SW OH D1 Tourney Discussions.

I think it's a great draw for Mason. District final between Milford and Centerville would be a fun matchup. My best guess:

District Finals (10/28)
Centerville vs. Milford
Mason
vs. Seton
Loveland vs. Beavercreek
Miamisburg vs. MND

Regional Semifinal (11/2)
Milford vs. Mason
Beavercreek vs. MND

Regional Final (11/6)
MND vs. Mason

I think it's a great draw for Mason. District final between Milford and Centerville would be a fun matchup. My best guess:

District Finals (10/28)
Centerville vs. Milford
Mason
vs. Seton
Loveland vs. Beavercreek
Miamisburg vs. MND

Regional Semifinal (11/2)
Milford vs. Mason
Beavercreek vs. MND

Regional Final (11/6)
MND vs. Mason
I think Mason got a bad draw. Ursula and East looming in their bracket. All tough teams.

I think Mason got a bad draw. Ursula and East looming in their bracket. All tough teams.
Tough teams, for sure. But they would only have to play one of those teams and I think they handle either one comfortably. They've made some late season adjustments that have worked well for them and I think they'll give MND a handful if they make it to the regional final, which I expect to happen.

Have
Tough teams, for sure. But they would only have to play one of those teams and I think they handle either one comfortably. They've made some late season adjustments that have worked well for them and I think they'll give MND a handful if they make it to the regional final, which I expect to happen.
you seen SUA play this year? MND has it locked

How does the process work? Do seeded teams get some sort of selection process? Or is it auto filled based on seeds and top teams bye preference?
My understanding is, just like basketball, volleyball and several other non Football sports...

1 is up. They pick.
2 is up. They pick.

1 all the way to 31 teams in D1.

So when you're up, you place yourself on a bracket.

How does the process work? Do seeded teams get some sort of selection process? Or is it auto filled based on seeds and top teams bye preference?
Brackets are empty. Coaches then place themselves on the open lines of the bracket starting from the #1 seed down to the last seed. Teams are allowed to pass their turn and it would go to the next team. If that team places their name on the line, then it goes back to the highest ranked team to go.

If #2 seed wanted to play against #1 in the first round, they could.

Loveland vs Creek = Loveland (I am not convinced Creek is real)
Mason vs Seton = Seton (Never thought I'd pick against the #1 GMC vs #2 GGCL)
MND Vs Miamisburg = MND (This could be an interesting game)
Milford vs Centerville = Centerville (Feel like Milford's luck will run out)

MND Makes it out of Regionals.

just a note.. Miamisburg is 4th in their district but has not lost to any of the 3 teams ahead of them. they beat 3rd seeded Beavercreek, tied second seeded Centerville and do not play Springboro until Wednesday.

Loveland vs Creek = Loveland (I am not convinced Creek is real)
Mason vs Seton = Seton (Never thought I'd pick against the #1 GMC vs #2 GGCL)
MND Vs Miamisburg = MND (This could be an interesting game)
Milford vs Centerville = Centerville (Feel like Milford's luck will run out)

MND Makes it out of Regionals.
creek is real. i went to school there. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I think 12 pens is pretty close. Seton's only losses are to the #1 in OH and KY both close games. I am interested to see MND without their stud center D that messed up her ACL. Feel terrible for her. She is fantastic.

I think 12 pens is pretty close. Seton's only losses are to the #1 in OH and KY both close games. I am interested to see MND without their stud center D that messed up her ACL. Feel terrible for her. She is fantastic.

Seton is the real deal. I have seen all the big player teams this year everyone keeps referencing and they IMO are the second best team in the City if not the entire SW Ohio. Which CB from MND messed up her ACL? They both are incredible and they have players are more than capable of filling holes.

Someone mentioned Milford’s luck running out. How about maybe they are very talented and well coached. They had bad luck against Seton. Missed a PK then lost one of their best players to a red card. Still tied them playing a man down. Haven’t lost all year. Tied MND Saturday 1-1 with four starters out of the game.

Milford is good! But to say they beat teams in the summer, isn't going to win you games in October. I would bet MND 90% of their roster didn't play in that friendly.
They played last Saturday at MND. All of them and score was 1-1. I know MND didn’t have their great defender but Milford was out four starters. Explain that result.

I was there and they did play their top players most of the game. They wanted to win.
Are you talking about the Mason Preseason Tournament? If so, hanging your hat on beating a team in July, means 0. MND did not have half their roster for that game. They had players at Nationals, and GA, and ECNL playoffs.

What barrej failed to expand on from the Milford Seton game was that the red card was given from taking out the goalie who then left the game. Only after she was out was Milford able to score a goal on a long shot over the freshman backup keepers hands.

Some good matchups:
South 1: Oak Hills vs Loveland. Winner of this will beat Creek.
South 2: WIll lose to Seton in Districts.
South 3: MND wins districts.
South 4: Seton beats the South 2 winner in districts. (I wouldn't be surprised if Ursula or East upsets Mason.
South 5: Milford Beats Centerville

Seton vs MND in Regional Final.
MND goes up state.

Some good matchups:
South 1: Oak Hills vs Loveland. Winner of this will beat Creek.
South 2: WIll lose to Seton in Districts.
South 3: MND wins districts.
South 4: Seton beats the South 2 winner in districts. (I wouldn't be surprised if Ursula or East upsets Mason.
South 5: Milford Beats Centerville

Seton vs MND in Regional Final.
MND goes up state.
^^^^ All of this.