SVSM Irish 2024

Larlham certainly has a better resume than the last couple of head coaches but I think they are looking to move away from anyone on the current staff.

Whoever they hire will have a solid nucleus to build around with LBs Brown and Hurley on defense and RB Johnson, OL Griffin and QB Taylor on offense. JV team has some talent so it may not be as painful as people think.

LOL. He started the downward trend.
Actually he didn’t. He took a jr and sophomore group to the state semifinals and that year we beat Massillon at Massillon we beat Canfield down 10-0 at the half both games.I don’t like pointing fingers but Marcus has us playing at an elite level and we almost beat the state champion la salle the score was like 17-9

For rebuild, following the Walsh model is the answer and not Hoban's. With all of success the Knights have had, I am not aware of any of their staff moving up into other jobs elsewhere. This is a sign. Other programs don't want that image or the strategy.

For rebuild, following the Walsh model is the answer and not Hoban's. With all of success the Knights have had, I am not aware of any of their staff moving up into other jobs elsewhere. This is a sign. Other programs don't want that image or the strategy.
Why would a coach leave a strong overall program to take the HC job at Ravenna?

So his Cvca program success is meaningless and asst at Walsh not real ent either?.. wowMaybe your kid didn’t get to start so your bitter
?
What about WHY he was let go from CVCA? I think he's a heck of a HC, but for a program like SVSM, you can't risk the program with someone that has skeletons like him.

As much as I’ve been been ranting about revisiting a previous candidate in nick hart I just think his track record would put us back on top again. He knows how to rebuild a program from nothing he massed a 102-20 win loss record in a 10 year span

Congrats on the lowest class post of the year!
I'm glad you are a perfect individual in your own mind!
Dude, chill out. In the same way I want a coach to hold kids accountable, I want the coach to lead the way in accountability. And yes I think people deserve second third and fourth chances, but this kind of scrutiny is earned based on his actions. He is accountable to them. Time will tell for him but right now, it’s ok for there to be some questions marks.

Dude, chill out. In the same way I want a coach to hold kids accountable, I want the coach to lead the way in accountability. And yes I think people deserve second third and fourth chances, but this kind of scrutiny is earned based on his actions. He is accountable to them. Time will tell for him but right now, it’s ok for there to be some questions marks.
Pretty petty outlook when you don't really know him or his Family personally, nor have you probably ever coached with him up close to know what your opinion is based on but other rumors and accusations!

Last edited:
As much as I’ve been been ranting about revisiting a previous candidate in nick hart I just think his track record would put us back on top again. He knows how to rebuild a program from nothing he massed a 102-20 win loss record in a 10 year span
Very few public school guys are wiling to give up their pay level and benefit retirement package to come to a private unless they are willing to match what they have or very close to retirement

Pretty petty outlook when you don't really know him or his Family personally, nor have you probably ever coached with him up close to know what your opinion is based on but other rumors and accusations!
I don’t think you understood my point. I think he’s certainly deserving of a chance… he’s a great coach. I just also think he’s going to be scrutinized (like he is). Is that unfair?

You know so little about the staff at Hoban and your post is reflective of that. Politics is absent unlike what you see at most public and private schools. The best kids play, regardless of who mom and dad are. A lot of these coaches are Alumni or have family in the program. Some coach multiple sports like track and basketball and have a lot of loyalty to Hoban. I give credit to Walsh for a resurgence but there are a lot of different models of success out there. It's starts with an administration the is dedicated to winning and finding a coach of like mind. Also when you wave the white flag of surrender to your cross town rival it signals a lot to the local talent.

Very few public school guys are wiling to give up their pay level and benefit retirement package to come to a private unless they are willing to match what they have or very close to retirement
Well he technically had the Job in hand but everyone quote on quote “‘they didn’t feel comfortable giving the keys to guy who didn’t have a valid reason to come from Indianapolis to Akron’” which I didn’t see as a valid reason to not hire somebody in my opinion .

Unfortunately I probably shouldn’t tell you this but I was indeed a student there and Dan Lancianses said that “they interviewed him because of his offense and how dynamic it was” they wanted someone to fix our offense system at the time had we known that everything would have taken a big step back program wise they would’ve done better.
You are 100% correct. That was the year Barberton and Stvm played for the first time in decades and Nichols was the OC. Stvm had no answer for his offense. He interviewed very well.

First of all I was a former student here and no this is not exciting at all it was just kind of a lightbulb moment where I realized that that’s why they hired cistone it was never for long gevity it was to find a suitable long term head coach and in my opinion he just might clean house.
This.
Cistone was never to be the long term hire.