SW OH D1 Tourney Discussions.

Some good matchups:
South 1: Oak Hills vs Loveland. Winner of this will beat Creek.
South 2: WIll lose to Seton in Districts.
South 3: MND wins districts.
South 4: Seton beats the South 2 winner in districts. (I wouldn't be surprised if Ursula or East upsets Mason.
South 5: Milford Beats Centerville

Seton vs MND in Regional Final.
MND goes up state.
MND vs Seton would be the Regional Final I see happening. Mason is very exposed right now. If Ursuline could score a goal or two they would have beaten them a couple weeks ago.

I think MND goes out early. Yep, I said it. Maybe wins districts, but loses to Creek (or Loveland.)
Saw them play Mason earlier and they looked great, complete opposite last night vs McNick. They didn’t win many balls in the middle, mistakes on the back end that a better attacking player takes advantage of, and their attacking mids took lots and lots of shots from distance. it didn’t look look any adjustments were made, but eventually talent won out.

Someone mentioned Milford’s luck running out. How about maybe they are very talented and well coached. They had bad luck against Seton. Missed a PK then lost one of their best players to a red card. Still tied them playing a man down. Haven’t lost all year. Tied MND Saturday 1-1 with four starters out of the game.
Milford tied vs. Kings at half 0-0.
Kings isn’t good.

I think MND goes out early. Yep, I said it. Maybe wins districts, but loses to Creek (or Loveland.)
Saw them play Mason earlier and they looked great, complete opposite last night vs McNick. They didn’t win many balls in the middle, mistakes on the back end that a better attacking player takes advantage of, and their attacking mids took lots and lots of shots from distance. it didn’t look look any adjustments were made, but eventually talent won out.
Something to think about. MND has already won the GGCL, locked up the 1 seed for tourney, tourney draw is out... I do believe their whole bench is getting lots of minutes to keep their horses fresh and healthy for the tournament. They aren't going to play their horses a lot against McNick. Let the bench kids play. Heck, I was at the Milford/MND game, MND best player didn't even play 2nd half. MND plays their XI majority of the game, they get out of the region.

Something to think about. MND has already won the GGCL, locked up the 1 seed for tourney, tourney draw is out... I do believe their whole bench is getting lots of minutes to keep their horses fresh and healthy for the tournament. They aren't going to play their horses a lot against McNick. Let the bench kids play. Heck, I was at the Milford/MND game, MND best player didn't even play 2nd half. MND plays their XI majority of the game, they get out of the region.
Great point. If MND’s reserve middies were the ones striking the ball from distance with confidence, then MND is really loaded. The shots were easily handled, so to your thought, likely reserves.

Round 2 matchups:

Any Upsets? Predictions? I see all chalk here. Maybe Little Miami over Lebanon.

#3 Loveland vs #22 Kings
#6 Oak Hills vs #14 Mercy McAuley
#4 Mason vs #25 Talawanda
#8 St. Ursula vs #24 Hamilton
#1 MND vs #28 Princeton
#11 Walnut Hills vs #18 Turpin
#5 Seton vs #12 West Clermont
#10 Lebanon vs #17 Little Miami
#2 Milford vs #23 Western Brown
#9 Anderson vs #20 Harrison

The only numerical upset I could see would be Lebanon/Little Miami but neither team has set themselves apart in anyway this year so it's kind of a push in my opinion.

Round 2 matchups:

Any Upsets? Predictions? I see all chalk here. Maybe Little Miami over Lebanon.

#3 Loveland vs #22 Kings
#6 Oak Hills vs #14 Mercy McAuley
#4 Mason vs #25 Talawanda
#8 St. Ursula vs #24 Hamilton
#1 MND vs #28 Princeton
#11 Walnut Hills vs #18 Turpin
#5 Seton vs #12 West Clermont
#10 Lebanon vs #17 Little Miami
#2 Milford vs #23 Western Brown
#9 Anderson vs #20 Harrison
Ill go:

Loveland 2-0 over Kings.
Oak Hills 3-0 over Mercy McAuley
Mason 6-0 over Talawanda
St. Ursula 2-0 over Hamilton
MND 9-0 over Princeton
Walnut Hills 1-0 over Turpin.
Seton 3-0 over West Clermont
Lebanon 2-1 over Little Miami
Milford 8-0 over Western Brown
Anderson 2-0 over Harrison.

My predictions:

#3 Loveland vs #22 Kings - 2-1
#6 Oak Hills vs #14 Mercy McAuley - 1-0
#4 Mason vs #25 Talawanda - 4-0
#8 St. Ursula vs #24 Hamilton - 3-0
#1 MND vs #28 Princeton - 9-0
#11 Walnut Hills vs #18 Turpin - 2-0
#5 Seton vs #12 West Clermont - 3-1
#10 Lebanon vs #17 Little Miami - 2-2
#2 Milford vs #23 Western Brown - 6-0
#9 Anderson vs #20 Harrison - 2-1

Monday Sectional Finals:
#3 Loveland vs #6 Oak Hills @Princeton HS
#4 Mason vs #8 St. Ursula @KINGS HS
#1 Mount Notre Dame vs #18 Turpin @Lakota East HS
#5 Seton vs #17 Little Miami @Hamilton HS
#2 Milford vs #9 Anderson @Lakota West HS

#2 Springboro vs #4 Miamisburg @Bellbrook HS
#3 Beavercreek vs #7 Bellbrook @Miamisburg HS
#1 Centerville vs #8 Troy @Beavercreek HS

How many rematches of regular season games will take place in the Sectional Finals?

Miamisburg beat Springboro 4-1 just over a week ago.

I think it's a great draw for Mason. District final between Milford and Centerville would be a fun matchup. My best guess:

District Finals (10/28)
Centerville vs. Milford
Mason
vs. Seton
Loveland vs. Beavercreek
Miamisburg vs. MND

Regional Semifinal (11/2)
Milford vs. Mason
Beavercreek vs. MND

Regional Final (11/6)
MND vs. Mason

That's a safe, reasonable bet with how it'll play out. Here's my slightly riskier take:

District Finals (10/28)
Centerville vs. Milford
Mason vs. Seton
Loveland vs. Beavercreek
Miamisburg vs. MND

Regional Semifinal (11/2)
Seton vs Centerville
Beavercreek vs. MND

Regional Final (11/6)
MND vs. Seton

Nothing against Milford. They are a great team and really should win that game, just had to call an upset! Miamisburg has the potential to surprise MND with an early score, but unless 'Burg can do it twice early in the game, MND wins it with ease. Most likely place that MND gets knocked out before state semis, if it's going to happen.

Creek vs Loveland will be a toss-up that could go either way. #12 on Loveland will match up well against #11 on Creek, and both teams bring a center back into play that score often off set pieces, especially corners. Will definitely be one of the better matches to watch early on.

I've been very impressed with Seton this year. I think only MND can stop them.

District Finals (10/28)
Loveland vs Beavercreek at Mason HS
Mason vs Seton at Hamilton HS
Milford vs Centerville at Lakota West HS
MND vs Miamisburg at Lakota East HS

Im going with:
Loveland 3-0 over Beavercreek.
Seton 3-2 over Mason.
Centerville 1-0 over Milford.
MND 3-1 over Miamisburg.