye/Southwest

1 Whisman/Madison
2 Agee/Preble Shawnee
3 Story/Northridge
4 Singleton/Preble Shawnee
5 Burney/Carlisle
6 Todd/ Waynesville
7 Nolbertowicz/Waynesville
8 Butt/Dixie
9 Case/Milton
10 Sipple/Madison
That would be my guess for the Buckeye
Looks good. The only person you may have missed is the Freshman Brumbaugh from Milton. I think he’s got a shot to be 1st team. Looking at his game log. He seemed to play pretty good against Buckeye division teams. I’m not sure tho.

Yikes what was she doing
Looked from the video she was genuinely trying to help the official get the call correct. Suspect she may have learned her lesson. The guy in the red coat I assume was with her?
She was not dressed the way I typically picture an over involved fan. Honestly, the body language of the offical was kind of interesting, he looked like he was bending and twisting to get every possible angle covered from where he stood. Dont often see an official get that animated.
One day basketball games will be played from behind glass like Hockey, for the saftey of the players and officials.

Looks good. The only person you may have missed is the Freshman Brumbaugh from Milton. I think he’s got a shot to be 1st team. Looking at his game log. He seemed to play pretty good against Buckeye division teams. I’m not sure tho.
It’s between him or the Case kid I just figured they would give it to Case because he averaged more points but you could put the Brumbaugh kid in for Case don’t think they will put two Milton kids in with finishing 6-6 in the league

It’s between him or the Case kid I just figured they would give it to Case because he averaged more points but you could put the Brumbaugh kid in for Case don’t think they will put two Milton kids in with finishing 6-6 in the league
Yeah, I'd say you are right about that. It makes more sense for Waynesville to get 2 kids on first team. The Case kid had a good year too, and the more I think about it, I find it more likely he ends up on first team.

I don't think each team automatically gets one. Looking at last year, Dixie did not have a player make first team.. There have also been many years when teams have had 3 players make first team.
I was just looking at that, do you think Dixie gets one this year? I don think so i think brumbagh and case from milton take it

I was just looking at that, do you think Dixie gets one this year? I don think so i think brumbagh and case from milton take it
I think the Jordan Butt had a good enough year to make first team, but I don't know if he will. It may be between him and Brumbaugh for the last spot.

If that happens I think the coaches probably ripped Dixie off Jordan Butt average is 14 points 4 rebounds and 2.7 assists Brumbagh average is 12.7 points 4 rebounds 2.6 assists can’t blame the Dixie kid for not having as much help as the Milton kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.